Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 1, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #39,271 of 42,765
If you have GoFigure working, and the Poly working, you can check and post what version of the Poly firmware is installed. That contextual info can help anyone here who tries to suggest any solutions for you.

Oct 1, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #39,272 of 42,765
I don't care about a cheaper Mojo. I am only interested in a Mojo 2 that sounds correct.

I'm only tolerating the strange tonal balance of the Mojo because my Hugo 2 isn't portable and it is older technology. But it is time Chord aligns the Mojo to the Hugo 2 at least with an update.

I know a lot of people like how the Mojo sounds, but according to my ears it doesn't sound neutral to me.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #39,273 of 42,765
I don't care about a cheaper Mojo. I am only interested in a Mojo 2 that sounds correct.

I'm only tolerating the strange tonal balance of the Mojo because my Hugo 2 isn't portable and it is older technology. But it is time Chord aligns the Mojo to the Hugo 2 at least with an update.

I know a lot of people like how the Mojo sounds, but according to my ears it doesn't sound neutral to me.
Definitely not neutral. A little warm, I believe. Wasn't that the point?

Oct 1, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #39,274 of 42,765

Oh jeez no! I love Mojo, as I do TT2. I would never trade its sound for Hugo2, which I tried and wasn’t for me. I don’t find it overly warm are rolled off at all.

Oct 2, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #39,277 of 42,765
Somehow I think it’s more tonality than frequency response, but not sure what would cause one effect vs another (or if they may be the Sam thing).

I'm not sure either, it measures flat but it definitely doesn't sound it. @JaZZ recently described the tonality perfectly and drew small graph of how it sounds. Rolled off sub, mid bass hump and rolled off high.

Oct 2, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #39,279 of 42,765
If you have GoFigure working, and the Poly working, you can check and post what version of the Poly firmware is installed. That contextual info can help anyone here who tries to suggest any solutions for you.

Thank you, I am happy that I seem to be mastering it, I must admit, it was a bit daunting but, in the end, seemed to go well.

MgrjRoAl.jpg

Oct 2, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #39,280 of 42,765
I bought a Mojo on Saturday for just under 300 quid, it sounds fabulous. With my ears, I probably wouldn't be able to tell if there is any difference after a burn in period as discussed earlier in the thread. I received some Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro headphones about an hour ago, this pairing is better than my old Sennheiser ie 8 which I bought about 8 years ago. It has been a long time since I have had a headphone system, I get a Chord Poly delivered tomorrow, in the blink of an eye I have spent the best part of 1300 quid, goodness me, good job the chord stuff looks small, the missus thinks that they wouldn't cost more than 50 quid, if she does, I will just turn the volume up and give her a smile.

Your plans for concealment have me in stiches

PS hide your credit card bill/bank statement as that ringing will not be a Timpani Drums in the back row of the orchestra but you head and a wooden spoon making connection

:ksc75smile:

Oct 2, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #39,281 of 42,765
Just got a mojo and was going to use it with the iPhone XR, however for ease another possibility would be to buy a sim free phone to use as a music only player.

would this be a decent transport for the mojo?
I will be using amazon hd and Qobuz apps, downloading offline music into the sim free phone.

Oct 2, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #39,282 of 42,765
Just got a mojo and was going to use it with the iPhone XR, however for ease another possibility would be to buy a sim free phone to use as a music only player.

I will be using amazon hd and Qobuz apps, downloading offline music into the sim free phone.

Just bear in mind that if it's an Android phone, you won't get bit-perfect into the Mojo. Android still annoyingly upscales the sample rate (iphone doesn't). There's the UAPP option, but that won't let you do offline.

Oct 2, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #39,283 of 42,765

I use a used iPhone 7 256gb that I got on eBay. Definitely great transport for just about any portable DAC, as it outputs bit perfect through the lightning cable for Qobuz, and Tidal. Amazon isn't, but that is the apps problem right now.

Oct 2, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #39,284 of 42,765
I use a used iPhone 7 256gb that I got on eBay. Definitely great transport for just about any portable DAC, as it outputs bit perfect through the lightning cable for Qobuz, and Tidal. Amazon isn't, but that is the apps problem right now.

That's a good idea, thanks. I mean, another device to carry around and charge, but not a big deal to me.

Oct 2, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #39,285 of 42,765
That's a good idea, thanks. I mean, another device to carry around and charge, but not a big deal to me.

Check out also xduoo xt10 II, we wrote about It earlier on.. It costs less than a smartphone and It Is a "clean" source that can be fed also via BT and controlled (HiBy music).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back