Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jun 8, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #4,561 of 10,883
I recall that to get Poly to work with Mojo 2 that I need to do something. Is it updating the firmware on the Poly? Or updating Go Figure?

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #4,562 of 10,883
I was skeptical at first of the EQ, then I tried it. It was very easy to use and it actually did change the sound.
Crossfeed is also surprisingly well implemented.

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #4,563 of 10,883
I recall that to get Poly to work with Mojo 2 that I need to do something. Is it updating the firmware on the Poly? Or updating Go Figure?
You need to update via GoFigure connecting to your home Wifi rather than a hotspot. That'll then update Poly.

In terms of actual use, I've fiddled around a lot with the different configurations, and it seems to me connecting via Wifi rather than an hotspot is more stable.

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #4,564 of 10,883
Has anyone ever gotten the Poly to use the hotspot on the iPhone for streaming music so I don't have to remain inside while using the Mojo 2/Poly? I can only use Airplay when outside. And wifi inside which is much higher quality.

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #4,565 of 10,883
You need to update via GoFigure connecting to your home Wifi rather than a hotspot. That'll then update Poly.

In terms of actual use, I've fiddled around a lot with the different configurations, and it seems to me connecting via Wifi rather than an hotspot is more stable.
Yeah, wifi is the best. So, I just bought a portable wifi router for travelling. Then, I can connect it to wifi in a hotel room.

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #4,566 of 10,883
Crossfeed is also surprisingly well implemented.
Good to know. The crossfeed implementation on the TT2 is fantastic. So, I am familiar with that feature.

Jun 8, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #4,568 of 10,883
Has anyone ever gotten the Poly to use the hotspot on the iPhone for streaming music so I don't have to remain inside while using the Mojo 2/Poly? I can only use Airplay when outside. And wifi inside which is much higher quality.
Yes. I use my mojo2/poly outside. Works a treat. You’ll need to set poly as a wifi hotspot and connect your iPhone to its wifi network. There’s also something you have to do with and IP address so that your phone can still see 4G signal through the wifi (I stream whilst out and about) but I can’t remember exactly what. When if u struggle post again here or someone else will jump in! Enjoy

Jun 8, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #4,569 of 10,883
Yes. I use my mojo2/poly outside. Works a treat. You’ll need to set poly as a wifi hotspot and connect your iPhone to its wifi network. There’s also something you have to do with and IP address so that your phone can still see 4G signal through the wifi (I stream whilst out and about) but I can’t remember exactly what. When if u struggle post again here or someone else will jump in! Enjoy
Can you stream Amazon music directly or do you have to use AirPlay? Is AirPlay significant lower quality as indicated by HifiHawaii808?

Jun 8, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #4,570 of 10,883
Quite sure it wasn’t intended like this but it would be nice if it worked. Poly and cd transport connected at the same time. Without unplugging it the whole time. Unfortunately only sound from the poly is heard. No lock on digital. Someone tried this before?
8D13D1EA-9885-4B8E-B741-428C61C10B60.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #4,571 of 10,883
So, I’m on board with a MOJO 2 … purchased here in France at a premium price of €599 compared with the UK price of £450 (£375 before UK VAT), … quite a difference even allowing for the exchange rate and import fees from the UK.

I am a new MOJO user, never having owned the original version. Indeed, I’m new to Chord products. I listened to other user experiences and to Rob Watts’ various interesting interactions and presentations, so I was persuaded !

Previously, I had been using various ESS or AKM based mobile devices. Whilst some of them are quite good, the sound never really hit the right ‘chord’ with me. I was looking for something smoother and yet still detailed and more full-bodied … more akin to an analogue sound.

Having now listened to the Mojo 2 for a while, I get what I have been missing … the magic sauce for my elusive sound. I’m hearing albums that I thought I knew well in a different way. I do find it needs a little time to get to optimal performance from cold but the wait is worthwhile. I haven’t tried cross-feed or the UHD-DSP adjustments yet … quite enjoying the stock sound at present.

It serves duty in my office, connected to USB through Audirvana on an iMac. I have yet to try it with my iPhone for portable use when travelling … just need to get a suitable connector/cable. Interestingly, Audirvana reports a 32 bit rate, irrespective of whether the FLAC file is at 16 or 24 bit … I’m just wondering why, out of curiosity.

Currently I am using Sony MDR-1AM2 closed headphones. They are OK, however, I am looking at something a bit better along the lines of DCA Noire or Focal Celestee, both also closed.

If anyone has experience of these two headphones (or other closed types) with the MOJO 2, I would appreciate any comments.

Jun 8, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #4,572 of 10,883
So, I’m on board with a MOJO 2 … purchased here in France at a premium price of €599 compared with the UK price of £450 (£375 before UK VAT), … quite a difference even allowing for the exchange rate and import fees from the UK.

I am a new MOJO user, never having owned the original version. Indeed, I’m new to Chord products. I listened to other user experiences and to Rob Watts’ various interesting interactions and presentations, so I was persuaded !

Previously, I had been using various ESS or AKM based mobile devices. Whilst some of them are quite good, the sound never really hit the right ‘chord’ with me. I was looking for something smoother and yet still detailed and more full-bodied … more akin to an analogue sound.

Having now listened to the Mojo 2 for a while, I get what I have been missing … the magic sauce for my elusive sound. I’m hearing albums that I thought I knew well in a different way. I do find it needs a little time to get to optimal performance from cold but the wait is worthwhile. I haven’t tried cross-feed or the UHD-DSP adjustments yet … quite enjoying the stock sound at present.

It serves duty in my office, connected to USB through Audirvana on an iMac. I have yet to try it with my iPhone for portable use when travelling … just need to get a suitable connector/cable. Interestingly, Audirvana reports a 32 bit rate, irrespective of whether the FLAC file is at 16 or 24 bit … I’m just wondering why, out of curiosity.

Currently I am using Sony MDR-1AM2 closed headphones. They are OK, however, I am looking at something a bit better along the lines of DCA Noire or Focal Celestee, both also closed.

If anyone has experience of these two headphones (or other closed types) with the MOJO 2, I would appreciate any comments.
DCA Noire is an excellent headphone but requires a lot of power. The Mojo2 just about manages it but they sound much better when the Mojo2 is paired with a portable amp such as the Cayin C9.

Jun 8, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #4,573 of 10,883
DCA Noire is an excellent headphone but requires a lot of power. The Mojo2 just about manages it but they sound much better when the Mojo2 is paired with a portable amp such as the Cayin C9.
Thank-you for your comments.

Jun 8, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #4,574 of 10,883

Thanks for these impressions. Looking forward to getting my mojo 2 in a couple of weeks from now.

Whilst I imagine the C9 ought to sound amazing for £1500, I wonder if the NX7 can faithfully amplify the sound of the Mojo 2 without coloration or degrading it's sound quality and technicalities (for a fraction of the price). The measurements would suggest so, but wonder if anyone has any experience of that combination?

Jun 9, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #4,575 of 10,883
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back