Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 1, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #42,481 of 42,765
Quick question, what are all the steps I need to take to make sure my Mojo is authentic/ legit?
If you bought your mojo second hand, email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and tell them the number from the label on the base of the mojo. If your mojo was brand new, then visit the chord electronics website, and use the register my device link/button.

Oct 1, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #42,482 of 42,765
Quick question, what are all the steps I need to take to make sure my Mojo is authentic/ legit?
The quality of construction , and sound quality should be obvious.
Chord stuff are very well made. very difficult and expensive to make a fake one, out of cast Alu.
It also sounds nothing like your phone or laptop.
lastly, on USB with a cheap cable, if you get a sudden burst of white noise, then that's it! genuine ! :relaxed:

Oct 1, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #42,483 of 42,765
The quality of construction , and sound quality should be obvious.
Chord stuff are very well made. very difficult and expensive to make a fake one, out of cast Alu.
It also sounds nothing like your phone or laptop.
lastly, on USB with a cheap cable, if you get a sudden burst of white noise, then that's it! genuine ! :relaxed:
Haha.
Never experienced the white noise issue, even with the usb cable of my Sony Alpha 6400. ^^
Must be a fake then. ^^ :beyersmile:
But sounds sublime, thou.

Oct 8, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #42,484 of 42,765
Hey guys,

im looking for an alternative to the poly for making my mojo bluetooth compatible and using it on the go. The only thing I could find was the xduoo bl05 pro, but sadly it was discontinued and I cant find it anywhere. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #42,485 of 42,765
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #42,487 of 42,765
Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #42,488 of 42,765
So i decided to try the coax input and ordered this adapter based on my understanding (from what i read) that the tip of the 3.5mm end is the signal but it doesn't work. I really thought this was the correct pin out.
Any thoughts?

Edit: Not trying to connect to a DAP, trying to connect to a 'regular/standard' coax output like the one on a CD player or streamer. The FAQ section only refers to Fiio DAPs unfortunately.

Edit 2: The illustration below is what i used to determine the 3.5mm termination type i need at the Mojo end. Could the signal & ground be in reverse on the adapter?

1666053332490.png

Attachments

• 20221017_143200.jpg
    20221017_143200.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #42,489 of 42,765
So i decided to try the coax input and ordered this adapter based on my understanding (from what i read) that the tip of the 3.5mm end is the signal but it doesn't work. I really thought this was the correct pin out.
Any thoughts?

Edit: Not trying to connect to a DAP, trying to connect to a 'regular/standard' coax output like the one on a CD player or streamer. The FAQ section only refers to Fiio DAPs unfortunately.

Edit 2: The illustration below is what i used to determine the 3.5mm termination type i need at the Mojo end. Could the signal & ground be in reverse on the adapter?

1666053332490.png

That is the correct arrangement of the signal and ground for coaxial into the Mojo. I use a straight adapter of otherwise the same general arrangement and it works perfectly.

Do you have another DAC you could try the adapter with ? Ifi Gryphon and Diablo both accept coaxial input and the same adapter should work with them. Just thinking of eliminating variables to track down the cause of your problem.

Have you removed the USB input to the Mojo when connecting the coaxial ? It will prioritise USB if connected.

Oct 20, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #42,490 of 42,765
That is the correct arrangement of the signal and ground for coaxial into the Mojo. I use a straight adapter of otherwise the same general arrangement and it works perfectly.

Do you have another DAC you could try the adapter with ? Ifi Gryphon and Diablo both accept coaxial input and the same adapter should work with them. Just thinking of eliminating variables to track down the cause of your problem.

Have you removed the USB input to the Mojo when connecting the coaxial ? It will prioritise USB if connected.
Thanks for your reply BS5711. I too was convinced this was the correct arrangement based on my research and i'm at a loss why this is not working. No other source is connected to the Mojo, only coaxial. Unfortunately i don't have another device with a 3.5mm coaxial input to verify. Thanks again for offering to help nevertheless!

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #42,491 of 42,765
Thanks for your reply BS5711. I too was convinced this was the correct arrangement based on my research and i'm at a loss why this is not working. No other source is connected to the Mojo, only coaxial. Unfortunately i don't have another device with a 3.5mm coaxial input to verify. Thanks again for offering to help nevertheless!
I have managed to use similar adapters successfully with a normal coax cable into a Mojo 1, so I believe it should work. I've even used a normal 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack *stereo* cable between a source with the same style of coax socket as the mojo (an OG FIIO X3, IIRC). I'll try and verify again this weekend.

Oct 22, 2022 at 4:11 AM Post #42,492 of 42,765
I'm currently "semi-emigrated" in that I'm working in a different country to where I normally live for an indefinite, but long, period of time, with no real plans to go back. What this means is I don't have my usual boxes of cables to hand so I had to improvise a bit, but both these worked perfectly with the Mojo:
with_cable.jpg

Close up of the adapters:
adapters.jpg

Attachments

• with_cable.jpg
    with_cable.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 0
Oct 22, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #42,493 of 42,765
I'm currently "semi-emigrated" in that I'm working in a different country to where I normally live for an indefinite, but long, period of time, with no real plans to go back. What this means is I don't have my usual boxes of cables to hand so I had to improvise a bit, but both these worked perfectly with the Mojo:
with_cable.jpg
Close up of the adapters:
adapters.jpg
Hey, isn’t that a FiiO cable? I’ve used the same one with Mojo too:dt880smile:

Oct 22, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #42,494 of 42,765
I have managed to use similar adapters successfully with a normal coax cable into a Mojo 1, so I believe it should work. I've even used a normal 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack *stereo* cable between a source with the same style of coax socket as the mojo (an OG FIIO X3, IIRC). I'll try and verify again this weekend.

A TRS plug should work just as well as a TS since the ring isn’t used and only the tip and the sleeve are making connections.

So long as the connection on the socket in the device contacts the ground sleeve it will work fine.

I have a short Moon Audio coaxial cable specifically for a Fiio DAP with a TS plug at the other end. For one certain type of plug option they offer, a right angled one I think, Moon use a TRS instead of TS, I assume because a right angled TS was not available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back