Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jun 21, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #4,741 of 11,001
My mojo is now wireless without Poly. This provides so much flexibility and is a must have for on the go use if you don’t care for SD card.

It uses XDuoo 05BL Pro internals in a custom designed module created by @skedra
Very interesting, and from what I see it supports LDAC, as well? The problem is, it is not currently available neither on Amazon UK nor on AliExpress!
Is there any other similar device?

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #4,742 of 11,001
Very interesting, and from what I see it supports LDAC, as well? The problem is, it is not currently available neither on Amazon UK nor on AliExpress!

It supports LDAC, not much use to me with my Apple ecosystem but great for those who can use it.
You’re right, very difficult to get hold of it. I am not sure if there are any other similar products, best keep an eye out. Sometimes pop up on eBay

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #4,743 of 11,001
I've heard the xduoo module is end of life, unfortunately...

Jun 21, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #4,745 of 11,001
Jun 21, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #4,747 of 11,001
It supports LDAC, not much use to me with my Apple ecosystem but great for those who can use it.
does AAC too.
You’re right, very difficult to get hold of it. I am not sure if there are any other similar products, best keep an eye out. Sometimes pop up on eBay
As I said before, Topping does one, with optical out.

Jun 21, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #4,748 of 11,001
I had ordered it from Amazon UK a month back but got a response from the seller order cannot be fulfilled because of the Shortage and got a refund. Ended up ordering from Amazon US and shipped to the UK. I can see it is no longer available on Amazon US now.

It works well with Mojo2. I can barely distinguish between LDAC and wired for streaming from Apple Music on Android.

Jun 21, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #4,749 of 11,001
Jun 22, 2022 at 3:35 AM Post #4,752 of 11,001
That recommendation is inline with Rob Watts' statements that a good switching mode power supply is better than a linear power supply. His explanation was that the noise caused by the SMPS is very easy to filter, but the linear power supply lets mains noise passs through which is virtually impossible to remove.
I'd personally go for an IFI iPower supply, this is what the Chord Hugo 2 is delivered with. Niot cheap, but if I remember correctly Rob Watts stated that this was the best Chord could find.

Cheers!
Hugo 2's charger is a simple generic one with the simple intent of charging the battery. It's Hugo TT 2 where I spent a lot of time on the PSU selection, and getting it so that unplugging and listening via the super caps meant no change in SQ...

Jun 22, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #4,753 of 11,001
Hugo 2's charger is a simple generic one with the simple intent of charging the battery. It's Hugo TT 2 where I spent a lot of time on the PSU selection, and getting it so that unplugging and listening via the super caps meant no change in SQ...
To use mojo2 directly with sensitive and easy to drive fullrangers (Fostex 8" in a back loaded horn enclosure), would you expect to hear an appreciable difference in "desktop mode" with a LPSU as compared to a simple decent SMPS (i.e. Mean Well)? Provided mojo is fed by a well insulated streamer (usb/coax) or optical.

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #4,754 of 11,001
Thanks Rob. Any words of advice on how to best power the Mojo2 in desktop mode?

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #4,755 of 11,001
Thanks Rob. Any words of advice on how to best power the Mojo2 in desktop mode?
I can't give universal advice, as each desktop setup is different. In most circumstances it won't matter, you can use any charger and the difference is so small as to not to worry about. So easy way is to simply disconnect the charger, and if it makes no SQ difference you are good to go. If it is significantly different, and you want better performance then use a powerful battery power bank and re-charge the powerbank overnight, and disconnect the powerbank from the mains when using Mojo 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back