Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 6, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #272 of 10,452
it is interesting
I always thought that there the sound comes straight out of that big FPGA chip then amplified by op amps and output to the 3.5mm outputs
Nope FPGA output would be noisy as hell. If you want to know more about Rob Watts approach to dacs, see my post where I gathered a couple of interviews/seminars with Rob:

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #273 of 10,452
Person on "Chord Mojo 2 speculation thread" is unhappy to hear Chord Mojo 2 speculation.
To be honest It’s one thing to speculate and to bandy around ideas, I think we would all be excited by Chord announcing the release of mojo 2 and are happy to discuss it, but it’s quite another to make a statement stating that “it is officially confirmed” that the mojo has been discontinued as this just creates false expectations.

I have asked my local dealer who is very tight with the local national distributor and he hasn’t heard anything whatsoever either about the mojo being discontinued or about a mojo 2 doing the rounds in Italy.

But frankly, in this game, everything changes in the space of a week anyway 🤪

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #275 of 10,452
To be honest It’s one thing to speculate and to bandy around ideas, I think we would all be excited by Chord announcing the release of mojo 2 and are happy to discuss it, but it’s quite another to make a statement stating that “it is officially confirmed” that the mojo has been discontinued as this just creates false expectations.

I have asked my local dealer who is very tight with the local national distributor and he hasn’t heard anything whatsoever either about the mojo being discontinued or about a mojo 2 doing the rounds in Italy.

But frankly, in this game, everything changes in the space of a week anyway 🤪
They sign NDAs… dealers shouldn’t be confirming anything either way… if a dealer has told you anything in private (because you’re a good customer or regular customer) about a product being discontinuing this is in confidence that you will not go screenshot it and put it on a headphone forum.

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #276 of 10,452
They sign NDAs… dealers shouldn’t be confirming anything either way… if a dealer has told you anything in private (because you’re a good customer or regular customer) about a product being discontinuing this is in confidence that you will not go screenshot it and put it on a headphone forum.
But then how can we speculate?????? 🤣🤣🤣😜

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #278 of 10,452
I would never do that. Just sharing my experience as part of the speculation thread. Time will tell…

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #279 of 10,452
Lack of evidence aside, it makes sense that a new version of the Mojo will be upon us shortly. The Mojo was launched back in 2015, which is a pretty long time in the hifi world, and a veritable age in the personal audio world - just think of the amount of product updates that the likes of iFi, Astell&Kern etc have put out in that same time. The Mojo is probably the most important product in the Chord line-up, and it's getting very much long-in-the tooth. Sure, it changed the game when it was released back in the day, but a product with USB-micro and the (relatively) limited feature-set of the OG Mojo really isn't competitive these days.

Aug 7, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #280 of 10,452
I mean who knows, maybe Chord got frustrated with the perpetual chip shortage and despite a 2nd mojo or updated being super profitable from them just decided to abandon the idea. Unlikely though, but this is the speculation thread.

Aug 8, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #281 of 10,452
I mean who knows, maybe Chord got frustrated with the perpetual chip shortage and despite a 2nd mojo or updated being super profitable from them just decided to abandon the idea. Unlikely though, but this is the speculation thread.
It could well delay the development and introduction of a new model but I cannot believe it would cancel it entirely. The mojo really has put the chord name into the households of hundreds of thousands if I’m correct, this brings good publicity which every company wants.

Aug 8, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #282 of 10,452
Aug 8, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #283 of 10,452
Dealers have been dropping hints to customers, about Mojo 2 being near, for several years.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/post-15163569

Only time will tell, if this latest round of speculation, contains any real substance.
Yep. I remember that when the price dropped by approx 25% and I didn’t buy one thinking I would wait for the mojo 2.

and I waited and waited and waited until the price went back up and no new mojo came out and I ended up buying the original one and paying the full, original price 🤣🤣🤣

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #284 of 10,452
My guess is Chord will make some type of announcement on or before CanJam Socal. Chord will be there and it will be a missed opportunity if they don't have anything to talk about on this issue when there.

Aug 9, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #285 of 10,452
My guess is Chord will make some type of announcement on or before CanJam Socal. Chord will be there and it will be a missed opportunity if they don't have anything to talk about on this issue when there.
Sadly I am not sure Chord or I will be allowed to attend CanJam Socal. Current USA restrictions prohibit UK citizens from visiting the USA - in spite of vaccinated US citizens now being allowed into the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back