Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 7, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #33,647 of 42,765
i will post impressions of this combo ether flow/mojo as soon as i can.

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #33,648 of 42,765
Hi mates, easy question not so easy answer.

For HD 600 headphones, would you recommend the Mojo, or something like Xduoo XD-05 or Schiit Fulla 2?

I am not taking my HD 600 out of home, but often my sons are watching TV in the living room and I go to listen music to any quiet room, so I need something portable. Currently I have a Fiio Q1, which I take with me everywhere I go.
The sound from the Q1 is not bat at all, but I keep reading everywhere it has not enough power for 300 ohms headphones and if I am going to change I want to get the best portable DAC I can afford.
What I don't like about the Xduoo is that I have to get it from China if I want a competitive price and if it brokes I don't trust the warranty. I can buy the Mojo from amazon Spain and that means 2 years warranty.
Some say there is not much improvement from Xduoo/Fulla to the Mojo, at least not what the price difference is, but everyone seems to agree the Mojo is better.

I am not considering the iDSD Black Label (it has very good reviews), because I can't put it in my little bag and go with it everywhere. The Oppo HA 2 SE seems to be also under the Mojo in terms of sound and it only cost around 100$ less here in Spain, so I prefer the Mojo.

My sources are a S7 android phone (USB Audio Player Pro app) and a PC with Foobar. I also take the DAC to work to listen music with a not so good headphones, Sennheiser Momentum M2 in ear.
My preferred music is classical, I have almost all my CDs converted to flac, some hi resolution files and even a few DSD.

I've been reading forums and reviews for weeks, but I can't compare both by myself so it is no easy to decide.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #33,649 of 42,765
the mojo beats everything under 1000 and drives all your headphones easily. there is no competition you need to hear it to understand. i'm collecting mine today.

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #33,650 of 42,765
I am sure for the absolute purist, a power supplied desktop kind of DAC/AMP would be slightly be better but so far I had MOJO so decided to use it :) It may be enough, so give it a try!!
It is convenient and works for other devices: iPhone, PC, Mac ... lets get back our feet down to earth and stop seeking the graal for a while :)

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #33,651 of 42,765
the mojo beats everything under 1000 and drives all your headphones easily. there is no competition you need to hear it to understand. i'm collecting mine today.
Have you heard the iFi iDSD BL? It gives the Mojo a run for it money. I have both and I'm using the iDSD BL a lot more.

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #33,652 of 42,765
Hi mates, easy question not so easy answer.

For HD 600 headphones, would you recommend the Mojo, or something like Xduoo XD-05 or Schiit Fulla 2?

I am not taking my HD 600 out of home, but often my sons are watching TV in the living room and I go to listen music to any quiet room, so I need something portable. Currently I have a Fiio Q1, which I take with me everywhere I go.
The sound from the Q1 is not bat at all, but I keep reading everywhere it has not enough power for 300 ohms headphones and if I am going to change I want to get the best portable DAC I can afford.
What I don't like about the Xduoo is that I have to get it from China if I want a competitive price and if it brokes I don't trust the warranty. I can buy the Mojo from amazon Spain and that means 2 years warranty.
Some say there is not much improvement from Xduoo/Fulla to the Mojo, at least not what the price difference is, but everyone seems to agree the Mojo is better.

I am not considering the iDSD Black Label (it has very good reviews), because I can't put it in my little bag and go with it everywhere. The Oppo HA 2 SE seems to be also under the Mojo in terms of sound and it only cost around 100$ less here in Spain, so I prefer the Mojo.

My sources are a S7 android phone (USB Audio Player Pro app) and a PC with Foobar. I also take the DAC to work to listen music with a not so good headphones, Sennheiser Momentum M2 in ear.
My preferred music is classical, I have almost all my CDs converted to flac, some hi resolution files and even a few DSD.

I've been reading forums and reviews for weeks, but I can't compare both by myself so it is no easy to decide.

Thanks in advance.

Easy decision, just buy Mojo. :wink:

Don't consider Mojo as "just" a portable source, it's perfectly fine as a desktop solution too, and rivals competition at and above its price range.

It will absolutely beat the pants off some DAPs and the Fulla.

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #33,653 of 42,765
we will get there and find it lol........
upload_2017-9-7_13-17-59.png

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #33,654 of 42,765
Easy decision, just buy Mojo. :wink:

Don't consider Mojo as "just" a portable source, it's perfectly fine as a desktop solution too, and rivals competition at and above its price range.

It will absolutely beat the pants off some DAPs and the Fulla.
Agreed, the Mojo is an excellent piece of gear. I'm using it in my desktop system now as my DAC feeding my Pro iCan. I love the pairing there's so much detail and resolution. My HE1K v2's sound incredible coming from the Pro iCan with the Mojo as my DAC.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #33,656 of 42,765

If I recall correctly, I tested the HD 600 on a Fulla 2 and thought it wasn't nearly as good as the Mojo, plus it started to distort.

the mojo beats everything under 1000 and drives all your headphones easily. there is no competition you need to hear it to understand.

There are plenty of people who like other gear more than the Mojo. And it can't easily drive the least sensitive planar magnetics like the HIFIMAN HE6, and can't drive electrostats at all.

we will get there and find it lol........

That image is one of my old avatars. hehe

Sep 7, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #33,658 of 42,765
There are plenty of people who like other gear more than the Mojo. And it can't easily drive the least sensitive planar magnetics like the HIFIMAN HE6, and can't drive electrostats at all.

Also, it can not make your bed, wash your dishes, hunt Pokemons or pour you a cup of coffee! :)

The Mojo is what it is and it does what it does. I don't see how there can be any complaints at the price.

Let us know how you like your Mojo, Musickid, hope you get it soon.

Sep 7, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #33,659 of 42,765
listening to mr speakers ether flow (home trial) out of my imac while i wait for mojo to complete its initial charge. coming from the small beyer dt880 straight to a TOTL headphone described as the closest thing to electrostatic performance available is new 'thing' for me. hugo 2 cash refund well spent!! i'm trying hard to feel if the ether flow's are comfortable for me. in one way yes with lambskin deep pads but maybe a bit heavy we shall see.

Sep 7, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #33,660 of 42,765
The Mojo is what it is and it does what it does. I don't see how there can be any complaints at the price.

While I agree, again, there are plenty who don't and dislike the Mojo for whatever reason, and some even prefer much cheaper equipment.

a TOTL headphone described as the closest thing to electrostatic performance available

Just curious, since you worded it this way... Have you tried electrostats? I owned four STAX systems (and a Koss ESP950) and do prefer them over other headphone technology. Every time I hear non-electrostats that cost thousands, my general reaction is, "Yeah, this is good, but even entry-level STAX is still better."

As for the ETHER Flow being described as the closest to electrostatic performance in a non-electrostat...I think you should research the more expensive models out there. (Like the Abyss AB-1266 Phi, Focal Utopia, HIFIMAN SUSVARA, Audeze LCD-4, etc.)

hugo 2 cash refund well spent!!

What's the story behind that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back