Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 13, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #32,657 of 42,765
The right angled one i suggested a while back?

Yezzir. Just showed up in the mail. I was surprised.

Unfortunately, the short cable doesn't fix the proximity issue. So I'm gonna look for one that's the same idea but not right angled and 18" long or so.

I seriously despise the "just put your phone in airplane mode!" non-solution. Hey, y'all, the reason I *have* a smartphone in my pocket is because I expect to use its ability to communicate remotely (and why I pay for a Tidal subscription). Telling me it's a valid strategy to turn off its data capabilities is like saying it's not a problem that a car stereo makes your engine stall and the answer is to only listen to music while it's in neutral.

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #32,659 of 42,765
Chord Mojo Battery Replacement.
Now I think I need to replace the battery, anyone knows the exact model number of the battery and where to get it - I am decent at soldering.
Mojo's battery is custom made for Chord. You can order it from Chord or their distributors. It uses a 2-pin connector, no soldering required.

7936084.jpg

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #32,661 of 42,765
After listening to this briliiant little amp for a few weeks, i really like the quality and features. A little glitch which i always encounter on iPhone is that it somehow 'mutes' itself after a while, but the player continues to play. Not sure why, but i had to disconnect/reconnect pretty frequently. Anyone had this issue? Using iPhone 7+ and Kaisertone.

Another small 'issue' is the sampling rate. Though I read on some other thread that the ball isn't capable of outputting a pure white color while playing DSD, I can't help but to find the light purple very similar to the 768 light shown in the manual. Anyone managed to make it show pure white?

Edit: I solved the mystery of the white ball shortly after posting. The light setting must be set to the brighter setting and seen from roughly 45 degrees with the headphone jacks facing you. LOL!

Still need help with the random 'mutes' though...
Like many others here, I also sometimes have this issue with my iPhone 7. However I don't need to disconnect the Mojo, I just press pause for a few seconds, then play, and the music comes back on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back