Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 5, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #40,531 of 42,788
Nope you only plug the cable. And boom it's all

Thanks! I'll get a similar cable to try it out.

Although the Hiby music app is very useful, I find on the R5 that the USB Audio Pro app delivers noticeably higher audio quality with either native device playback or external streaming.

USB Audio Pro app = UAPP?

Sep 5, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #40,532 of 42,788
Sep 6, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #40,533 of 42,788
Could anyone recommend an USB-C to micro USB cable that I can use to connect my Samsung Galaxy S10+ to Mojo and use Mojo as an USB DAC? Thanks in advance!

Sep 6, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #40,534 of 42,788
Sep 8, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #40,540 of 42,788
Ah and it made the Xs sing?
Note it was XC not X.
It was ok, not perfect but definitely good experience - I liked this combination for acoustic music very much !

XC has a bit edgy harsh treble which Mojo helps to tamed down a bit.
XC as it's closed headphone can sound congested at times, sound stage is not particularity wide.
Mojo has similar sound signature ,a bit closed not wide, so sometimes combination of both lacked openness, air - it wasn't a perfect match.
But with a LCD X since they are open it could be a different story.
I tried a LCD X many times and for me they were better than XC - but never heard LCD X out of the Mojo.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #40,541 of 42,788
Note it was XC not X.
It was ok, not perfect but definitely good experience - I liked this combination for acoustic music very much !

XC has a bit edgy harsh treble which Mojo helps to tamed down a bit.
XC as it's closed headphone can sound congested at times, sound stage is not particularity wide.
Mojo has similar sound signature ,a bit closed not wide, so sometimes combination of both lacked openness, air - it wasn't a perfect match.
But with a LCD X since they are opened it could be a different story.
I tried a LCD X many times and for me they were better than XC - but never heard LCD X out of the Mojo.

I'll find out soon enough. But of course I don't see myself wearing the X outside anyway.
Hmm how would you describe the sound of the mojo apart from having a slightly closed-in signature?

Sep 8, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #40,543 of 42,788
Anyone here got experience with driving the LCD-X ( or other ( audeze ) planars ) through the mojo?
I know it's probably not ideal just wondering

Been using the Mojo with my LCD-X for over two years now. It’s a great combo that you can listen to for hours on end as it’s never fatiguing. LCD-X is relatively easy to drive, and Mojo has plenty of power, so bass slam and extension are also excellent.

Sep 9, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #40,544 of 42,788
I'll find out soon enough. But of course I don't see myself wearing the X outside anyway.
Hmm how would you describe the sound of the mojo apart from having a slightly closed-in signature?
As I said compared to other Chord dacs a Mojo is a bit "closed" sounding.
Mojo energy focuses on mid/high bass and mids. It's not like it's bumped or something but thats the frequencies that Mojo focuses and let's say builds its presentation on.
Highs are just slightly but only slightly rolled off (I really didn't want to say rolled off - but definitely not extended as other Chord dacs)
The strongest point of the Mojo for me is mids/vocals region reminds me Chord Hugo TT (1st) in this regard.

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #40,545 of 42,788
Anyone here got experience with driving the LCD-X ( or other ( audeze ) planars ) through the mojo?
I know it's probably not ideal just wondering

I’m using the Audeze EL-8 closed back with my Mojo. Getting decent volume between the green and blue level. As one might expect it’s rather closed sounding but closed backs are a necessity when one is listening in public spaces where I tend to use this combo,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back