Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 31, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #33,601 of 42,765
Thanks for the recommendation, that looks good and an awesome price. If the 1 amp I am using gives from what I can tell a full charge without any issues is it safer or less wear and tear on the battery to use it over a 2 amp? I've heard higher rated chargers and quick charges wear out batteries faster? Anyone have any thoughts on that? I know I'm being way over the top here and over analyzing but I really pamper my stuff and like it to last as long as possible. I still have my first shure e5 iem that I bought, it's 10+ years old and in mint condition!
1 amp is the minimum rating, and it is easy for such a charger when combined with a USB cable that does not fully meet the spec, to fall below 1 amp, and then you end up with a failure to charge plus blinking lights. Many people are using 2 amp chargers for Apple or Samsung phones without problems. It is best to avoid high rated chargers. I started off using a Oppo vooc fast charger, but rob watts posted about the dangers of fast chargers, or high voltage chargers, so I have used my phone charger ever since.

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #33,602 of 42,765
1 amp is the minimum rating, and it is easy for such a charger when combined with a USB cable that does not fully meet the spec, to fall below 1 amp, and then you end up with a failure to charge plus blinking lights. Many people are using 2 amp chargers for Apple or Samsung phones without problems. It is best to avoid high rated chargers. I started off using a Oppo vooc fast charger, but rob watts posted about the dangers of fast chargers, or high voltage chargers, so I have used my phone charger ever since.
Awesome, that's great information, thank you. I figured one of those super turbo fast chargers could be hard on the battery, wear it out faster etc. I'll find a 2 amp standard phone charger and go with that, I've found a Samsung with the adaptive charge, it says it charges regular devices at 2 amps so that should work perfect and I've had good luck with the Samsung branded chargers in the past. Thanks again.

Aug 31, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #33,603 of 42,765
Thanks for the recommendation, that looks good and an awesome price. If the 1 amp I am using gives from what I can tell a full charge without any issues is it safer or less wear and tear on the battery to use it over a 2 amp? I've heard higher rated chargers and quick charges wear out batteries faster? Anyone have any thoughts on that? I know I'm being way over the top here and over analyzing but I really pamper my stuff and like it to last as long as possible. I still have my first shure e5 iem that I bought, it's 10+ years old and in mint condition!

Did you read the info on the second link? I'll quote it here to make it more visible for others.

All our USB charged devices require a minimum of 5v 1amp to charge the internal battery. However, we recommend purchasing a 2amp charger because, although some may be listed with an output power of 1amp, they may in fact be delivering less than this.

There is not a problem with purchasing a charger that can deliver more than 2amps of current with our USB charged devices as the internal charger circuit is protected against this. Please note, that for optimal performance we recommend using a USB to Micro USB cable no longer than 1.5m for play and charging.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #33,604 of 42,765
Hi,

I'm new to the hobby, having purchased my Mojo less than a month ago, but I enjoy the sound quality a lot. Currently I'm using it with a Windows PC at work, a MBP at home and with a Sony Z5 Compact on the go. So far it seems to live up to the reviews I've been reading before committing to buy, so I'm very happy with my decision :)

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #33,605 of 42,765
Hi All,

Not sure if this was discussed recently, a quick search didn't bring anything up, but My Google Pixel just got updated to the new OS version (Oreo Cookie) and it looks like Android fixed the problem with upscaling. My Mojo now shows the appropriate colour to match the bit rate of the track being played (through UAPP).

Finally!

Pete

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #33,606 of 42,765
Hi All,

Not sure if this was discussed recently, a quick search didn't bring anything up, but My Google Pixel just got updated to the new OS version (Oreo Cookie) and it looks like Android fixed the problem with upscaling. My Mojo now shows the appropriate colour to match the bit rate of the track being played (through UAPP).

Finally!

Pete

Nice, can't wait for my Nokia 8 to get the Oreo update!

Sep 1, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #33,607 of 42,765
what is the synergy between mojo and sony z1r? if you had to recommend high end cans in the region of 1600 gbp what is best here?

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #33,608 of 42,765
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the mojo and the focal elear? I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a pair of those. I have a decent home amp too, its old (ray samuels hr-2) but it's still pretty decent although I kinda like the sound of the mojo better with my home headphones which is mostly a hd650.

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #33,609 of 42,765
what is the synergy between mojo and sony z1r? if you had to recommend high end cans in the region of 1600 gbp what is best here?
I used to have sennheiser hd800s with a woo audio wa 1... Pretty high spec rig, and one I was very happy with, until I heard the mrspeakers ether open (not even the flow version) with the chord Mojo. Needless to say, I immediately sold the senny's, and am trying to sell the wa1 now, and now have the ethers. I cannot recommend them highly enough with the Mojo. I am thinking of upgrading to the flows with the mrspeakers trade in thing ($500US, for brand new headphones), but I can't trial them where I live, so it's a bit of a risk, when Im as happy as I am with the original ethers...try them. It will be like a breath of fresh air, compared to the frankly horrible Sony z1r's.

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #33,610 of 42,765
The Z1R's are not horrible and they sound great with the Mojo. I was doing some listening with the combo today for a couple of hours. The Z1R's are easy to drive but they scale very well with higher end gear. I like them best with my Pro iCan. But the iDSD BL is a nice pairing as well. The 3D+ feature on it really opens up the soundstage on the Z1R's.

Sep 2, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #33,611 of 42,765
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the mojo and the focal elear? I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a pair of those. I have a decent home amp too, its old (ray samuels hr-2) but it's still pretty decent although I kinda like the sound of the mojo better with my home headphones which is mostly a hd650.
Search the thread using the keyword Elear. Several owners of chord dacs have written about their experiences with the Elear, including the use of equalisation profiles to try and get a fully neutral frequency response. @Music Alchemist and @JaZZ spring to mind.

Sep 2, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #33,612 of 42,765
Search the thread using the keyword Elear. Several owners of chord dacs have written about their experiences with the Elear, including the use of equalisation profiles to try and get a fully neutral frequency response. @Music Alchemist and @JaZZ spring to mind.

I'm curious to hear the Elear on a powerful external amp. Although the Mojo can drive it fine in terms of volume, I did not get the strong dynamics and impact from the Elear that everyone raved about and wonder if the Mojo was holding it back somehow. I found the Elear laid-back in that area...which is the opposite of the general consensus and really confused me. I sent my Elear to another member, who drove it with an Audeze Deckard and agreed with me.

The Elear is tuned like the HD 650 but more impressive technically (particularly with acoustic music), so fans of the Senn are sure to like the Elear.

Although I did make it more neutral with a parametric equalizer, EQ in general requires a good deal of effort to properly implement. I would more often just listen to it in stock form.

Sep 2, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #33,613 of 42,765
I've had the Z1R/Kimble SE cable for an hour and it sounded fine with the Mojo. Tracks from 80s onwards sound great on them. One observation was that the bass could be a little tighter, which I suspect balanced option would fix (not with Mojo though). Love the build and feel of the Z1R, especially the 'click and barrel' system for cable change.

I guess it comes back to personal preference as It was a little too bassy for me. Senn HD800 or Beyer T1.1 are my recommendations for Mojo.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #33,614 of 42,765
is 10.3.3 now ok for ipad with mojo plus can i use a hugo 2 charger for mojo?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back