Feb 7, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #30,137 of 42,765
  i am using powered near field monitors, too:

to use the chord (or dragonfly) in preamp/dac mode first
get a 3.5 to dual rca adapter to run from the mojo 
(also called a 1/8'')
...and run some quality cables

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/adapters/index.htm
see very bottom under 'adapters' ...audioquest makes one, too:

i'm using blue jeans LC...company has a good reputation without the voodoo $$$.
but there are TONS of cables out there....careful as you can quickly go down a 'twilight zone' $$$ wormhole.

i'm using the LC1 by bluejean cables.
7ft w shipping about $US70 or so.
https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm

pardon my lack of the particulars:
is there any reason to use xlr vs rca?

is an adapter necessary?
i had always thought i'd just buy an xlr or rca cable and connect it from the 1/8 jack to the speaker, the f5.
why the need for an adapter?

maybe i'm reading too much into this, but i'm not actually activating preamp/dac mode on the mojo am i?
what other mode is there?

again, pardon my ig.

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #30,138 of 42,765
pardon my lack of the particulars:
is there any reason to use xlr vs rca?

is an adapter necessary?
i had always thought i'd just buy an xlr or rca cable and connect it from the 1/8 jack to the speaker, the f5.
why the need for an adapter?

maybe i'm reading too much into this, but i'm not actually activating preamp/dac mode on the mojo am i?
what other mode is there?

again, pardon my ig.

I don't think I understand your question. These 2 connections are totally different.

What type of connections do your speakers have?

If if doesn't fit, it doesn't work :)

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #30,139 of 42,765
I don't think I understand your question. These 2 connections are totally different.

What type of connections do your speakers have?

If if doesn't fit, it doesn't work
smily_headphones1.gif

yes THIS..my apologies for not being clear...there are xlr and rca...depends on speaker imputs.
my speakers have both...i went RCA

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #30,140 of 42,765
I have my cck cable. Suggestions on a good usb cable for my mojo and iPhone? Under 50 bucks thanks.

get the extender kit... trust me ...way worth it over an additional cable
OR get a specialized cable from moon audio or penon that mimics both a cck and the additional cable.
price is both the same: about US$100

connection often breaks with 2 cables...been there done that

I ordered both of these cables a couple days ago:

http://penonaudio.com/Lightning-Pure-Silver-Decoding-Cable

http://penonaudio.com/L19-Lightning-to-Micro-USB?search=Lightning%20usb

I'll let you guys know what I think when they come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #30,141 of 42,765

yes THIS..my apologies for not being clear...there are xlr and rca...depends on speaker imputs.
my speakers have both...i went RCA

I found this. It might be helpful. By coincidence the company is called "The Chord Company"

They have some info about RCA vs XLR.

http://www.chord.co.uk/help-and-information/xlr-vs-rca/

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #30,143 of 42,765
Following up on the topic of (excessive) volume, the Washington Post just posted an article on a CDC report. Hearing loss is a real thing and very wide spread.

It is especially insidious because you don't sense it until it's too late. Not unlike the frog in the slowly warming pot of water...

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #30,146 of 42,765
Anyone have suggestions on a micro USB for my iPhone out of the mojo? Sorry just need a decent cable under 50 I have my cck already. Don't need other types of cables just a solid micro USB for my mojo. Thanks

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #30,148 of 42,765
So with the release of the Hugo 2 we should see quite a few original Hugo's go up for sale. Would it be worth trading the Mojo for a Hugo? Anyone that has owned both for a while care to comment on the sounds differences?

I'm debating with myself now. Do I grab a Poly? Do I go for a second hand Hugo? Or do I just go all out and get a Hugo 2? I felt a bit bonkers buying my Elears, spending £1k more on a Hugo 2 is going to be something else entirely.

Hugo is clearly better to me than Mojo in all areas. If between Mojo and Hugo, I'd get the used Hugo. But then again when Hugo2 comes out you'll wanna get the Hugo 2 so id just wait and get the latest if reviews are good. (Highly doubt reviews will be bad.)

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #30,149 of 42,765
I've been looking at ways to resist buying it too soon, because I've already spent so much lately.

Oh, lookie! You have an Elear too. Just got mine yesterday.

Talk about paranoid... The day I get it, I have a nightmare about headphone bandits raiding the house and stealing the Elear! In the dream, I tracked them down and got it back. I remember screaming, "How dare you!" hahaha

The other night, I had a dream I was sitting in a classroom listening to an HD 650. Guess that means I miss it...and possibly school too. (Haven't been in college since 2006.)

I guess you weren't following the conversation. I posted a photo of headphones with the Mojo. One was connected to it with a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. Then someone mentioned that it was recommended to use an adapter with a wire separating the two ends instead of the solid adapter I use.

You may also remember how back when I had a Schiit stack (Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2), I was not able to tell it apart from the headphone outputs of my laptop with easier to drive headphones. This makes my experience last night even more significant. I bet plenty of people would think that "trash" sound was just fine if they hadn't heard Chord before.

Ah, I see. Well, when I plug it in, the plugs are indeed so large that they rest on the table, so they don't pull down on the Mojo. I'm not worried at all.

Schiit gear have always been gobs of power low quality gear in my experience.

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #30,150 of 42,765
So where I live chord poly cost more than chord mojo. 

http://www.apollohifi.com.au/chord-electronics-poly-network-module-for-mojo-preorder-now.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back