Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jun 9, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #4,576 of 10,560
Thanks for these impressions. Looking forward to getting my mojo 2 in a couple of weeks from now.

Whilst I imagine the C9 ought to sound amazing for £1500, I wonder if the NX7 can faithfully amplify the sound of the Mojo 2 without coloration or degrading it's sound quality and technicalities (for a fraction of the price). The measurements would suggest so, but wonder if anyone has any experience of that combination?
The nxt7 can definitely upgrade the sound and will make your chord mojo 2 battery longer. L7 measured it and it produces 3x times the power at 32 Ohm.

Jun 9, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #4,577 of 10,560
Whilst I imagine the C9 ought to sound amazing for £1500, I wonder if the NX7 can faithfully amplify the sound of the Mojo 2 ...
Whilst I appreciate the suggestions of a C9 (or even NX7) outboard amplifiers, I think I would probably prefer to put £1500 towards the right headphones and avoid additional devices to carry and 'battery anxiety'. I take the point about the DCA Aeon Noire ... too difficult to drive for the MOJO 2. Pity, I quite like their foldability,

Jun 9, 2022 at 3:34 AM Post #4,578 of 10,560
Yes. I use my mojo2/poly outside. Works a treat. You’ll need to set poly as a wifi hotspot and connect your iPhone to its wifi network. There’s also something you have to do with and IP address so that your phone can still see 4G signal through the wifi (I stream whilst out and about) but I can’t remember exactly what. When if u struggle post again here or someone else will jump in! Enjoy
Can you stream Amazon music directly or do you have to use AirPlay? Is AirPlay significant lower quality as indicated by HifiHawaii808?

Jun 9, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #4,579 of 10,560
Yes. I use my mojo2/poly outside. Works a treat. You’ll need to set poly as a wifi hotspot and connect your iPhone to its wifi network. There’s also something you have to do with and IP address so that your phone can still see 4G signal through the wifi (I stream whilst out and about) but I can’t remember exactly what. When if u struggle post again here or someone else will jump in! Enjoy

You don’t necessarily need to use the Poly’s hotspot mode, personally I use the share network functionality of my iPhone and then connect the Poly to the iPhone‘s via the network section of GoFigure.
Doing this has several advantages :
- the connection is kept in GoFigure history and it will connect quicker the next times. The Poly should connect automatically to the phone if outside and share mode is on, but sometimes it may not connect, simply disabling / enabling the share functionality on iPhone usually fixes the problem,
- you don’t need other manipulations to connect your phone to the 4G / 5G network as you are still connected to it,
- it allows you to use airplay to the poly but also the sdcard via Rigelian by example.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #4,580 of 10,560
Whilst I appreciate the suggestions of a C9 (or even NX7) outboard amplifiers, I think I would probably prefer to put £1500 towards the right headphones and avoid additional devices to carry and 'battery anxiety'. I take the point about the DCA Aeon Noire ... too difficult to drive for the MOJO 2. Pity, I quite like their foldability,
Meze Liric with Mojo2?

Jun 9, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #4,582 of 10,560
I tend to agree that despite the fantastic design, as portable headphones, the Noire need almost desktop power.

In any case, worth seeking different opinions on this. @Slim1970 is another Noire/Mojo2/C9 user, and perhaps has other suggestions.

Jun 9, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #4,583 of 10,560
So i've received my Mojo 2 today and currently loading it through Micro USB. Still waiting for the desktop mode light to go on.
Ok, so the blue light on the backside says it's fully loaded but the Menu button is still white and not purple to indicate Intelligent Desktop mode. why is that?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #4,584 of 10,560
The Noire is absolutely not too hard to drive from Mojo or Mojo2, both of which I’ve been using for over a year with the Aeon 2 Closed and then the Noire. With modern ock/compressed music you will not need to go over high red (.1 V) or high green for classical (0.5 V) for sane 85 dB listening levels. But you certainly can get to 120 dB for peaks or continuous, and still have at least an additional volt available! I’ve said before, I consider the Noire the perfect companion for Mojo and Mojo 2 (closed, compact, light, comfortable and sounds fantastic).

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #4,585 of 10,560
Currently I am using Sony MDR-1AM2 closed headphones. They are OK, however, I am looking at something a bit better along the lines of DCA Noire or Focal Celestee, both also closed.

If anyone has experience of these two headphones (or other closed types) with the MOJO 2, I would appreciate any comments.

I read/watched an interview recently in which Dan Clark mentioned he uses a DCA Noire with a mojo 2 (trying to find it but my google foo is lacking), He made no indication regarding lack of power and mentioned that the mojo/noire pairing is his preferred travelling companion

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #4,586 of 10,560
So i've received my Mojo 2 today and currently loading it through Micro USB. Still waiting for the desktop mode light to go on.
Ok, so the blue light on the backside says it's fully loaded but the Menu button is still white and not purple to indicate Intelligent Desktop mode. why is that?

The mojo will go into intelligent desktop mode but you'll need to give it time to fully charge (especially on a new unit) as I imagine there is a trickle charge once the battery gets above 85% till it fully charges and it will go into intelligent mode.

Took my unit about 3 hours to fully charge from new.

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #4,587 of 10,560
My advice is to go with very sensitive headphones. I suggest >98 dB

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #4,588 of 10,560
With Schiit Magni 3+ i should go with 57-55 db, Indigo, right? It's very quiet i have to say with my Magni 3+.
Edit: Actually White M Button with 9-7 db Indigo is correct.

Slide13.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #4,590 of 10,560
With Schiit Magni 3+ i should go with 57-55 db, Indigo, right? It's very quiet i have to say with my Magni 3+.

Slide13.jpeg
You need to go to ~2V rms on the output, that's -9 to -7 dB, INDIGO with the M button on white.
But ask yourself if you really need an amp - Mojo 2 can drive most headphones well, and adding an amplifier will reduce transparency and add coloration and distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back