Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 7, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #23,731 of 42,765
ok, thanks, I'll try once more :-/
just... which cable are you using between iphone and Mojo?

Edit: just tried once more using the lightning/micro USB Lavricable and doesn't work with either my iPhone 6s and iPad Air both running iOS 10.0.2
Mojo works fine, via USB, using stock cable and connected to a Mac or Aries

so... Lavricable or iOS are the culprit here. or both :-/

Does Lavricable say that they are using MFi Cerfified chips in the cable?

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #23,736 of 42,765
ok, thanks, I'll try once more :-/
just... which cable are you using between iphone and Mojo?

Apple CCK and normal micro USB cable

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #23,737 of 42,765
Um, Spotify isn't 16/44.1 to the best of my knowledge. Only TIDAL streaming is CD quality (in the US at least). Which is why I pay extra for it. 

From Spotify's website: 

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/What-bitrate-does-Spotify-use-for-streaming/

Two different things. Bit rate does not equal bit depth.

The lossy compression needs a target file size or else why bother so they measure it in Kbps (Kilo Bits Per Second). Bit depth is the word length of the file and sampling rate is the amount of times the music is sampled per second in kHz. The link you showed me is simply saying what lossy compression data rate Spotify uses. It's still 16bit/44.1 kHz.

Lossy from Spotify does not equal lossless from Tidal in bit rate but they are both 16/44.1 (typically).

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #23,743 of 42,765
 Got ifi iematch for hiss, as I can hear it with my Zeus.... I don't like the Ifi iematch, it just changes sound, true... The little hiss that was, is no more... But at the drop in slam and overall quality. I don't like thr ifi iematch and will be returning it promptly

iematch probably increases the wire resistance so that the speakers is less sensitve (to minimize the output stage noise). Since Zeus is tuned at its default impedance, the sound will surely suffer if the input impedance is changed.

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #23,745 of 42,765

Dont worry, if i use my mojo on windows 10 via roon and load up youtube page it stutters and then i get loud static glitchy sounds. love windows! 

Zero issues with Windows, any flash games, youtube, soundcloud, etc, DirectX games, and DSD64 via my W4S USB to SPDIF transport and even DSD256 via USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back