Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 5, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #256 of 10,527
I have been advised that the chord mojo has officially been discontinued
Were you informed by Chord? If not, and most unfortunately, you were "officially" misinformed then as John has clearly stated, numerous times, that all official announcements (whether it be about a firmware update; introduction of a new model; or regarding the discontinuation of an existing model and the subsequent post support details) would always be first officially and fully announced through and directly by Chord and not second-hand thru a wholesaler, retailer, and/or other medium so as to avoid misinformation and misunderstanding. He has been pretty adamant about that and his track record thus far has reflected such.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #257 of 10,527
Were you informed by Chord? If not, and most unfortunately, you were "officially" misinformed then as John has clearly stated, numerous times, that all official announcements (whether it be about a firmware update; introduction of a new model; or regarding the discontinuation of an existing model and the subsequent post support details) would always be first officially and fully announced through and directly by Chord and not second-hand thru a wholesaler, retailer, and/or other medium so as to avoid misinformation and misunderstanding. He has been pretty adamant about that and his track record thus far has reflected such.
I went to my dealer to buy a mojo and they told me they don't have any stock and the item has been discontinued by Chord.

Aug 5, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #258 of 10,527
Stating the obvious, but discontinuing the Mojo could just mean they’re preparing to release Mojo 2 or something similar by another name.

Aug 5, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #259 of 10,527
…or regarding the discontinuation of an existing model.
Chord isn’t likely to author a press release, Facebook, or Instagram post confirming the discontinuation of the Mojo. They certainly did not for the Blu Mk II and many other products before it.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #260 of 10,527
I didn't specifically say that social media would be the choice medium of an announcement but rather that it would be "officially and fully announced through and directly by Chord and not second-hand thru a wholesaler, retailer, and/or other medium". If you properly register your product(s) you should receive a notice directly from Chord regarding a discontinuation... I most certainly have and my buddies' DAVE has received a number of update emails from Chord as well. Have you not received such an email regarding your DAVE?

But go right ahead, keep encouraging hearsay and other silly unsubstantiated rumors which I think you perfectly know was the main reason for my post. I simply just don't get why people enjoy misguiding others and/or making them hopeful for no rhyme or reason. I mean it isn't like the founder and owner of Chord hasn't clearly given an official response for the current shortage of Mojos which is due to difficulty in sourcing the required chips. Until Chord says differently why wouldn't we accept that answer? But no, many would rather fully embrace the rumor of a clandestine secret project that will launch with the next James Bond movie...

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #261 of 10,527
I didn't specifically say that social media would be the choice medium of an announcement but rather that it would be "officially and fully announced through and directly by Chord and not second-hand thru a wholesaler, retailer, and/or other medium". If you properly register your product(s) you should receive a notice directly from Chord regarding a discontinuation... I most certainly have and my buddies' DAVE has received a number of update emails from Chord as well. Have you not received such an email regarding your DAVE?

But go right ahead, keep encouraging hearsay and other silly unsubstantiated rumors which I think you perfectly know was the main reason for my post. I simply just don't get why people enjoy misguiding others and/or making them hopeful for no rhyme or reason. I mean it isn't like the founder and owner of Chord hasn't clearly given an official response for the current shortage of Mojos which is due to difficulty in sourcing the required chips. Until Chord says differently why wouldn't we accept that answer? But no, many would rather fully embrace the rumor of a clandestine secret project that will launch with the next James Bond movie...
Chord is not going to talk of a new release until they are sure their retailers have sold through their stock… there is quite a bit of evidence in this thread including an interview with chord in which they say chord will release new mobile products this year.

Aug 6, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #262 of 10,527
Chord is not going to talk of a new release until they are sure their retailers have sold through their stock… there is quite a bit of evidence in this thread including an interview with chord in which they say chord will release new mobile products this year.
Of course, no argument there as I concur... to the point that I highly doubt Chord would announce a discontinuation to retailers.

Regarding the interview, yes but that doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be a Mojo 2 and that the Mojo will be discontinued.

Perhaps I am not communicating well. My point is that unless Chord specifically tells us something why even entertain some of the outlandish hearsay that is posted here?

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #263 of 10,527
My point is that unless Chord specifically tells us something why even entertain some of the outlandish hearsay that is posted here?
Person on "Chord Mojo 2 speculation thread" is unhappy to hear Chord Mojo 2 speculation.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #265 of 10,527
Person on "Chord Mojo 2 speculation thread" is unhappy to hear Chord Mojo 2 speculation.
"Speculation thread"??? Oh my, too funny! I actually had completely missed the ending part of the thread title. The ole gray matter and me old eyes totally failed me there. I thought I was simply in the Chord Mojo thread and wondering why everyone was throwing down rumor gospel like that! As I was... profuse apologies @Another Audiophile, speculate away! :smile:

Aug 6, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #266 of 10,527
Maybe someone knows something similar to mojo?
Also on fgpa with similar price and size?
I tried mojo, in general I left a pleasant impression, now I also want to move in the direction of fpga dacs, but I don’t find anything similar.
Tried some expensive sources with fpga matrix, but they do not withstand any competition with the mojo in terms of price / quality.

Aug 6, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #267 of 10,527
"Speculation thread"??? Oh my, too funny! I actually had completely missed the ending part of the thread title. The ole gray matter and me old eyes totally failed me there. I thought I was simply in the Chord Mojo thread and wondering why everyone was throwing down rumor gospel like that! As I was... profuse apologies @Another Audiophile, speculate away! :smile:
LoL it's all good mate.

Aug 6, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #268 of 10,527
I tried mojo, in general I left a pleasant impression, now I also want to move in the direction of fpga dacs, but I don’t find anything similar.
Tried some expensive sources with fpga matrix, but they do not withstand any competition with the mojo in terms of price / quality.
Lets say that's why Chord DACs are so unique. Because there is nothing like them.

Aug 6, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #269 of 10,527
Too funny

Aug 6, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #270 of 10,527
There are no other dacs like Chord. Yes some use FPGA but in a much different way.
And to be precise Mojo is not a FPGA dac. There is no such thing as FPGA dac. FPGA is used to do all math calculations and the actual DAC (the place where digital becomes analog) is a discrete delta sigma dac.
If you want to go up in the ladder go for Hugo2 or wait for Mojo2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back