Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 7, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #34,322 of 42,765
just an update i just fully charged my mojo(not sure how long, fell asleep ;d). lasted 6-7 hrs desktop use so i guess it means im good.

just a question, im tried playing a music using foobar desktop. and for some reason the 44khz color is the one showing. and if im not mistaken ive alrdy installed the drivers manually from the site itself or is there something that i shld do/check to make sure? or the usb cable might be causing this?

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #34,323 of 42,765
just an update i just fully charged my mojo(not sure how long, fell asleep ;d). lasted 6-7 hrs desktop use so i guess it means im good.

just a question, im tried playing a music using foobar desktop. and for some reason the 44khz color is the one showing. and if im not mistaken ive alrdy installed the drivers manually from the site itself or is there something that i shld do/check to make sure? or the usb cable might be causing this?
Yea, you need to turn on ASIO output to Mojo in Foobar's settings, Output section. Chande Direct Sound to ASIO

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #34,324 of 42,765
Experiencing my first problem with my mojo and looking for advice...

The power button (ball) won't physically depress and I can't turn the unit on (or off) any longer. The springiness and soft clicking of the power ball is completely gone and it just spins. Is there any easy fix to this or am I looking at a warranty claim?

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #34,325 of 42,765
Experiencing my first problem with my mojo and looking for advice...

The power button (ball) won't physically depress and I can't turn the unit on (or off) any longer. The springiness and soft clicking of the power ball is completely gone and it just spins. Is there any easy fix to this or am I looking at a warranty claim?
This is the first time that I have heard of this problem, so you are probably looking at a return via your dealer. Maybe @Matt Bartlett can confirm whether this would be the best way forward.

Nov 8, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #34,327 of 42,765
upload_2017-11-8_22-36-6.png

upload_2017-11-8_22-37-15.png

tried setting it on asio(push and event), still no change on sample rate indicator on my mojo(red) but whenever i try to play a game. the indicator changes to blue.

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #34,328 of 42,765
tried setting it on asio(push and event), still no change on sample rate indicator on my mojo(red) but whenever i try to play a game. the indicator changes to blue.
Do you have sampe rate column added to your foobar's playlist view? You want to make sure those files are really different. It can be just 44.1 flac files or whatever container you're using.
You can also leave default DirectSound output in foobar and just force playback in whatever sample rate you want, in Windows playback device properties. Just to see if light changes.

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #34,329 of 42,765

Check at the top of your list of output devices. You should have something called ASIO: ASIO Chord 1.05. Use this to get bit perfect output. It looks like you are using Asio4all at the moment.

Also worth checking in the DSP manager option that you don't have the resampler dsp turned on.

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #34,330 of 42,765
Do you have sampe rate column added to your foobar's playlist view? You want to make sure those files are really different. It can be just 44.1 flac files or whatever container you're using.
You can also leave default DirectSound output in foobar and just force playback in whatever sample rate you want, in Windows playback device properties. Just to see if light changes.
could be right, tried testing on window playback the light changes. so might just be the file or the settings. knowing that its working shld be enough for now. will check more guides to double check the settings i needed on.

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #34,331 of 42,765
Check at the top of your list of output devices. You should have something called ASIO: ASIO Chord 1.05. Use this to get bit perfect output. It looks like you are using Asio4all at the moment.

Also worth checking in the DSP manager option that you don't have the resampler dsp turned on.

its on now still no change. so it might be the file that im playing. will test more and try it out again. windows playback properties on test, the light changes too. will check more guide to see if i miss something.

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #34,332 of 42,765
its on now still no change. so it might be the file that im playing. will test more and try it out again. windows playback properties on test, the light changes too. will check more guide to see if i miss something.

Did you try using WASAPI? That's all I ever use, AFAIK its replaced ASIO for bit-perfect playback in Windows.

Nov 8, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #34,334 of 42,765
Did you try using WASAPI? That's all I ever use, AFAIK its replaced ASIO for bit-perfect playback in Windows.
i guess its really working cause whenever i play audio from other sources(games/players), the led ball changes to the color i set on the windows audio settings(which is max 300 something = blue). but whenever i play music on foobar it changes to red. im just paranoid lol.

btw on the windows settings. this one
upload_2017-11-9_7-16-51.png

some said that it should be on the max available option and put it on non exclusive. some said to put it on 16/24 41/48. is it personal reference? whats the right option?

Nov 8, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #34,335 of 42,765
If you put the chord mojo in line level mode does that bypass the amp inside and only use the dac or does the amp work at a fixed voltage level for volume?

The latter. You cannot bypass Mojo’s volume. The analog out is one-in-the-same as the variable output (“amp”). Line out is a shortcut to 3v. No difference in sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back