Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 16, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #24,166 of 42,765
Guys, I might end up buying HD800 sooner because I just feel of having hugeeee soundstage and neutral sounding. Need to save some bucks first though.

Question here, can Mojo drive HD800 in a good way?
yes I have a pair of hd800s and they sound fantastic through the Mojo I have had the MOJO for one year the hd800s for 4 years. The combination sounds that good that I have changed my cable to a 3.5 mil terminated Jack purely for the MOJO. My hd800s have been modified to produce more bass and a smoother treble response . The chord mojo complements this perfectly .

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #24,167 of 42,765
Anyone else run into quality control issues with their mojo? I just received mine in the mail a couple of days ago and just noticed that there are gouges in the metal around the volume down ball. It is all coated, so it looks like the metal was that way when they coated it and then put it together and sent it out that way.

This is a $700 CAD device that I paid for so I expected more, plus it also hurts resale value, due to the look.

Mind sharing the pictures with us about the gouge found around the colour balls ?

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #24,169 of 42,765
Oct 16, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #24,170 of 42,765
Hey guys and gals of Head Fi: I am new here just 6 months. I have bought a lots of gear this year. Some good, some awful all based on hype from Head Fi. Some just like heaven. I came to HK last Thursday local time and picked up the Grado GS 2000e. I am just on the 3rd day of burn in. I brought the Mojo with me this time and not the AQ Dragonfly RED since I know I will be at burn in. But in only 3 days time the Mojo and the 2000e has such a synergy it's amazing. Tomorrow I will go back to Saigon. Can't wait to listen to the new HP with the Mojo and the Violectric. This Mojo is a heaven buy.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #24,171 of 42,765
Would be nice to see Chord release a "mojo interface" in the future, which features nothing but a screen, a coaxial out, and a sd card reader.
Now i use an extra dap to make mojo work, the redundant dac part and phone out just doesnt make sense.
Or better, a mojo palyer that intergrates interface would be the very end game for me.

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #24,174 of 42,765
Mind sharing the pictures with us about the gouge found around the colour balls ?

Sure. I've had this for four days now. I had it in a felt pocket with a usb cable otherwise it hasn't rubbed up against anything potentially hard. Those marks are not possible from a USB cable, and if it had been that you would see the bare metal not the coating you see over those marks.

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #24,175 of 42,765
  Would this cable work iPhone>Mojo?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-in-1-USB-3-1-Type-C-to-Lightning-Micro-USB-2x-USB-A-Female-For-Macbook-Iphone-/172233486779?var=&hash=item2819ea71bb:m:m81pZR8NB1aEnFO5-Md-8nA

The cable you are asking about does not appear to include an MFI chip (nor would one expect it to, since the cable is so cheap)

Broadly-speaking, Apple devices require an MFI chip in the connection cable, or they won't send digital data to Mojo.

There are some 3rd-party cables which take an MFI chip from an Apple CCK (Camera Connection Kit), and so they will successfully connect an Apple device to Mojo.

Or, the standard way is to buy a genuine Apple Camera Connection Kit and then connect that to a USB->microUSB cable and then to Mojo. So that means using 2 cables, whereas the 3rd-party MFI-chip cables will connect an iDevice to Mojo with just one cable.

This is all described in post #3 (as mentioned in the title of this thread!), under the section on connecting various devices to Mojo.

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #24,176 of 42,765
I need some advice. Got a mojo on Friday, so far works fine by optical into ak120 but when I try to connect it to my android phone (htc10) it doesn't work. I get a quick flash of light on the mojo but that's it. The phone only registers the mojo as a charging device. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #24,177 of 42,765
I need some advice. Got a mojo on Friday, so far works fine by optical into ak120 but when I try to connect it to my android phone (htc10) it doesn't work. I get a quick flash of light on the mojo but that's it. The phone only registers the mojo as a charging device. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Has the HTC 10 been confirmed to output USB audio? Apparently, some HTC devices have restrictions (which is not Mojos fault):

Can anyone help me to use my htc One as a transport? I have a micro usb otg cable but do i need to set the phone up somehow to get it outputting a digital signal.

HTC one as ? One max ? M7 , M8 ?
As far as my HTC one max is concerned , it doesn't audio output via usb . Even though it's on firmware version 5.02 .

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #24,179 of 42,765
No idea I'm afraid but I've also tried another phone I have and it's the same thing.

Please be more detailed in exactly what symptoms you are experiencing.

For example, do you get any messages like 'Error in initializing USB System' ?

What is this mysterious 'other phone' you've tried?
wink.gif
  he more information you can provide, the more chance of someone being able to help.

Also, please check this UAPP compatibility list for your other device (HTC 10 is not yet listed), because although it is not essential to use UAPP, the list may provide useful clues. For example, it mentions that several HTC devices are not compatible with UAPP:

http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/technology/usb-audio-driver

Are you definitely using an OTG compatible microUSB cable?

If you are using an OTG compatible cable, have you made sure to connect the OTG end of the cable to the handset? (this is important)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back