Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 22, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #32,761 of 42,765
i have had no further problems at all on 10.3.3 Public Beta 3. seems like it's been fixed. not sure when they will be releasing the official 10.3.3 though.
Hopefully soon... The connection problems are killing me. It takes like 5-15 tries to even get it to detect mojo, and sometimes will drop the signal like 10 seconds into a song like 5 times in a row...

Jun 22, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #32,762 of 42,765
I am thinking about getting an LG G5 or LG G5 SE.

The G5 is listed in its specs as HD- audio playable. However the G5 SE does not list that. Whereas the opinion between the two is that the G5 SE has a less powerful processor, and 1GB less RAM.

Anyway I am thinking of buying the G5 SE, and want to use it with the Mojo. However I don't know if it will play HD-audio through the Mojo if I get the USB Audio Player Pro. While 98% of my entire music collection is CD, I do mean to buy some more HD-audio. Meaning I really want to be able to have a phone that will play HD-audio.

Does anyone know for sure if the LG G5 SE would be OK for me please?

(NB. I have my mind made up on the G5 (or SE).)

As long as LG G5 has OTG support then UAPP will send any audio file to Mojo, but you will find like most of us that you will only need standard 16/44.1 as it sounds incredible so there is no need for high res.

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #32,763 of 42,765
I am glad the mods stopped the off topic stuff. Please anyone, I am trying to figure out of the LG G5 SE will export HD-audio to the Mojo. Meaning since the Mojo is added. Will it over-ride the fact that the G5 SE doesn't natively seem to do HD-audio.

By the way, on your amazing head-fi gear folks, please check this out. The track is called Earth, by Three Cats.

As far as I can tell it's balanced neutrally.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #32,764 of 42,765
As long as LG G5 has OTG support then UAPP will send any audio file to Mojo, but you will find like most of us that you will only need standard 16/44.1 as it sounds incredible so there is no need for high res.

Thanks Def. I am hoping the LG G5 SE will do HD-audio out. (Meaning UAPP sending to Mojo. Since the G5 SE seems not to do native HD-audio.) It will save big bucks over the G5.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #32,765 of 42,765
I recently tried using Neutron instead of UAPP on my Sony Z5C paired with Mojo and I am liking the sound better using Neutron over UAPP. Specifically, I find the highs to be smoother sounding with Neutron. I have Android 7 on my Z5C and I am able to get native bit rates on both UAPP and Neutron. Neutron is now my default player.

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #32,766 of 42,765
I recently tried using Neutron instead of UAPP on my Sony Z5C paired with Mojo and I am liking the sound better using Neutron over UAPP. Specifically, I find the highs to be smoother sounding with Neutron. I have Android 7 on my Z5C and I am able to get native bit rates on both UAPP and Neutron. Neutron is now my default player.
I am waiting for my Mojo, it's at the customs atm man it is too painful to sit and wait.. So on the iOS side of things, do the players sound different from each other? If so which one do you guys enjoy the best with Mojo?

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #32,767 of 42,765
I am waiting for my Mojo, it's at the customs atm man it is too painful to sit and wait.. So on the iOS side of things, do the players sound different from each other? If so which one do you guys enjoy the best with Mojo?
There is no single favourite - some users prefer ease of use over sound quality.
There is a lot of useful info for new owners in post #3, but be very careful with cables - maybe not all those listed ios cables will work now.
Anyway, here are a couple of suggestions for music players from post #3.
Mojo owners using iOS will need to use a software app, in order to output Hi-Res audio through the Lightning connection. There are a few options:

1. Onkyo HF Player ($10 for HD Version)

1. HiBy Music (free)

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #32,768 of 42,765

Does Neutron do streaming services or on-device files only? A big reason I sprung for UAPP was that it uses Tidal.

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #32,769 of 42,765
Anyway, here are a couple of suggestions for music players from post #3.
Mojo owners using iOS will need to use a software app, in order to output Hi-Res audio through the Lightning connection. There are a few options:

1. Onkyo HF Player ($10 for HD Version)

1. HiBy Music (free)
Thanks for the suggestions. I thought I have read all of the 3rd post but it seems I have missed some. I didn't pay for any player app on iOS yet because my music source is Tidal. I have downloaded the free Hiby music app and loaded up some hi-res files. Quality is quite good and also there are some DSP options as well. Not bad for a free app. Now I am looking for a way to get my Tidal HIFI sub fully working on my iPad. Is there a solution yet? If there was an iOS clone of the UAPP app it would be perfect. If there is no solution on iOS side, I guess I need to find an Android transport for the Mojo as a last resort.

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #32,770 of 42,765
Thanks for the suggestions. I thought I have read all of the 3rd post but it seems I have missed some. I didn't pay for any player app on iOS yet because my music source is Tidal. I have downloaded the free Hiby music app and loaded up some hi-res files. Quality is quite good and also there are some DSP options as well. Not bad for a free app. Now I am looking for a way to get my Tidal HIFI sub fully working on my iPad. Is there a solution yet? If there was an iOS clone of the UAPP app it would be perfect. If there is no solution on iOS side, I guess I need to find an Android transport for the Mojo as a last resort.

what's wrong with the iOS Tidal app for iPad?! what solution are you looking for?

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #32,771 of 42,765
Now I am looking for a way to get my Tidal HIFI sub fully working on my iPad. Is there a solution yet? If there was an iOS clone of the UAPP app it would be perfect. If there is no solution on iOS side, I guess I need to find an Android transport for the Mojo as a last resort.

Im not sure what you're trying to do here. Tidal HiFi is 16/44.1 lossless CD quality and works fine with the iPad without any other apps.

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #32,772 of 42,765
Oh well I thought with UAPP you could do 88.2 or 96 with albums within Masters catalogue.

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #32,773 of 42,765
Jun 23, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #32,774 of 42,765
Hopefully soon... The connection problems are killing me. It takes like 5-15 tries to even get it to detect mojo, and sometimes will drop the signal like 10 seconds into a song like 5 times in a row...

.same experience as yours.
.very frustrating...goes on and off...
i did the apple ios update too.
but tidal playing on mojo/ipod touch
is still a somewhat precarious outing.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #32,775 of 42,765
Does Neutron do streaming services or on-device files only? A big reason I sprung for UAPP was that it uses Tidal.
I don't think it does Tidal. I use it for locally stored files. However, on the website it says that it supports streaming audio:
Q: Is there support for streaming audio?
A: Yes, there is. Navigate with Internet browser to the link you would like to stream, press on it, Android OS will offer the list of apps to open that link, choose Neutron from that list, Neutron will start and on its Display will be saying CONNECTING..., if format is supported it will start playing the stream. All streaming URLs opened like that will be saved in Streaming group in Playlist screen (below Queue group). Also it is saved in XML file: /Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp/streaming.xml. It is possbile to edit this XML file manually and add/fill the list of URLs there. If it is non-Android platform then streaming.xml can be located in a custom NeutronMP folder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back