Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 17, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #41,103 of 42,765
I still don't understand if Mojo is able to play MQA from Tidal, when I listen to MQA files through UAPP the light stays red like normal 16/44 flacs. Is this normal?
No Chord DAC decodes MQA.
the licence is expensive, and its benefits are disputed.
your player outputs to Mojo at 16/44.1 , after decoding MQA by software.

Feb 18, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #41,106 of 42,765
Being on my third ownership I think the Mojo might be my favourite DAC of all time. I do think it, like the Hugo, needs the help of a good source to show what it can do but l digress, it's best that everyone finds their own references with personal experience in that regard.

I sold my ADI-2 DAC a few weeks ago due to not having wanted to use it once since I got the Mojo setup sorted out with the DigiOne. There should be consequences when adding warmth to the sound but somehow I don't think we pay for the thick timbre of the Mojo and I wouldn't want to be without it. Rob tuned the filtering masterfully and overall the Chord filtering methods seems to work best for my ears.

This setup cost me $400 all in all used and I feel content with no obvious place to go from here without multiplying the cost many times over.

Most importantly, and I don't really see the need to dissect the reason - once the music starts playing it grabs my attention. Fully. Some gear makes me a fiddly and impatient listener while the Mojo seems to make me sit back, close my eyes and listen to albums from start to finish. The way it should be.

F374XaT.jpg

Feb 18, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #41,107 of 42,765
Being on my third ownership I think the Mojo might be my favourite DAC of all time. I do think it, like the Hugo, needs the help of a good source to show what it can do but l digress, it's best that everyone finds their own references with personal experience in that regard.

I sold my ADI-2 DAC a few weeks ago due to not having wanted to use it once since I got the Mojo setup sorted out with the DigiOne. There should be consequences when adding warmth to the sound but somehow I don't think we pay for the thick timbre of the Mojo and I wouldn't want to be without it. Rob tuned the filtering masterfully and overall the Chord filtering methods seems to work best for my ears.

This setup cost me $400 all in all used and I feel content with no obvious place to go from here without multiplying the cost many times over.

Most importantly, and I don't really see the need to dissect the reason - once the music starts playing it grabs my attention. Fully. Some gear makes me a fiddly and impatient listener while the Mojo seems to make me sit back, close my eyes and listen to albums from start to finish. The way it should be.

F374XaT.jpg

If that's the DigiOne Signature then pair it with Allo's Shanti LPS and you'll hear it step up another notch.

Feb 18, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #41,108 of 42,765
Most importantly, and I ........ Some gear makes me a fiddly and impatient listener while the Mojo seems to make me sit back, close my eyes and listen to albums from start to finish. The way it should be.
Well said.

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #41,109 of 42,765
In my case, If I try to push the two buttons during the charge, it will not go into the level out mode and also it won’t do the boot sequence.

If I remember well in the past I didn’t have this behavior.
I'm glad I found this post, because I had the same issue. Once I disconnected the cable that was doing the charging, I was able to engage Line Level exactly as expected. Thank you!

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #41,112 of 42,765
Just got one of these. €389 with free delivery from Richer Sounds Belfast. Should be here in a week and I can't wait. Finally in a better financial position where I can start getting into the major-league audiophile stuff like this.
Arrived today! Could anyone give me any pointers on setting it up to work with UAPP on my Pioneer XDP-300R? Connected via a micro-USB cable but it's not outputting any sound. Thanks!

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #41,113 of 42,765
I still don't understand if Mojo is able to play MQA from Tidal, when I listen to MQA files through UAPP the light stays red like normal 16/44 flacs. Is this normal?
Tidal player unfolds the MQA packets before sending it to Mojo

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #41,114 of 42,765
Arrived today! Could anyone give me any pointers on setting it up to work with UAPP on my Pioneer XDP-300R? Connected via a micro-USB cable but it's not outputting any sound. Thanks!
I have no experience of the Pioneer, but having looked at a couple of reviews, I believe you need a USB - OTG cable (as when using an Android phone) rather than a standard micro USB cable

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #41,115 of 42,765
I have no experience of the Pioneer, but having looked at a couple of reviews, I believe you need a USB - OTG cable (as when using an Android phone) rather than a standard micro USB cable
Micro-A to Micro-B with one end connected to the DAP and the other connected to the Mojo, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back