Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 7, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #23,716 of 42,765
Spotify is 16/44.1 so the button should be red. Your source (Android?) is upsampling. Please read the third post of this thread for information about upsampling and why it's better to feed the Mojo a bit perfect signal. Or search the thread for upsampling, you'll likely get hundreds of hits as it's been covered hundreds of times.
wink.gif

Um, Spotify isn't 16/44.1 to the best of my knowledge. Only TIDAL streaming is CD quality (in the US at least). Which is why I pay extra for it. 

From Spotify's website: 

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/What-bitrate-does-Spotify-use-for-streaming/

Oct 7, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #23,717 of 42,765
Its OGG vorbis 320kbps but of course its still 16/44.1 just lossy.
  Um, Spotify isn't 16/44.1 to the best of my knowledge. Only TIDAL streaming is CD quality (in the US at least). Which is why I pay extra for it. 

From Spotify's website: 

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/What-bitrate-does-Spotify-use-for-streaming/

Oct 7, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #23,718 of 42,765
May be useful info to some (like me!) Qobuz is now integrated into UAPP so an alternative to Tidal for bit perfect use with Mojo.

CD quality streaming means I can play back my purchases (on wifi) from them without cluttering up space on my SD card
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #23,722 of 42,765
I wish there was a different alternative to Cd quality streaming other than Tidal for mojo. Was hoping something a little cheaper

UAPP now has qobuz streaming available in addition to tidal. Not sure if it's cheaper though.

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #23,723 of 42,765

Having a weird problem with my Mojo.

When I am browsing the internet and listening to music, I get an issue when I save a page to favourites. When I click, 'Add To Favourites' on a website, my Mojo sometimes stutters and stops playing music. I can't get music going again, so I have to quit JRiver and re-start it.

It's not like my PC is underpowered either: really worrying bug.

Please any advice?

How is this a Mojo issue? Just curious because all the Mojo does is play a bit stream as it receives it. If there is a pause or stuttering it's something on the source side. Have you tested with any other DAC? Also, playing music and other PC software interactions quite often result in hiccups, no matter the horsepower of the machine. That's why Audirvana+ for Mac (what I use) has settings for a 'hog' mode to play music as a priority to avoid this sort of stuff from happening. I will note that my over spec'd Mac can't output DSD128 and above without stuttering. It's an OSX issue with the latest releases, the joys of computer audio. I don't use a PC for music playback but perhaps you can see if JRiver has a system priority setting.

Yes it's only when using Mojo. My other DACs are not affected.

Very unusual behaviour. My poor Mojo.

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #23,725 of 42,765
 Anybody, who is planning to buy a quality usb cable to use with Mojo, do not buy Audioquest Cinnamon for this purpose. The plug just won't fit in Mojo's socket, the connection will be loose. Any other cable seem to work fine, except the Cinnamon.

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #23,726 of 42,765
Anybody who has the extender module- can you check and see if you are able to charge the Mojo through the battery port on the extender unit? Mine does not seem to work, so I'm wondering if I got a dud or what.

I have tried to charge my Mojo twice through the extender module. It failed the first time. The USB cable must be placed perfectly in the extender unit in order for the Mojo to charge.

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #23,727 of 42,765
Planning to buy a Mojo next week, and considering ordering a Lavricable lightning connector to use with my iPhone as it seems a neater/simpler solution than using the CCK connector, however having read through quite a lot of this thread (but definitely not all!), there seem to have been some issues as a result of recent iOS updates? Looking for some more info about this, (i.e. is it fully resolved?) and general comments about this cable.

wait before ordering the Lavricable, let's see if others confirm/deny first:

picked up my Mojo, iPhone and Lavricable today, connected everything as usual and... the iPhone (tried Korg and CanOpener) can't see the Mojo anymore: only available output is "Speaker" :-/
has Apple blocked third party chips in iOS 10?

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #23,728 of 42,765
  wait before ordering the Lavricable, let's see if others confirm/deny first:

picked up my Mojo, iPhone and Lavricable today, connected everything as usual and... the iPhone (tried Korg and CanOpener) can't see the Mojo anymore: only available output is "Speaker" :-/
has Apple blocked third party chips in iOS 10?

My Mojo works fine on my iPhone 7 and so does my Dragonfly Red so I would say no.

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #23,729 of 42,765

My Mojo works fine on my iPhone 7 and so does my Dragonfly Red so I would say no.

ok, thanks, I'll try once more :-/
just... which cable are you using between iphone and Mojo?

Edit: just tried once more using the lightning/micro USB Lavricable and doesn't work with either my iPhone 6s and iPad Air both running iOS 10.0.2
Mojo works fine, via USB, using stock cable and connected to a Mac or Aries

so... Lavricable or iOS are the culprit here. or both :-/

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #23,730 of 42,765

j river even when simply streaming bit perfect wav or dop , it takes much more memory than foobar that's why performing other operations with j river can cause problems. I use foobar for music and j river only for movies.

Like these? 
blink.gif

Oh oh oh I am surely no cineaste at all (actually far from that) but know what film(s) these gifs are from. I also remember the scene of the left gif really well.

Add a little red to my picture below and it kind of matches the film poster of the film(s) the gifs are from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back