Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 15, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #32,672 of 42,765
Jun 15, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #32,674 of 42,765
I haven't been able to use my IE800 for about a week due to some wax blockage and inflammation, iv been having mad cravings for music but while I get treatment for my ears I decided to pick up some apple ear pods because I don't want to push anything in my ears for a while. I'm actually surprised that they sound pretty good for the price. Apart from a mid bass hump I'm pretty happy with them and they will help keep the cravings to a minimum while my ears get healthy again. Here's a shot with the mojo of course.

IMG_20170615_215131794~2.jpg

Jun 15, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #32,675 of 42,765
Mojo's battery is custom made for Chord. You can order it from Chord or their distributors. It uses a 2-pin connector, no soldering required.

It's just a LiPo 7.4v 1650mAh 12,21Wh afaik.
You can probably replace it with another battery easily (a newer 2000mAh should fit in there fine, if not just use a 1500mAh, soldering the 2 pin connector is easy).

Jun 15, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #32,677 of 42,765
I feel like controlling a DAP from your phone starts to negate the purpose of having a DAP as opposed to just a DAC connected to the phone.

I got a M1 off Massdrop and it works well, but the UI is challenging and I am always clicking the wrong button or something else. Then I got a XDP-100R because I wanted a better UI and ability to use things like Roon and Tidal. However the XDP with the Mojo lasts maybe 2 hours. I tried the new new Hiby Link software today, and while the UI is still a little lame in its organization, it works really well and the M1 can last a good long while with the Mojo. So there is that. Oh, as far as a phone goes, I have an Samsung S6 and connected to a Mojo had pops, clicks, noise and studdering, so DAP is the best way to go IMHO.

P.S. Yes, I did consider for a moment using the XDP to control the M1 connected to the Mojo - but that would just be silly. :wink:

Jun 15, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #32,680 of 42,765
Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #32,681 of 42,765
I got this recently. Great performance but does anyone experience irregular static cracks while playing? They're somewhat subtle on any track I play.

I also get this, but only when the Mojo's plugged into my work computer. On my home gaming machine and Dell XPS 13 I don't get the same problem; guessing it's due to the noisy USB ports and basic motherboard in the work one. Been meaning to try a jitterbug to see if it helps but haven't got around to buying one yet...

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #32,682 of 42,765
Hey Guys
yesterday I updated my windows 10. Since then whenever I try to use the mojo in windows it crashes with the following error:
dSTz0pS.jpg

the .sys file is the mojo driver that fails. Do you think Chord should update the driver or is there anything else I can do?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #32,684 of 42,765
Hey Guys
yesterday I updated my windows 10. Since then whenever I try to use the mojo in windows it crashes with the following error:
dSTz0pS.jpg

the .sys file is the mojo driver that fails. Do you think Chord should update the driver or is there anything else I can do?

I started getting same crashes if I allow Tidal to take exclusive control over Mojo. I turned the control off and now I can listen to music, but no longer bitperfect. A fix from one of the parties would be nice.

Jun 16, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #32,685 of 42,765
Did you reinstall Mojo drivers?
Yes, sadly it didn't work. Uninstalling the latest windows update however solved the issue.
I started getting same crashes if I allow Tidal to take exclusive control over Mojo. I turned the control off and now I can listen to music, but no longer bitperfect. A fix from one of the parties would be nice.
Yeah, I hope the problem will be soon acknowledged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back