Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 10, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #34,084 of 42,765
Is anyone still having chord mojo issues with apple ios? Ive tried 10.3.3 and now ios 11 beta. I still get issues with the sound cutting out with some of the smallest movements to the usb cable, and if it happens enough times it still gives the mojo device not supported error message. When using an android device it works just fine. I have tried 3 different cables as well. It definitely was never this sensitive during ios 10.2 and earlier.

All help appreciated.

Oct 10, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #34,085 of 42,765
Me too. On my list of things to acquire, next after roon membership, Mrspeakers ether flow upgrade, and half-decent cable....

Total cost: over $2000 US

Available current funds: zilch

I tried Roon, and... wow I was disappointed. Maybe it's great if you have a lot of locally stored music on a NAS or something, but as a Tidal user it just felt like a needlessly clunky UI that gave me no useful recommendations.

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #34,086 of 42,765
I tried Roon, and... wow I was disappointed. Maybe it's great if you have a lot of locally stored music on a NAS or something, but as a Tidal user it just felt like a needlessly clunky UI that gave me no useful recommendations.

Yep I don't think it adds anything that great to Tidal alone, (although it's UI I think is much easier to navigate...and the discover and focus functions have worked well for me, to find out about new artists I really like, and have never heard of before...)

But then, that's not its primary function...i use it as a one stop shop (a bit like iTunes, but not infuriating) and server for all my high resolution music files, wherever they are stored, distributed throughout my network (or even not held locally, and on Tidal, instead). I've literally added thousands of albums to my collection from Tidal, which appear in my library without me having to download any of them, right alongside those albums I actually own myself, and are stored on my network...also, I can set up watched folders, anywhere on the local network, on any computer (apple or PC)/NAS/RAID drive, so wherever music is added, in whatever format, it will be seen straight away in my core Library, and accessible from any remote and/or endpoint around the house.

Add in the ease of setting up endpoints to the server, (it even coped with my ancient custom modded squeezebox classic with ease, which is usually a royal PITA to set up in a music distribution network), the ease of setting up android and iOS remotes, and the high quality playback (which can be combined with software like hqplayer, to live upsample and distribute every played file, to dsd format), and it's a real winner for me. Voila! High res music and high quality playback throughout my house, using crappy old equipment that's been gathering dust for years, and all switchable and controllable from my phone...

I've been like a teenager again, listening to 2 or 3 hours music a day, every day, for the first time in years...the only gripe I have about it is the price, which I think is huge for what it is... But I think they're counting on people experiencing the kinds of benefits that I have, as $10 a month (plus Tidal subs) suddenly seems like peanuts, when it rekindles the kind of passion for music that I've only ever experienced before, for vinyl....

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #34,087 of 42,765
I really don't understand the whole "rekindling the passion" thing. Like, I'm trying to get it, but like... all my albums are stored on the local network as well, the only difference is that I swap from Musicbee to Tidal depending on which I need. What's going on that people are treating Roon like it's some wild difference in how you listen to your stuff? Is it just that until you used Roon you were unable to listen to anything unless you were at that machine?

Like, okay. Let's say for a moment that I have zero problems listening to my local or Tidal music, despite having more than one machine (I use Google if I want to get it from my phone, which means I can also listen to it when I'm not on WiFi). Does Roon actually offer anything to me?

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #34,088 of 42,765
I really don't understand the whole "rekindling the passion" thing. Like, I'm trying to get it, but like... all my albums are stored on the local network as well, the only difference is that I swap from Musicbee to Tidal depending on which I need. What's going on that people are treating Roon like it's some wild difference in how you listen to your stuff? Is it just that until you used Roon you were unable to listen to anything unless you were at that machine?

Like, okay. Let's say for a moment that I have zero problems listening to my local or Tidal music, despite having more than one machine (I use Google if I want to get it from my phone, which means I can also listen to it when I'm not on WiFi). Does Roon actually offer anything to me?

Maybe not. For me, when you have 30000 albums either stored in different places across your network, or that I just like on Tidal, (and don't have stored anywhere), the value of having one place to organise and search them all, without having to constantly swap applications and turn on computers in different rooms, (with some albums on one application, and others, on another, and me never remembering which are which), is invaluable...I also like using the Mojo with it, as now I just carry it around the house with me, hook up the always on optical connections, and away I go, with no fuss...

You've obviously tried it and are underwhelmed. I wouldn't bother with it, if you didn't get the benefits, or think you can do better elsewhere...thousands of subscribers so far obviously disagree...

Oct 10, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #34,089 of 42,765
Is there anyway that the Chord Mojo can be used as a DAC and AMP with the Blackberry Passport phone??? I have tried different places for info and have received conflicting information. Has anybody had any success using this configuration?

Oct 11, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #34,090 of 42,765
Tidal exclusively for me with roon (with no local library) is a real difference to the tidal app. the artwork, GUI, photos, bios, recommendations, intro to new genres on its own make roon a real interactive experience which i enjoy. tidal is just a database of albums by comparison. i really enjoy roon as its potential to come across artists you thought new but then now realise you don't is fab.

Oct 11, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #34,091 of 42,765
Tidal exclusively for me with roon (with no local library) is a real difference to the tidal app. the artwork, GUI, photos, bios, recommendations, intro to new genres on its own make roon a real interactive experience which i enjoy. tidal is just a database of albums by comparison. i really enjoy roon as its potential to come across artists you thought new but then now realise you don't is fab.

Well I'd obviously concur to some extent...Tonight alone I've added 43 Tidal albums to my library database, most of which are artists I've never heard of before, and I've only just discovered in this particular evening's roon wormhole...in the past two weeks, I've added over 400. This never happened with Tidal alone, and ive been a Tidal subscriber for years...

Most people I think though wouldnt think roon was worth it, unless they're streaming with it from numerous places, to numerous devices, across a network... Particularly worth it, if they want something really easy to use, that's well supported, and/or don't have a lot of tech know-how, and have lots of bits and pieces of incompatible gear, which roon connects effortlessly...as I say, $20 a month all down for Tidal and roon seems peanuts to me, for that amount of functionality and good new music, and the ease of playing it.

Oct 13, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #34,092 of 42,765
can anyone share that spreadsheet with target db levels shared earlier?it says atatchement is not available. would appreciate it. Sometimes green color gives me the right volume but sometimes it just distorts badly and the sound becaomes congested

Oct 16, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #34,095 of 42,765
Mojo #2 has been operating 24/7 for a good 2-3 months.

Varied states mostly DAC.

This is the first time, its failed over twice in 2 days, [1st instance i didn't bleed it] Now I've let it bleed blinking red.

35-40c

I've had to bleed it dry and fully recharge it again, now its squealing like a pig [white charging]. My last Mojo #1, was never stable again. So for me this isn't a good sign.

I'm worried because if it does it again being the 2nd unit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back