Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 7, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #26,926 of 42,773
Dec 7, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #26,928 of 42,773
Sorry my cute little Mojo is now charging, listening to its bigger brother... Very enjoyable! :upside_down:

Y3x4WfM.jpg

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #26,929 of 42,773
Dec 7, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #26,930 of 42,773
Dec 7, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #26,932 of 42,773
If Chord releases a DAP for Mojo it will be very interesting to see. I see a lot of companies doing there first User interfaces software typically have issues. However this is Chord. Might be why it took so long or will it be a simple UI with no touch screen.

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #26,933 of 42,773
  My Mojo has been shutting down on its own again. Blinking white for 1 second then 3 short red blinks then repeats that until it shuts down.
I've tried 2 different USB cables to charge from my PC and also a 1.2A wall charger.

It's also not thermal throttling since the thing isn't warm.

Sometimes when I keep replugging the charging cable it stays on and shows white light non blinking. But then after like 10 hours or so goes back to retard mode and shuts down and starts blinking. (To clarify the blinking is the battery light not the balls)

Any help appreciated...

Same thing just started happening to me...
Using an Anker charger here.
Out of nowhere it shuts down and the charging led starts blinking. If I replug, the charging led doesn't blink and the mojo will work for some time just to randomly shut down and blink at some point...

Add me to this shutting down list.. I have used multiple cables and chargers, I think this could be battery issue.. if I don't get solution.. it might be time to contact Chord.

My usage scenario for the Mojo is:
USB audio from Windows PC & USB power from charger (tried multiple chargers including Anker PowerPort 5) > MOJO set to 3V > output 1 to headphone amplifier & output 2 to active speakers (both outputs used at the same time)

This worked for a few months but, as previously said in one of the quoted posts "Out of nowhere it shuts down and the charging led starts blinking. If I replug, the charging led doesn't blink and the mojo will work for some time just to randomly shut down and blink at some point..."

Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

I did another test that might help with diagnosing the issue. I left Mojo turned off (with all the cables plugged in) for a couple of days in order for it to charge. Yesterday, with the aircon turned on (to avoid thermal shutdown) , I started using it again. After 7 or 8 hours it shut down and the charging led was blinking. When I tried to turn it on it turned off almost instantly and it had little to no battery left. It's like the Mojo doesn't charge while turned on...

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #26,934 of 42,773
My usage scenario for the Mojo is:
USB audio from Windows PC & USB power from charger (tried multiple chargers including Anker PowerPort 5) > MOJO set to 3V > output 1 to headphone amplifier & output 2 to active speakers (both outputs used at the same time)

This worked for a few months but, as previously said in one of the quoted posts "Out of nowhere it shuts down and the charging led starts blinking. If I replug, the charging led doesn't blink and the mojo will work for some time just to randomly shut down and blink at some point..."

Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

I did another test that might help with diagnosing the issue. I left Mojo turned off (with all the cables plugged in) for a couple of days in order for it to charge. Yesterday, with the aircon turned on (to avoid thermal shutdown) , I started using it again. After 7 or 8 hours it shut down and the charging led was blinking. When I tried to turn it on it turned off almost instantly and it had little to no battery left. It's like the Mojo doesn't charge while turned on...

According to description:
1. Charger is most probably not providing enough current (1A).
You may check it by using an USB multimeter.
2. Battery is probably fine since you are able to reach 7-8hours after several days of charge.
3.You need to check your headphones'amplifier & active speaker's input impedance since you are using both simultaneously.

Rgds.

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #26,935 of 42,773
According to description:
1. Charger is most probably not providing enough current (1A).
You may check it by using an USB multimeter.
2. Battery is probably fine since you are able to reach 7-8hours after several days of charge.
3.You need to check your headphones'amplifier & active speaker's input impedance since you are using both simultaneously.

Rgds.

Thank you for the response, please see my reply below.
1. I tried with three different chargers with >1A that worked before so I don't think this is the problem
3. I used the exact same setup for months without turning off Mojo and it worked. What could change?

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #26,936 of 42,773

Sorry to hear of your problems. Your experience is in sharp contrast to the quick responses that everyone else seems to receive from Chord. I am confident that you will receive a response very soon. 

Sent a question to Chord two weeks ago about technical problems - haven't got a reply yet.

Did you email Chord or Chord Electronics?

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #26,937 of 42,773
[/B]
1. I tried with three different chargers with >1A that worked before so I don't think this is the problem
3. I used the exact same setup for months without turning off Mojo and it worked. What could change?

1. Ok. Personally I would then use an USB multimeter to know the current provided to or requested from Mojo.
Those testers are cheap 3-20USD.

2. Ok no change with the items connected. Any change in the way you are powering them? Same AC plug, with without ground, etc...If no change, sorry I have no more suggestions.

Additional question: you wrote that during few months you never or almost never switch Off Mojo,correct?

I have a similar setting except that I connect only one output, and switch off Mojo when not in use. I have been using it since one year with no issue.

Rgds.

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #26,938 of 42,773
I think I am going to buy another Mojo on Amazon de. However when I try it increases the price.

It starts off being about £360 (421 euros), which immediately becomes £365 when going through checkout. Then there's no free delivery, and the final total comes to £380. OK it's a £20 saving compared to UK prices, but that's not the point. The reason I would buy from Amazon.de this time is because there are no Mojos right now on Amazon.uk. Well non that are Prime - Fullfilled by Amazon. I always buy items that are marked Prime.

I wonder if I will end up with a Mojo with a serial number between headphone ports, because it comes from abroad. I think I should still buy it though.

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #26,939 of 42,773
Dec 7, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #26,940 of 42,773
  I found a cheap music player that does 192KHz-24bit, and supports 2x128GB cards. Poor display though, and no idea if it transmits data out through the micro-USB port.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G1PCWL2/ref=s9_simh_hd_bw_b2P9w_p107_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=SN2CND3BJ5VEKFVGG2X5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=59b1ffcd-b91e-58a2-b3aa-ba566efd7154&pf_rd_i=573372

The sixth customer review does not sound very promising.
'I bought this about a month and a half ago and enjoyed it for a little while, however, over the last month it has become increasingly difficult to charge, at first not working from the computer, then having to charge from the wall (this doesn't always work) and generally malfunctioning whenever I need to charge it (which is pretty often). It's also worth mentioning that the metal finish rubs off VERY Quickly. Not too impressed for £75.

EDIT: Its now been two months since I bought this piece of crap and it's completely clapped out, waste of money!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back