Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #42,376 of 42,765
So i'm hypothosising, coax is a more efficient input for the mojo, and maybe thats why i'm saying it sounds better... because it can be more easily handled byu the mojo.
who knows.
Well not exactly.
I believe the USB input chip uses the extra power, with coax, not needed.
Yes it is true, coax lasts longer.

Apr 12, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #42,377 of 42,765
Well not exactly.
I believe the USB input chip uses the extra power, with coax, not needed.
Yes it is true, coax lasts longer.
cool, but i also think it sounds "better"... then of course lots of people now are saying the usb chip on chord products isn't as good perhaps as it could be. i dont know if mojo also has this same chip.

Apr 12, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #42,378 of 42,765
cool, but i also think it sounds "better"... then of course lots of people now are saying the usb chip on chord products isn't as good perhaps as it could be. i dont know if mojo also has this same chip.
I do know it is the same chip on Mojo classic, Mojo2 and Hugo2.
The flakiness is only when there is a packet loss, and it goes into full white noise mode!
Otherwise, if the DAP side is not noisy, USB has the best sound in my opinion.
Only optical can better it, because it is fully isolated, and RW has implemented a system so that its digital input is as good as USB, without the electrical connection.
On paper and digitally speaking, USB is king.

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #42,379 of 42,765
The power is fed by regulators as opposed to directly from the battery. So the reason we now have a "desktop" mode is because the battery can charge and once full it automatically stops involving the battery and runs off pure USB power. The regulators prevent noise from high frequency DC and also many other other types of interference from what I can gather.

Chord have really done a fantastic job on this small dacamp and with my finding out that my high frequency hearing in my left ear is (temporarily or maybe forever) ****ed beyond 4k I can engage a nice EQ to bring the "buzzing trigger" frequencies down as well as engage the crossfeed for a nice sound.

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #42,380 of 42,765
people with electric cars talk about range anxiety, but i find mojo on coax solves this problem lol

Apr 23, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #42,382 of 42,765
When i used my samsung s7+ tablet with usb audio player pro and qobuz,the noise/disstortion i had dissepeared.No problem with that now.I had problem with that on my note 10+ phone.But maybe i should try the Uapp on that to 😊

I also had to use the Uapp app to play hirez from qobuz to mojo from the tab with usb-c cable.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #42,385 of 42,765
I want to know the exact weight in grams of the Chord Mojo 1 with the original battery without reading specs. Thank you.
nope i don't know the weight, go read the first post

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #42,388 of 42,765
I want to know the exact weight in grams of the Chord Mojo 1 with the original battery without reading specs. Thank you.

Update - leaving no doubt

20220429.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #42,390 of 42,765
Thank you. I replaced the battery at a local shop and my Mojo is 170 grams. Battery lasts for 7.5 hours.
My mistake is that I didn't checked the weight before replacing the battery. They said the battery is sourced from Chord, but also the price was 30 euro, way lower than I expected.. so... I don't know what I got. Not going to open it to check out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back