Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jun 28, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #4,801 of 10,527
Right, this is a real problem, my Fiio cable doesn’t work 😢

I had what is perhaps the same Fiio cable, Lightning to micro USB, light grey in colour with a fabric wrap ? That is actually made by ddhifi. It was designed for the Fiio Q5 and worked perfectly for the Q5S I had but it would not work for anything else at all, not even a simple Schiit Modi 3.

I use a ddhifi Lightning to USB-C adapter and any of several USB-C cables for iPhone application and it works flawlessly with everything I’ve ever tried it with.

C60E65C3-034D-4110-8C3D-A17593725C21.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #4,802 of 10,527
Just grabbed one of these from Peter Tyson for £399, fingers crossed I can get this to work well as a desktop DAC between my PC and headphone amp, I'd prefer to run on mains rather than battery, that being the case I'm guessing the ifi 5v iPower power supply is the best bet?

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #4,803 of 10,527
Just grabbed one of these from Peter Tyson for £399, fingers crossed I can get this to work well as a desktop DAC between my PC and headphone amp, I'd prefer to run on mains rather than battery, that being the case I'm guessing the ifi 5v iPower power supply is the best bet?
You’ll find a statement from Rob Watts himself a bit higher up in this thread that he assumes that the choice of power supply for desktop,mode shouldn’t be very critical. I’m running mine off an older iPad USB charger.

Jun 29, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #4,804 of 10,527
You’ll find a statement from Rob Watts himself a bit higher up in this thread that he assumes that the choice of power supply for desktop,mode shouldn’t be very critical. I’m running mine off an older iPad USB charger.
One word of caution - I hear a hum when charging my Hugo2Go with my old iPad charger.
It does not matter in my situation as I usually run it on batteries, but I noticed the hum when I left the charger connected.

On the other hand I had no issues listening to the Mojo2Poly while charging it with an iFi iPower.

Jun 29, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #4,805 of 10,527
Good price! is that new or open box?
honestly I can't see anything better out there at that price, for the SQ and the versatility.

Jun 29, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #4,806 of 10,527
Good price! is that new or open box?
honestly I can't see anything better out there at that price, for the SQ and the versatility.

Open box, it appears they have more as it still says they have stock, so a bargain if anyone else wants one.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #4,807 of 10,527
Just grabbed one of these from Peter Tyson for £399,

That’s how I bought my mojo 2 and poly, both open box items from Peter Tyson and both in absolutely perfect condition with a combined saving of £150 which almost paid for an additional purchase of 7hz timeles, you’d never have known either the mojo 2 or poly were open box.

Jun 29, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #4,809 of 10,527
a very pleasant combination with the monarch mk2 - a very lively middle, as well as a nice deep bass, with u12t it’s more boring

IMG_0409.JPG

I found that the U12T sounded more exciting on the Mojo 2 with one click of crossfeed enabled - it brought the vocals more forward.

Jun 30, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #4,810 of 10,527
I've just hooked up my Mojo to my phone using Spotify as a source, I noticed that the sample rate is showing as green (96kHz), is this right?, I thought Spotify streamed at 44.1kHz? is it being upsampled? and if so will this degrade the sound sound quality in any way?

Jun 30, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #4,811 of 10,527
I've just hooked up my Mojo to my phone using Spotify as a source, I noticed that the sample rate is showing as green (96kHz), is this right?, I thought Spotify streamed at 44.1kHz? is it being upsampled? and if so will this degrade the sound sound quality in any way?
Android phones resample USB audio. Different manufactures resample to different rates; My Samsung resamples everything to 48kHz, and also applies the system sound mixer and volume control, so I would have to put the phone's volume to max. There are differing opinions and experiences on how much SRC (sample rate conversion) degrades quality. I tested this a couple of years ago and could hear a noticeable difference, but YMMV - Try to test it yourself if you can, for example using an iOS device (since they don't resample) or on Windows by setting the system sample rate to 44.1k.

This is why a lot of people use Tidal with UAPP, since it has its own driver which bypasses the Android audio stack.

Jun 30, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #4,812 of 10,527
Hello. I have the iPad Pro with USB C output. I need to charge my iPad and at the same time supply the USB C data from the iPad to the mojo 2. In other words a kind of USB C splitter to connect to the iPad via the USB C and one output to data of mojo2 and other output for charge iPad. Is possible? What type of cable, splitter or device I need for this? Or is impossible to use to charge the iPad while is supplying the data to the mojo2? Also what typ of cable USB C to USB C male to male I need from the iPad to the mojo 2?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #4,813 of 10,527
Hello. I have the iPad Pro with USB C output. I need to charge my iPad and at the same time supply the USB C data from the iPad to the mojo 2. In other words a kind of USB C splitter to connect to the iPad via the USB C and one output to data of mojo2 and other output for charge iPad. Is possible? What type of cable, splitter or device I need for this? Or is impossible to use to charge the iPad while is supplying the data to the mojo2? Also what typ of cable USB C to USB C male to male I need from the iPad to the mojo 2?
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MUF82AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter

Jul 1, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #4,814 of 10,527
Hi, all my USB C cables work between iPad and Mojo2, the original Apple but also shorter Amazon noname cables. Never tried a splitter or hub but guess it would also work. For me the sound quality from iPad USB C is not on par with toslink/optical, that’s why I ordered a Poly. I hope even AirPlay to Poly sounds better than USB C. Let you know as soon as my Poly arrives.

Jul 1, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #4,815 of 10,527
Hi, all my USB C cables work between iPad and Mojo2, the original Apple but also shorter Amazon noname cables. Never tried a splitter or hub but guess it would also work. For me the sound quality from iPad USB C is not on par with toslink/optical, that’s why I ordered a Poly. I hope even AirPlay to Poly sounds better than USB C. Let you know as soon as my Poly arrives.
Looking forward to your impressions! I have had the Poly for a week and SQ wise it's the best I have heard from Mojo 2, but I hadn't tested the M2 on optical in. Maybe need to try this weekend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back