Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 5, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #38,101 of 42,765
What do y'all think of this statement about the Mojo I found online? Would like to hear your guys thoughts how you feel about the cymbals

''Cymbals don’t quite “splash” quite right, though the initial impact is right on the money. Perhaps more steel than brass than is realistic.''

Well whats the reviewer comparing it to?

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #38,103 of 42,765
He's comparing it to the Geek Out V2+ Infinity

Im listening to HD660 right now straight from Mojo, cymbals sound quite natural to me, very refined. They sound better on Qutest of course but big price difference. They dont shimmer quite like the sabre dacs ive heard using 9018 or 9038 but it sounds more artificial to me though. No idea what the geek v2+ uses.

Feb 5, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #38,104 of 42,765
Im listening to HD660 right now straight from Mojo, cymbals sound quite natural to me, very refined. They sound better on Qutest of course but big price difference. They dont shimmer quite like the sabre dacs ive heard using 9018 or 9038 but it sounds more artificial to me though. No idea what the geek v2+ uses.
Do you also get that the vocals are not as forward/full bodied as other amps you tried?

Feb 6, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #38,106 of 42,765
I don’t have a windows machine but it looks like chord offers drivers for windows. Did you download the latest driver for your OS?
http://chordmojo.com/support/#driver

I did download the windows 10 driver from that same page. Would love to know if any other windows users are having the same issues.

Downloaded Qobuz pc app and Mojo Windows 10 driver to my sons Dell and Mojo played 192 files perfectly without any static clicks/pops. After comparing settings between his PC and mine and finding everything identical, we finally realized that I had downloaded the Mojo driver onto his PC from https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/mojo rather than the link quoted above. Once I deleted my Mojo drivers and reinstalled them from this link the static clicks/pops disappeared. The Mojo driver from both websites appears to be the same version, so I’m not sure what the differences are if any, but this seems to have fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #38,108 of 42,765
What other amps have you paired your HD660S with if I may ask?

Also, do you still have an HD6xx/650 in your possesion?

Many amps ranging from cheap to very expensive but ive never had a big problem with vocals being recessed on any amps/dacs the 660 and 650 were connected to. 600 line have some of the most forward vocals ive heard from headphones.

No longer own 650 because the 660 is so much better imo!

Feb 6, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #38,109 of 42,765
For the guys that are using the Mojo on Windows with the mixer; try setting it on 32 bits (and ofcourse the sample rate of the file you're playing), it gives a bit more definition and refinement to instruments as compared to the 16 or 24 bit, making it sound closer to the ASIO plugin.

You also won't notice a duller sound when you change volume from the browser, like on the 16 bit setting.

Feb 6, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #38,110 of 42,765
Has anyone been able to accurately differentiate between Mojo and M0 during an A/B?

For some reason M0 sounds very close to Mojo apart from tonality but ever so slightly

I hope I’m doing something wrong

Feb 6, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #38,111 of 42,765

Yes you are, quick AB doesnt work.

Spend 2-3 weeks with Mojo only and then use M0 again the same way. If you really like Mojo after that time you will start to miss it during your time with M0. (example) Youll find youself thinking the depth isnt as good, not as detailed, not as refined, getting tired quicker etc

Obviously thats just an idea, i dont know how youll hear things personally and what conclusion you will come to in the end. Sit back enjoy the Mojo for a few weeks and try not to analyze it, it will come to you naturally when you switch back to M0.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #38,112 of 42,765
Has anyone been able to accurately differentiate between Mojo and M0 during an A/B?
For some reason M0 sounds very close to Mojo apart from tonality but ever so slightly
You're not the only one. They're quite remarkably close, Mojo has a bit more definition and depth in sound-stage (noticeable only during critical listening). For portable on the go use, I have no qualms picking M0 over the Mojo.

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #38,113 of 42,765
You're not the only one. They're quite remarkably close, Mojo has a bit more definition and depth in sound-stage (noticeable only during critical listening). For portable on the go use, I have no qualms picking M0 over the Mojo.

i concur with the part abt on the go use;

was very impressed with the quality of BT connected with my iphone x

absolutely can't discern between wired and wired connection (hope my hearing is fine..)

Feb 7, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #38,114 of 42,765
I got a Mojo recently and have connected it to my Galaxy Note 9 phone. The Mojo isn't recognised. I'm using USB Audio Player Pro. When I play a track the sound comes from the phone speakers. The Mojo sample light is not on.

I have a micro B to A cable connected to the Mojo. The A Male connector is connected to an OTG cable with USB C connection to the phone. That should work shouldn't it? I'd be grateful for any help on this as I can't see why its not working.

Feb 7, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #38,115 of 42,765
I got a Mojo recently and have connected it to my Galaxy Note 9 phone. The Mojo isn't recognised. I'm using USB Audio Player Pro. When I play a track the sound comes from the phone speakers. The Mojo sample light is not on.

I have a micro B to A cable connected to the Mojo. The A Male connector is connected to an OTG cable with USB C connection to the phone. That should work shouldn't it? I'd be grateful for any help on this as I can't see why its not working.

Is it set on UAPP to play through internal speaker in the settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back