Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 26, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #32,806 of 42,765
@turkayguner, thanks for the response. if you would have listened , you would agree that there is plenty of drive and dynamics Hugo has. for those who can't afford Dave or Hugo 2, original Hugo is still has a reason to continue . I believe if the system is set properly ( specially the speakers) the sound is like the performance in that room itself , whatever are the room acoustics and that's what I experience in my untreated room. it's like listening to a person talking in that room. also the reason for wider than natural sound in the video is the mic placement in Olympus LS 100.

That's lovely n' all, but this is the Mojo thread...

Jun 26, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #32,809 of 42,765
Yes indeed. It is plugged in 95%+ of the time. Is that the culprit?

It happened to me as well last year. Chord said it is ok to keep Mojo plugged in 24/7, so I did that. (95% desktop use.) After 8-10 months with my first Mojo I experienced the same problem, battery didn't last longer than 2 hrs anymore. Chord has replaced my unit under warranty. I have been using my second Mojo for half a year now, mostly on battery to avoid another battery failure. It runs around 8 hrs.

Jun 26, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #32,811 of 42,765
How has the battery life held up for you guys? Mine seems to be unable to reach past a 2hrs on a charge and I've had it for about 1yr.

I'm not sure, but I do know that I can usually get 2-3 days on mine with a couple hours a day. Then again I've only let the battery die once or twice.

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #32,814 of 42,765
Lmao...

I'm tired of my mojo dropping out w my iPod...crazy frustrating. Even did the most recent apple iOS update that was supposed to fix things...slightest touch on cck and often a disconnection and 'this device not compatible' or something...arrgh.....so am going to sell it with the extender kit.

So please feel free to shoot me ideas for a DAP replacement in the $1000 ish range ...I'm thinking of the ibasso dX200 or something else...I do a lot of streaming with Tidal, using offline downloads.

If you're feeling brave then the iOS 11 public beta is now out - you could try it, and if it doesn't work out for you then you can still roll back - the caveat being that you'd need to reload all the data and apps again if you do roll back.

With reference to bold part in the quote, it does seem to me that in your case you may well have an intermittent connection problem somewhere in the chain, rather than it being an issue with the software.

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #32,815 of 42,765
If you're feeling brave then the iOS 11 public beta is now out - you could try it, and if it doesn't work out for you then you can still roll back - the caveat being that you'd need to reload all the data and apps again if you do roll back.

With reference to bold part in the quote, it does seem to me that in your case you may well have an intermittent connection problem somewhere in the chain, rather than it being an issue with the software.
So try another cck cable...to play it safe.i was considering that too

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #32,816 of 42,765
So try another cck cable...to play it safe.i was considering that too

Not only that, but try a different USB cable as well. I have an audio interface on my computer which is connected via a USB hub, and if I touch the cable it loses connection. Most of the time it's not a problem, but I do need to get around to replacing the hub and/or USB cable.

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #32,817 of 42,765
Not only that, but try a different USB cable as well. I have an audio interface on my computer which is connected via a USB hub, and if I touch the cable it loses connection. Most of the time it's not a problem, but I do need to get around to replacing the hub and/or USB cable.
Thanks...have any in mind? I do use the mojo extender module.

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #32,818 of 42,765
Thanks...have any in mind? I do use the mojo extender module.

Yeah - that's a point, I hadn't figured the extender module into this. Ok, simply for diagnostic purposes I'd temporarily remove the extender module and connect the CCK to a USB cable (any functioning one will work for a test) and then the USB cable into the Mojo to see if that eliminates the problem. If not then the CCK is the next suspect.

Basically it's a process of elimination.

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #32,819 of 42,765
It happened to me as well last year. Chord said it is ok to keep Mojo plugged in 24/7, so I did that. (95% desktop use.) After 8-10 months with my first Mojo I experienced the same problem, battery didn't last longer than 2 hrs anymore. Chord has replaced my unit under warranty. I have been using my second Mojo for half a year now, mostly on battery to avoid another battery failure. It runs around 8 hrs.

Thanks for the info.

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #32,820 of 42,765

I had something similar but it seems to stem from my iPhone. I used it with the mojo and dragonfly dac. I found some lint in the lightning port which helped after I removed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back