Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 27, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #32,836 of 42,765
So, a couple of questions for those in the know. Is the reason that the Mojo's price was reduced due to a newer version coming out soon, and wouldn't it be nice if Chord would someday come out with an Android base DAP that would allow you to stream?
No, not another Android crap please..

Jun 28, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #32,837 of 42,765
I noticed a few folk asking about the Mojo as a desktop DAC again recently. Powering and charging aside, it's a good desktop DAC.

However recently I have found myself using my Meridian Explorer (ME) a bit more. Originally I only used my Mojo when listening to music or watching DVDs. Gaming and Youtube were consigned to my ME. However the hassle of changing over cables meant I was migrating more to using the Mojo more. Games do absolutely sound better with the Mojo, and I was happy to just use the Mojo.

Just recently though, I plugged in my ME and have left it on. Even when listening to some music. I can't exactly remember why I chose to do this. It may have been for battery preservation, meaning I don't want to wear it out. Or since changing to the ME, I have been enjoying not having to muck about with settings...........What I mean is, when I boot up my PC, my ME comes on. I don't have to power up the ME and set it to line level, or headphones settings.....The ME is just so much easier to use.

I still mainly use my Mojo for music though. I think it's a real testament to the ME though. When it's still stands as a good DAC next to the Mojo. The ME is kind of laid back in comparison, whereas the Mojo is far more exciting.

... I am on the verge of buying a phone for the Mojo. Meaning my Mojo is still going to get fully use, and used away from my PC.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #32,838 of 42,765
Anyone having an issue where one of the two 3.5mm jacks doesn't work right? On mine, the one on the same side as the buttons cuts in and out. It's not really an issue since the other works fine, but boy it's annoying.

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #32,841 of 42,765
Mine has the same problem. The Headphones out on the side of the leds have a bad contact and sometimes I loose the signal.
The problem is that after some checking of one friend and myself we noticed that on the out that is not working well the sound is slightly better (warmer) than the other out, probably because a break-in process as I always used that out.
I am thinking if it would be easy to open the case and try to fix it. Did somebody opened ? it is difficult?

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #32,842 of 42,765
Mine has the same problem. The Headphones out on the side of the leds have a bad contact and sometimes I loose the signal.
The problem is that after some checking of one friend and myself we noticed that on the out that is not working well the sound is slightly better (warmer) than the other out, probably because a break-in process as I always used that out.
I am thinking if it would be easy to open the case and try to fix it. Did somebody opened ? it is difficult?

I believe it was you that posted a day or two ago about one of the headphone outs sounding a bit better than the other?

You're not alone in thinking this, within the first few months of getting Mojo I would plug my headphone's into one of the sockets and feel that the side with the glowing lights sounded a tad warmer and smoother than the other side (that was the side I was using the most).

Try plugging in your headphones on the side you feel is worse after Mojo is on for 10-20 mins and see if you could tell the difference.

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #32,843 of 42,765
Anyone having an issue where one of the two 3.5mm jacks doesn't work right? On mine, the one on the same side as the buttons cuts in and out. It's not really an issue since the other works fine, but boy it's annoying.

Yes me too, the RHS socket cuts in and out, it doesn't matter which headphones I use I get the same issue, it could be a faulty socket, but I think its a solder joint issue on mine.

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #32,844 of 42,765
I believe it was you that posted a day or two ago about one of the headphone outs sounding a bit better than the other?

You're not alone in thinking this, within the first few months of getting Mojo I would plug my headphone's into one of the sockets and feel that the side with the glowing lights sounded a tad warmer and smoother than the other side (that was the side I was using the most).

Try plugging in your headphones on the side you feel is worse after Mojo is on for 10-20 mins and see if you could tell the difference.
Yes, I posted that before.
I did.I connected the Mojo to the PC, put the headphones on the other out (side opposite the lights), wait 1 hour and then checked and still sounded better the out that was on the light side even when the other out was working for more than 1 hour.

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #32,845 of 42,765
I've had the Mojo for about a year now (and my Hugo2 is soon to arrive) and initially preferred the Mojo through Liquid Cavalli Carbon and Microzotl-2S because the amps gave the headphones more body, bass, and soundstage with a slightly loss of transparency, but now I just prefer straight out the Mojo. I don't know if it's Mojo burn in (or as Rob says brain burn in) but I hardly use the external desktop amps. I'm now tempted to sell them. Anyone else felt (or feel) this way?

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #32,846 of 42,765
The Mojo seems to have a bass increase to begin with, I can't imagine throwing it behind a warm amp would be good (unless your headphones are on the bright/sterile side).

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #32,847 of 42,765
Just remove the bottom screws using hex keys, it just opens up. Battery is glued to the top plate, and connects to the board via 2-pin connector.
7936084.jpg

Jun 29, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #32,848 of 42,765
I am hoping to connect the Chord Mojo to a Blu Ray Player which has a Digital Coax output supporting 192khz PCM audio.
Can anyone recommend a 3meter Cable and what kind, that can connect the Blu Ray Player to the Mojo.

I looked on Audioquest website but could not find anything. Don't mind paying for good quality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back