Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 24, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #32,776 of 42,782
I don't think it does Tidal. I use it for locally stored files. However, on the website it says that it supports streaming audio:
Q: Is there support for streaming audio?
A: Yes, there is. Navigate with Internet browser to the link you would like to stream, press on it, Android OS will offer the list of apps to open that link, choose Neutron from that list, Neutron will start and on its Display will be saying CONNECTING..., if format is supported it will start playing the stream. All streaming URLs opened like that will be saved in Streaming group in Playlist screen (below Queue group). Also it is saved in XML file: /Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp/streaming.xml. It is possbile to edit this XML file manually and add/fill the list of URLs there. If it is non-Android platform then streaming.xml can be located in a custom NeutronMP folder

Hm... that sounds a little janky. Ah well.

I know I was slagging on various sample rates and all, but I'm definitely going for the highest fidelity available even if I can't consciously hear it. UAPP works well enough, but damned if Neutron doesn't seem to have a lot of good reviews.

Jun 24, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #32,779 of 42,782
Now I've heard it all.

a_laugh.gif

Jun 24, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #32,780 of 42,782
Now I've heard it all.

a_laugh.gif

Don't forget to burn in your MP3s before listening. Give your whole collection a couple spins overnight. The 1s and 0s should be nice and warmed up!

In seriousness, though, it's possible one of the two outputs is a little janky. Unlikely, but if you're really wondering, I suggest asking a friend to help you by having them plug your headphones into one vs the other randomly and see if you can reliably guess which is which.

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #32,781 of 42,782
Don't forget to burn in your MP3s before listening. Give your whole collection a couple spins overnight. The 1s and 0s should be nice and warmed up!
In seriousness, though, it's possible one of the two outputs is a little janky. Unlikely, but if you're really wondering, I suggest asking a friend to help you by having them plug your headphones into one vs the other randomly and see if you can reliably guess which is which.

Lmao...

I'm tired of my mojo dropping out w my iPod...crazy frustrating. Even did the most recent apple iOS update that was supposed to fix things...slightest touch on cck and often a disconnection and 'this device not compatible' or something...arrgh.....so am going to sell it with the extender kit.

So please feel free to shoot me ideas for a DAP replacement in the $1000 ish range ...I'm thinking of the ibasso dX200 or something else...I do a lot of streaming with Tidal, using offline downloads.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #32,783 of 42,782
Just a note in praise of the Mojo, this is major:

Sold off my vinyl deck many years ago (Source, Zeta, Koetsu) and despite High end amps and speakers not been satisfied since then. Been (wrongly) waiting for an upgrade in digital source DVDA SACD etc but it proved the answer that eluded for so long was a better DAC.
I'm happy now, even with the simplest of digital sources I can relax INTO what I'm hearing. ...and all this at a very affordable price.

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #32,784 of 42,782

I did, and my friend also think it sound slightly more defined and warmer in one output than the another. Perhaps the output I've used always is "burned-in", but it sound slightly better, it is not my only perception.

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #32,786 of 42,782
How has the battery life held up for you guys? Mine seems to be unable to reach past a 2hrs on a charge and I've had it for about 1yr.

Still 6 hours for me. Mine is from early 2016 when I received it.

Jun 25, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #32,788 of 42,782
Lmao...

I'm tired of my mojo dropping out w my iPod...crazy frustrating. Even did the most recent apple iOS update that was supposed to fix things...slightest touch on cck and often a disconnection and 'this device not compatible' or something...arrgh.....so am going to sell it with the extender kit.

So please feel free to shoot me ideas for a DAP replacement in the $1000 ish range ...I'm thinking of the ibasso dX200 or something else...I do a lot of streaming with Tidal, using offline downloads.
Hopeful you don't need to spend anywhere near $1000. This sounds very promising at around $350
https://www.facebook.com/hidizs/

Jun 25, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #32,789 of 42,782
How has the battery life held up for you guys? Mine seems to be unable to reach past a 2hrs on a charge and I've had it for about 1yr.

Still around 8hrs from a full charge. By chance have you had yours plugged in constantly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back