Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Oct 29, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #421 of 10,892
I don’t know anything about Poly, never used it… If it’s more than Bluetooth, then I imagine they’d put whatever makes a Poly a Poly inside the Mojo 2.

I can’t imagine Chord dropping a new product that will realistically ship in early 2022 that uses primarily ancient micro USB, just so it can be backwards compatible with an add-on product launched half a decade ago… Especially when the main function of that product is wireless capability, which is something basically all of the Mojo 2’s competitors have internally. It would be a really, really dumb move. If they want it to be competitive, it will be all USB-C and have internal Poly capabilities. When the original Mojo dropped it murdered everything which how much it offered for less. No reason to think the 2 won’t be gunning the same way.
Based on the size of the Mojo 2, I don't think it will have an internal Poly built into it. It has a 4th marble dial. Maybe that's an input or feature selector. I love my Mojo even though I don't listen to it much anymore. Now we have an announcement date at least. Very exciting.

Oct 29, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #422 of 10,892
Based on the size of the Mojo 2, I don't think it will have an internal Poly built into it. It has a 4th marble dial. Maybe that's an input or feature selector. I love my Mojo even though I don't listen to it much anymore. Now we have an announcement date at least. Very exciting.
Agree, my guess is even if they figured out to a way to put Poly inside a Mojo they’d rather keep as a separate device. I’m thinking the extra button is for filters like on Hugo 2.

Oct 29, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #423 of 10,892
Agree, my guess is even if they figured out to a way to put Poly inside a Mojo they’d rather keep as a separate device. I’m thinking the extra button is for filters like on Hugo 2.
I hope it's not for filters because the filters on the Hugo 2 don't do much.

Oct 29, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #425 of 10,892
I hope it's not for filters because the filters on the Hugo 2 don't do much.
I agree. I almost never use them unless I’m listening to a really old recording like Robert Johnson or something.

Oct 30, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #429 of 10,892
All I can tell is that the new device looks like a spider with 4 eyes.

thumb_720_450_Spider_Eyesdreamstime_xl_23505767.jpg

Oct 30, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #432 of 10,892
what is the problem with micro? Is there a specific benefit having usb-c with the new device?
Usb c for me is more praticak and solid. And it is better with smarphones. No otg adapters

Oct 30, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #433 of 10,892
A lot of wishful thinking going on here.
I don't think mojo2 will be something revolutionary.
It's more an incremental upgrade over mojo.
And i personally don't see a problem in micro USB.
USB c have only one advantage in product like mojo - it's more robust tougher connection.
But as I said. Micro USB is going to be there together with USB C.

Oct 30, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #435 of 10,892
In my opinion it is absurd to use micro usb. A standard in fact that is disappearing
If you want to keep poly, you don't have a choice.-. And I'm sure Chord wants to keep poly alive for quite some time. It was designed by external company - these things cost a lot of money. They invested serious cash into a product, now they want that cash back.

But from the other side, it's disappearing from phones (micro usb) , so what ? I don't see a point really.
If you are designing product you don't follow blindly other companies.
Everything has it's purpose you don't put random things in your device because other companies changed something.
It's called engineering

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back