Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 3, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #36,603 of 42,765
I recently bought the Zees cable to use with my iPhone/Mojo. Works great. So pleased to get rid of the CCK! If a future update bums the Zees I will be ditching Apple as a transport. Sick to death of cable issues!

Jun 3, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #36,604 of 42,765
I think that you will find that even on an android based phone you will need to buy an OTG (on the go) cable and if you check the android forums they have connection problems too. Since I have had my Mojo I have used the CCK adapter and have had no issues. I also purchased an Amazon basics optical cable which I connect to my tv and then the Mojo so as I can watch films late in the evening, although a cheap optical cable it connects fine and the sound is surprisingly good from the tv.

Jun 4, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #36,605 of 42,765
The mojo I use it with the smartphone with excellent results but, coming out in optics from my wd tv live and entering mojo then coming out of the mojo with coax cable to "Y" to the sinon amplifier that I have the results are very disappointing and I did not understand because.

Jun 4, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #36,607 of 42,765
Does a good optical (toslink) cable will make any difference to the sound quality? Let's say up to 100 euro. Btw there are plenty of optical cables on Amazon to choose from for example but they are all cheap... what would be the right choice (price wise) to use with a Mojo?

Jun 4, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #36,608 of 42,765
The mojo I use it with the smartphone with excellent results but, coming out in optics from my wd tv live and entering mojo then coming out of the mojo with coax cable to "Y" to the sinon amplifier that I have the results are very disappointing and I did not understand because.

Did you try using the smartphone as source and connecting to the amplifier via Y cable?
How is the sound with that?

I connect the Mojo via a simple 3,5mm - chinch adapter and some DIY interconnects to my Karan Acoustics KA180i and the sound is really great.
IMG_7472.jpg

Jun 4, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #36,610 of 42,765
Does a good optical (toslink) cable will make any difference to the sound quality? Let's say up to 100 euro. Btw there are plenty of optical cables on Amazon to choose from for example but they are all cheap... what would be the right choice (price wise) to use with a Mojo?

Personally I don't think it makes a huge difference with optical , I have the mojo pack optical included, a cheap £10 one from amazon and one I paid a bit more for and they all work great .

Jun 4, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #36,611 of 42,765
Did you try using the smartphone as source and connecting to the amplifier via Y cable?
How is the sound with that?

I connect the Mojo via a simple 3,5mm - chinch adapter and some DIY interconnects to my Karan Acoustics KA180i and the sound is really great.
for the line out, attach the coaxial cable to which of the 2 headphones output? Does it make a difference?

Jun 4, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #36,612 of 42,765
I think that you will find that even on an android based phone you will need to buy an OTG (on the go) cable and if you check the android forums they have connection problems too. Since I have had my Mojo I have used the CCK adapter and have had no issues. I also purchased an Amazon basics optical cable which I connect to my tv and then the Mojo so as I can watch films late in the evening, although a cheap optical cable it connects fine and the sound is surprisingly good from the tv.
That's not good! I realise that obviously a cable would be needed but I was hoping to escape from the problems caused by Mojo being non Apple compliant. I was thinking of possibly getting the Shanling M0...

Jun 4, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #36,614 of 42,765
Yes using a dap then that makes the cable choice some what easier.

...and with the Shanling, Cayin and HiBy DAPs you can use the HiBy App to control your DAP.
But that also has some small issues with regards to bluetooth connection, and the HiBy OS is not as good as iTunes in terms of sorting and shuffling possibilities.
Compared to the iPhone the big advantage from my point of view is the microSD support

Jun 4, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #36,615 of 42,765
for the line out, attach the coaxial cable to which of the 2 headphones output? Does it make a difference?

Both outputs are identical, in fact there's only 1 amplifier circuit in the Mojo, just with 2 outputs instead of one.
That works because the amp circuit has such a low impedance and high current capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back