Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 5, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #31,576 of 42,765

Hmm thanks, thats a bit pricier than the other one, but if it works better, might be the way to go. Just want something that I can store all my music on, usb out (hopefully without resampling) and have bt or some other option so I can play spotify.

Shanling M1 seems to be very popular.

Cayin N3 is another popular one...if its available yet

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #31,578 of 42,765

Cayin N3 is another popular one...if its available yet

Thanks for the suggestion. DAPs are totally unfamiliar territory to me since I was just planning to use the mojo with my phone, but I am finding there are some issues and limitations I would rather overcome. The N3 looks like its pretty much exactly what I would be looking for. Something that I use with the mojo, or for ease of use, just use by itself and still have good audio quality.

Im liking what Im reading about it, and it seems to be available through a reseller on amazon...

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #31,579 of 42,765

Hmm thanks, thats a bit pricier than the other one, but if it works better, might be the way to go. Just want something that I can store all my music on, usb out (hopefully without resampling) and have bt or some other option so I can play spotify.

I returned my Shanling because I didn't like the "jog" wheel (it rests against the Mojo). I also think the AP60 sounds better than the Shanling when used "Stand Alone". I'm not sure why you'd want Digital out... as the AP60 will push DSD over to the Mojo via USB. You can even connect it to your PC/Phone and use the AP60 as a USB DAC.

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #31,581 of 42,765
  Just get an android phone...

Hard to find an Android phone in this form factor. I used a spare Sony Xperia Z3v... and that was HUGE compared to the Mojo. This is a nice little stack for less than $100. The only thing missing on this is WiFi, but you can pair your phone to it.. so no real need at that point. The one thing I didn't like about using a phone was the static I was getting if I forgot to turn off the GSM/GPRS antennas. 

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #31,583 of 42,765
  I returned my Shanling because I didn't like the "jog" wheel (it rests against the Mojo). I also think the AP60 sounds better than the Shanling when used "Stand Alone". I'm not sure why you'd want Digital out... as the AP60 will push DSD over to the Mojo via USB. You can even connect it to your PC/Phone and use the AP60 as a USB DAC.

I may be using the terminology wrong here, but what I meant is just that if I want to bypass internal processing and let the mojo do it all via digital/usb, then I can do that. Thats what I meant. Sorry if I used that incorrectly, but if I can just pass the music directly via usb to the mojo, that would be perfect. No processing, no resampling. Did you think I meant digital via coax? Though I dont really know if one is better or worse. The cayin n3 just looks like a more full featured player, so might be the ticket to me, though it looks like that would be coax to the mojo and not usb, but if I want to use it standalone it looks like it might be a better option.

Just get an android phone...

I have an android phone, but its not perfect. The main issue is that I just have very limited storage and no sd card slot. So a separate player would mean that I would never have to worry about storage or potentially losing features if or when I upgrade my phone. And with bluetooth capability, I can do all my streaming, albeit with a small potential hit to quality. This would also mean I dont have to keep my phone connected to the mojo during playback. Though it is an extra item to carry around, I dont mind. I could charge my phone during playback too, which would be nice. In terms of audio quality, I often get dropouts and small pops, that I think is related to androids direct usb audio output. Add to the fact that I can often hear noise and interference from the cell radio, it just seems like a relatively inexpensive external player would be a nice addition to my setup.

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #31,587 of 42,765
Mojo love!

sDJYsPE.jpg

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #31,588 of 42,765
I sent Chord support an email about two weeks ago, but haven't heard back yet. Is this normal? Or should I send another email? Thanks for the help.

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #31,589 of 42,765
  Sony Xperia Z3Compact - running the older 4.4.4 Android to avoid the upsampling that Android brought in later.  Decent size and will take 256 micro SD card... oh, and apt-x bluetooth if you ever need it...

Do you know if that Sony Xperia smartphone works with standard OTG cables, or does it require a custom Sony cable?

Also, does it support installing and running UAPP?

Thanks,
David Baldock 

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #31,590 of 42,765
  I sent Chord support an email about two weeks ago, but haven't heard back yet. Is this normal? Or should I send another email? Thanks for the help.

Who knows. Just give them a call on +44 1622 721444 and ask. I am sure they would prefer that, rather than have their failure to respond to you for two weeks discussed on an internet forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back