Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 4, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #31,546 of 42,765
  Thanks a lot and apologies if someone was disturbed by the question.
It was a genuine one and Ithought it could have been of common interest. No intent to spam!

too subjective a question...just go onto ebay, hifishark, audiogon, even the classifieds here with a search.
find the average price and offer yours lower.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #31,547 of 42,765

etysmile.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #31,548 of 42,765
I did a fresh install Friday night, which hasn't stopped it happening but it's definitely slowed the issue down a bit. Took my Mojo for a 7 hour overtime stint at work Saturday. It stopped 17 times in those hours. Still annoying. But I can get through the odd track now. Can't figure out why it's affecting genuine CCK's too

I'm having the same problem. Just bought an Apple refurbished iPad Air 2 and, unaware of the problem, I upgraded to iOS 10.3 and now it suddenly goes silent, randomly, about every 10 - 15 minutes or so. I have an Apple CCK and i'm using the Onkyo player to play HD files via the Mojo. Didn't have this problem with my old set up (iPhone 5s). Pretty sure it's due to the system upgrade. Currently rather pi**ed off.

Edited to add that I find just stopping play back and unplugging the cable seems to cure it. Still very annoying.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #31,549 of 42,765
I too am having the same problems - annoying and does not inspire confidence to potential Hugo2 purchasers.

Apple released 10.3.1 update last night - lets see if anything improved

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #31,550 of 42,765

I'm having the same problem. Just bought an Apple refurbished iPad Air 2 and, unaware of the problem, I upgraded to iOS 10.3 and now it suddenly goes silent, randomly, about every 10 - 15 minutes or so. I have an Apple CCK and i'm using the Onkyo player to play HD files via the Mojo. Didn't have this problem with my old set up (iPhone 5s). Pretty sure it's due to the system upgrade. Currently rather pi**ed off.

Edited to add that I find just stopping play back and unplugging the cable seems to cure it. Still very annoying.

I too am having the same problems - annoying and does not inspire confidence to potential Hugo2 purchasers.

I'm using 10.2.1 on an iPad Air 1, should I hold off on updating it to 10.3.1?

Please report if the issue has been fixed in the latest update.

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #31,553 of 42,765

I'm using 10.2.1 on an iPad Air 1, should I hold off on updating it to 10.3.1?

Please report if the issue has been fixed in the latest update.

I updated my iPad Air 2 to 10.3.1 and ran it for an hour this evening. It's better but not quite cured yet. The issue happened once after about ten minutes. I stopped playback, unplugged the USB cable from the CCK and reconnected and, since then it's worked ok. Further testing needed I think... I'd stick with what you have for now if it's working okay.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #31,554 of 42,765
  hello all,

i'm leaning towards pairing my chord mojo with a set of focal alpha 50s, but not knowing my way around these sorts of things too well, i'm still a bit lost on the particulars.

two things:

|first, in terms of price point, are the alpha 50s about as good as I can get in the 500-600ish range? or would I need to spend more to get the most out of the mojo?
|second,

is this true? will I need to buy some sort of passive preamp in order to rig it like so:
laptop > mojo (via dual rca) > alphas?

You could use mojo in a $10,000 system and it wouldnt sound out of place. buy the best active speakers you can afford.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #31,556 of 42,765

I can confirm that the 10.3.1 update does, in fact, prevent the Mojo from working with the iPhone SE and Apple's own Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. It would be helpful if users with this issue could state the which model iPhone or iPad and Lightning cable they are using. This will help other readers determine which devices are and are not affected. 

Apple needs to be slammed for issuing updates that were not fully tested and prevent peripherals from working with the Lightning port. Given that Apple made the decision to eliminate ports and force manufacturers, app developers, and customers to use Lightning and USB Type-C adapters, they in turn must do a better job testing updates. These reckless updates will severely hurt the third party manufacturers who spent billions of dollars across various industries to develop and produce devices to work with the Lightning cable. Your post is one of many I have read tonight from customers that are losing confidence in the devices they purchased or plan to purchase-- and I feel the same way. I imagine for a business owner like John Franks it is especially frustrating knowing Apple has instantly rendered his products useless for many owners.

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #31,558 of 42,765

I can confirm that the 10.3.1 update does, in fact, prevent the Mojo from working with the iPhone SE and Apple's own Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. It would be helpful if users with this issue could state the which model iPhone or iPad and Lightning cable they are using. This will help other readers determine which devices are and are not affected. 

Apple needs to be slammed for issuing updates that were not fully tested and prevent peripherals from working with the Lightning port. Given that Apple made the decision to eliminate ports and force manufacturers, app developers, and customers to use Lightning and USB Type-C adapters, they in turn must do a better job testing updates. These reckless updates will severely hurt the third party manufacturers who spent billions of dollars across various industries to develop and produce devices to work with the Lightning cable. Your post is one of many I have read tonight from customers that are losing confidence in the devices they purchased or plan to purchase-- and I feel the same way. I imagine for a business owner like John Franks it is especially frustrating knowing Apple has instantly rendered his products useless for many owners.

The issue may be only with the original CCK - my USB3CCK works fine with 10.3.1 on iPhone 6s Plus w/Mojo.
It seems that the USB3CCK is being properly supported, original appears not to be right now.

As far as USB C, the Apple USB C to USB adapter has worked flawlessly to date.

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #31,559 of 42,765
In case anyone's interested...my "around the house" system - battery bank powered Raspberry Pi running Picoreplayer, controlled from a web page or phone app (Orange Squeeze). Local music and streaming (Tidal, Spotify, BBC etc) via LMS server running on an Odroid U3 with music stored on a NAS.

Connected to the Mojo and HD600s makes for a rather lovely listening experience!

(please excuse the velcro - need to find a better way to hold the Mojo to a phone/M1 when I'm out and about....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back