Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 14, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #42,166 of 42,765
Chord DACs don’t have the typical amp sections that other DACs have. The voltage that comes off the pulse array dac is sent to a simple opamp and then sent out. That’s why they excel at transparency.
It is:
1642169223321.jpeg

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #42,168 of 42,765
IMG20220114083549.jpg
Morning mojo hehehehe couldn't help it

Can't stop loving the mix of the xduoo bl05 and the mojo. It's my new traveling rig :)
Nice, I did the same thing when I had my unit. The bluetooth range on the 05BL Pro is bad though. If you don't have any issues then that's fine but if you do, the Topping BC3 is a nice alternative, even better would be the HiBy R2.

Jan 17, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #42,169 of 42,765
After many years of reliable service, I think my Mojo and or Poly might be ready to quit on me. I attempted to use the Mojo Poly last night to listen to the most recent Bob Dylan Bootleg series using Roon. I booted up the Mojo Poly and launched Gofigure on my iPhone. However, after a few minutes (usually takes just a few seconds), Gofigure could't find the Poly. I then did a couple other attempts, even wiping and reinstalling Gofigure. On the Poly, the M light was solid, but the P light was either out or flashing orange.

I then separated the two units and tried (for the first time in a while) to plug in a USB cable from my MacBook Pro to the Mojo. The Mac was unable to find the Mojo- that is why I am also suspecting the Mojo. I tried this with a few USB cables just in case the cable may be faulty. I don't have an Apple CCK cable to test iPhone to Mojo, but will try to do so in the next few days.

I charged both units overnight to rule out low powered batteries. This morning the Poly continued to be out with the P light out or flashing orange.

Any thoughts? BTW- I sent the same to Chord for their gudiance.

Jan 17, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #42,170 of 42,765
After many years of reliable service, I think my Mojo and or Poly might be ready to quit on me. I attempted to use the Mojo Poly last night to listen to the most recent Bob Dylan Bootleg series using Roon. I booted up the Mojo Poly and launched Gofigure on my iPhone. However, after a few minutes (usually takes just a few seconds), Gofigure could't find the Poly. I then did a couple other attempts, even wiping and reinstalling Gofigure. On the Poly, the M light was solid, but the P light was either out or flashing orange.

I then separated the two units and tried (for the first time in a while) to plug in a USB cable from my MacBook Pro to the Mojo. The Mac was unable to find the Mojo- that is why I am also suspecting the Mojo. I tried this with a few USB cables just in case the cable may be faulty. I don't have an Apple CCK cable to test iPhone to Mojo, but will try to do so in the next few days.

I charged both units overnight to rule out low powered batteries. This morning the Poly continued to be out with the P light out or flashing orange.

are you able to try connecting to your mojo using coax or optical? depending on your mac model, it may have a dual functioning headphone & (mini?) toslink jack for optical out

sounds like a usb port issue that i’ve seen others report in this thread, and those have been resolved/repaired by chord

Jan 17, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #42,171 of 42,765

David, sorry to hear that. It does sound like the Mojo input, so good advice on trying SPIDF. Or, Mojo could be telling you you need Mojo2 in 2 weeks!

Jan 17, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #42,172 of 42,765
Fully agree with the early indicators pointing to a Mojo2, but it could be a long two weeks (hello Apple lightning...)

I haven't used the coax or optical with the Mojo. What is the cable (coax or optical to USB-C??). I wasn't able find any based on a quick search, but I'm willing to try it to identify the source of the problem. I have an optical to 3.5 mm stereo cable, but I don't think that would be of much use in this situation.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #42,173 of 42,765
Fully agree with the early indicators pointing to a Mojo2, but it could be a long two weeks (hello Apple lighting...)

I haven't used the coax or optical with the Mojo. What is the cable (coax or optical to USB-C??). I wasn't able find any based on a quick search, but I'm willing to try it to identify the source of the problem. I have an optical to 3.5 mm stereo cable, but I don't think that would be of much use in this situation.
If you have an old CD player, it may have optical out. Otherwise, there are cheap USB to optical converters.

Jan 17, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #42,178 of 42,765
I am - it looks like it is for computer connections only unless it does double duty.

Jan 17, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #42,179 of 42,765
Mmmm it does look the same form factor, just the new button and usb C for data, I’m hoping that they changed the battery, its impossible to get a replacement here in Mexico (even through aliexpresss)

Hope the specs get leaked as well to know if i should save cash for this or move on

Jan 17, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #42,180 of 42,765
Fully agree with the early indicators pointing to a Mojo2, but it could be a long two weeks (hello Apple lighting...)

here is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm coax cable that i use with my iBasso DX90 and mojo: 3.5mm coax cable

here's an example of (MBP) toslink mini to toslink (mojo) optical cable that will work with most 2016 or older MacBook pro models: optical cable

and for most PC motherboards, you would use a toslink -> toslink cable like this: optical cable 2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back