Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 10, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #37,082 of 42,765
Has the battery improved in the later batches of Mojo?

I saw lots of people on the forums with dead Mojos in a little over a year, so I'm a bit worried about its lifespan.

Is there anyone here who actually manages to keep the Mojo alive for at least more than 2 Years?

I'm interested in buying one for myself, but if the battery is really that bad then I won't bother. Don't really want to pay a premium for something that could becomea paper weight in just a little over a year:frowning2:

Aug 10, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #37,083 of 42,765

I saw lots of people on the forums with dead Mojos in a little over a year, so I'm a bit worried about its lifespan.

Is there anyone here who actually manages to keep the Mojo alive for at least more than 2 Years?

I'm interested in buying one for myself, but if the battery is really that bad then I won't bother. Don't really want to pay a premium for something that could becomea paper weight in just a little over a year:frowning2:
I think that you will find that those batteries which only lasted just over a year were left plugged into the mains permanently which is not what it is designed for.

Aug 10, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #37,084 of 42,765
I think that you will find that those batteries which only lasted just over a year were left plugged into the mains permanently which is not what it is designed for.

Supposedly it was OK to leave plugged in as long as it's switched off when not in use:

It was designed to run this way. If you want to maximize battery life, then turn Mojo off when not using it, with the charger connected permanently and it will be fine as the charger will disconnect automatically, and re-charge automatically when the battery voltage drops.

Rob

Nonetheless I'm one of the people who left it plugged in and wound up with a very poor battery.

Aug 10, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #37,085 of 42,765

I got my Mojo March 2016 and the battery is nearly as good as I first got it.

Aug 10, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #37,086 of 42,765
Supposedly it was OK to leave plugged in as long as it's switched off when not in use:

Nonetheless I'm one of the people who left it plugged in and wound up with a very poor battery.
I think that you will find that lithium polymer and lithium ion batteries are not designed to be left trickle charging. And of course the mojo is designed as a portable item unlike the Hugo.

Aug 10, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #37,087 of 42,765

I saw lots of people on the forums with dead Mojos in a little over a year, so I'm a bit worried ...

My Mojo is AC plugged since December 2015 95% of time.
No issue until now.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #37,090 of 42,765
My Mojo is AC plugged since December 2015 95% of time.
No issue until now.

Are you using Mojo in an A/C room by any chance?

I don't have an A/C and I live in a tropical country, so the Mojo could be dying faster due to the heat since it already can get very hot by itself.

Aug 11, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #37,091 of 42,765
No A/C in room. I am living in a place where it is cold in winter and very warm in summer.
Mojo is switched On around 6 hours per day and is kept AC permanently powered.
Rarely, I am using it in a mobile usage (without AC).
Well it is my Mojo.

The day the cells die I will just replace them myself like any battery powered device.

Aug 11, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #37,092 of 42,765
Hmmm... I see.

Maybe the device is just so popular that there are bound to be more complaints about faulty units compared to other similar devices.
It probably works great for most people who just never voice their opinion because there is nothing to complain about, I reckon.

I'm worried because I'm planning to buy the Mojo when I'm going abroard because it's a lot cheaper than in my country(like 300$ cheaper).
However, I will receive no support from local stores if the Mojo happens to be broken at some point, so I'll have to deal with the issues myself.

Does anyone know if I can contact Chord directly to have the Mojo fixed and/or replacing the battery?
How much would it cost me and how long would it take to ship out Mojo for repairs if I live in Eastern region?

Does anybody has experience on this matter?

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #37,093 of 42,765
Does anyone know if I can contact Chord directly to have the Mojo fixed and/or replacing the battery?... How much would it cost me and how long would it take to ship out Mojo for repairs if I live in Eastern region?... Does anybody has experience on this matter?

I have a bit of experience... you can contact Chord Support in a couple of ways, by direct email: info@chordelectronics.co.uk or via the Website: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/contact-us/

Repairs take 2-3weeks depending where in the World you are (you have to take in Courier times)... unfortunately I do not deal with cost as I don't work for Chord.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #37,094 of 42,765
I have a bit of experience... you can contact Chord Support in a couple of ways, by direct email: info@chordelectronics.co.uk or via the Website: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/contact-us/

Repairs take 2-3weeks depending where in the World you are (you have to take in Courier times)... unfortunately I do not deal with cost as I don't work for Chord.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, that's very helpful.

At least now I know that I won't be left in the cold if the Mojo broke.

However, It would be nice if I also get a rough idea of the costs.

Is there anyone here who lives in the eastern region and have had to reach out to Chord personally to fix the Mojo?

Would keeping the receipt from the country I purchased the Mojo in help in anyway at all?

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #37,095 of 42,765
Thank you, that's very helpful.

At least now I know that I won't be left in the cold if the Mojo broke.

However, It would be nice if I also get a rough idea of the costs.

Is there anyone here who lives in the eastern region and have had to reach out to Chord personally to fix the Mojo?

Would keeping the receipt from the country I purchased the Mojo in help in anyway at all?
Keeping the receipt is good practice, whatever you buy.
You will have to register your Mojo on the Chord website https://chordelectronics.co.uk/get-support/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back