Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 8, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #32,147 of 42,765
Hereby a suggestion for people looking for a case and want something different for their Mojo:

I have contacted an artisan (Bones artisan) on Etsy if she could make me a case. I gave her the dimensions of the Mojo and creative freedom. She made something very special: IMG_20170506_161150.jpg

May 8, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #32,148 of 42,765
Thanks for the information, I'll keep it 2V (1.9V) from now on, the volume is just perfect with a little adjustement from the amp knob and the clarity and overall musicality of this little thing amazes me every time... :)

It really does punch way above it's weight doesn't it.

I don't think there's any doubt the Mojo is going into the sub USD500 HiFi Hall of Fame :)

I would even put it in the sub USD1000 HiFi Hall of Fame !

May 8, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #32,150 of 42,765
Hereby a suggestion for people looking for a case and want something different for their Mojo:

I have contacted an artisan (Bones artisan) on Etsy if she could make me a case. I gave her the dimensions of the Mojo and creative freedom. She made something very special:

Looks unique for sure! Could you post some more picturesof it at different angles? :sunglasses:

May 8, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #32,153 of 42,765
Bit late to the party, but just got a Mojo...

Compared to my Ibasso DX90, through Westone 4R's, it sounds just a little nicer. Not earth shattering by any means, but just a touch more detail or clarity.

However...

I thought this had an amp that would "drive any headphones". Using my Fidelio X1's, it sounds thin and muddled. No deep bass, poor detail, poor treble, blah blah. And yes, I know, X1's are budget headphones. BUT, set the mojo to line-out, and connect my Meier Audio Quickstep amp, and, well, the X1s are astonishing. I just can't stop listening. Deep bass has reappeared, treble exploding in minute detail - and so on.

My point seems to be that the mojo is not the be-all-and-end-all. Or, my X1's really need a decent amp. Either way, the advice on the first page of this thread is a bit out:

Meir Audio quickstep: This amp did not alter the sound but to me there is no point in pairing it with quickstep as Mojo alone offers far more volume than paired with quickstep.

May 8, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #32,155 of 42,765
Huuu, after talking with Apple support they aren't very forthcoming.

Leave feedback saying it's a problem here on iOS 10.3: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Even though the problem doesn't personally affect me(Since I'm running a slightly older version), I have submitted feedback for the behalf of others in hopes that apple gets enough complaints to actually fix this problem.

May 8, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #32,157 of 42,765
do anyone tried mojo with xduoo? it sounds warm in a good way. Listening with HD800SDR right now

May 8, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #32,158 of 42,765

Compared to my Ibasso DX90, through Westone 4R's, it sounds just a little nicer. Not earth shattering by any means, but just a touch more detail or clarity.

However...

I thought this had an amp that would "drive any headphones". Using my Fidelio X1's, it sounds thin and muddled. No deep bass, poor detail, poor treble, blah blah. And yes, I know, X1's are budget headphones. BUT, set the mojo to line-out, and connect my Meier Audio Quickstep amp, and, well, the X1s are astonishing. I just can't stop listening. Deep bass has reappeared, treble exploding in minute detail - and so on.

My point seems to be that the mojo is not the be-all-and-end-all. Or, my X1's really need a decent amp. Either way, the advice on the first page of this thread is a bit out:
Something I found useful when using this particular pairing is that I put the volume on my DX90 to max. You want make it go into 'line out' so that the control is solely on the Mojo and not dependant on the DX90.

Or.....maybe you've done that. Just my 2 cents.

May 9, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #32,160 of 42,765

However...

It drives my hd650 & k612 flawlessly so you shouldn't be having problems with X1 its only 30ohms...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back