Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 15, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #22,726 of 42,765
Comparing Chord Mojo with Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus (~500$ desktop amp dac) and yeah the soundstage of the Mojo isn't as open and layered sounding also not quite the same amount of sub bass (maybe 0.5db less), but it's more focused and detailed with clearer edges around things. Also the Mojo is a little bit smoother sounding which overall is better sounding to me... However this made me itch for upgrade that would give best of both worlds... It never ends.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #22,727 of 42,765
So I finally picked up the mojo. Bought it from Audio Sanctuary in the UK.. They had it for 332.50 lbs which came out to $450. Not a bad price.

http://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/chord-electronics/

Upon first listen, bass seems to be pretty light. I hope this resolves itself upon burn in. It is really open sounding though. It took a while to get it connected to my android. Worked flawlessly out of the sony zx2 the first time. 

I stream mostly tidal hifi. I would like eq though, which tidal doesn't have. I've read about amarra for tidal, which is only for mac it seemsl. Does anyone have experience with it on the phone using eq? Does it work? Are they other alternatives?

Just got the zx2 a couple of weeks ago, now the mojo. If the mojo's bass doesn't improve, I'm going to sell it. I have too much gear and need to start selling some off.

Hey. You have a lot of headphones. I would not give up on Mojo quickly. Spend lots of time with some of your gear. With your arsenal and EQ, the possibilities are vast, if not realistically endless.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #22,728 of 42,765
I have been whinning around in this thread about my AQ Cinnamon cable not having a proper firm connection with Mojo.
Chord said, they use standard ports. I believe them.
So as a next step I wrote AQ, saying it is not only me experiencing the same loose connection issue with their Cinnamon cable and Mojo (another thread member has verified my issue previously, look back).

This is, what AQ answered:

"Unfortunately every manufacturer makes their products to a tolerance, and these tolerances can very.  In addition it is not uncommon to find a jack on the upper edge of its tolerance and a plug on the lower end  of its tolerance – or vice versa – which results in a fit that feels loose or tight.

If you complete & return the attached form we will arrange a replacement for you."

Unfortunately only after this answer we have realised, I am writing to the U.S. AQ center, instead of the U.K. one, where I am based.
So, the latest answer is that my request has been forwarded to U.K. headquaters. 

Cant wait for the next step. :)

EDIT: UK answer came in a few minutes. Send my cable back for replacement, and fill out the form they have attached.

Before doing so I have asked them if it means they will send me the same just new cable with the same issues, or a full refund. Waiting for answer.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #22,729 of 42,765
As much as I've anxiously awaited the arrival of the extender module, I now find myself hesitating to buy. I really want the extender, but I'm balking at the $100 price (due to a bunch of cables I will never use). Ugh. Really wish these items were available separately Chord.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #22,730 of 42,765
As much as I've anxiously awaited the arrival of the extender module, I now find myself hesitating to buy. I really want the extender, but I'm balking at the $100 price (due to a bunch of cables I will never use). Ugh. Really wish these items were available separately Chord.

Same, I'm sticking with my aftermarket iDevice > Mojo cables for stacking.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #22,731 of 42,765
  So I finally picked up the mojo. Bought it from Audio Sanctuary in the UK.. They had it for 332.50 lbs which came out to $450. Not a bad price.

http://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/chord-electronics/

Upon first listen, bass seems to be pretty light. I hope this resolves itself upon burn in. It is really open sounding though. It took a while to get it connected to my android. Worked flawlessly out of the sony zx2 the first time. 

I stream mostly tidal hifi. I would like eq though, which tidal doesn't have. I've read about amarra for tidal, which is only for mac it seemsl. Does anyone have experience with it on the phone using eq? Does it work? Are they other alternatives?

Just got the zx2 a couple of weeks ago, now the mojo. If the mojo's bass doesn't improve, I'm going to sell it. I have too much gear and need to start selling some off.

======================================================================================================================================================
 try the free Capture app from Sennheiser, available for both iOS and Android, simple but effective eq of Tidal!:

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/captune-headphone-sound-app

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #22,732 of 42,765
  Comparing Chord Mojo with Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus (~500$ desktop amp dac) and yeah the soundstage of the Mojo isn't as open and layered sounding also not quite the same amount of sub bass (maybe 0.5db less), but it's more focused and detailed with clearer edges around things. Also the Mojo is a little bit smoother sounding which overall is better sounding to me... However this made me itch for upgrade that would give best of both worlds... It never ends.

The Hugo and TT have a wider soundstage than the Mojo. I think John Franks wanted it tuned that way because he found it more pleasing for his personal tastes. I personally think I would like it be wider.

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #22,733 of 42,765

http://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/chord-mojo-accessory-pack.html 

The are based in the UK and charge 50 pounds which is about $73 plus shipping which would be $83.

So it's a little cheaper than the US retailers. ...

If you wanted the case and accessories pack you could buy both from them and pay the 13 pounds for shipping only once. 

The difference in savings when buying the Mojo case and extender from this retailer verses a US one is $46.

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #22,734 of 42,765

The are based in the UK and charge 50 pounds which is about $73 plus shipping which would be $83.

If you wanted the case and accessories pack you could buy both from them and pay the 13 pounds for shipping only once. 

The difference in savings when buying the Mojo case and extender from this retailer verses a US one is $46.

I just paid under $470 including shipping for my mojo from audio sanctuary.

Sep 15, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #22,736 of 42,765
Another Lavricables user fubar'd by iOS 10 on my iPhone 6S+. What a load of cobblers indeed.
CCK working fine with iOS 10. Most annoying is about all I can say! :frowning2:
@Mojo ideas  It looks like I'm buying the add on module after all! 

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #22,738 of 42,765

Thanks for the tip! Makes it a little easier to swallow. I'll give it some thought...

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #22,740 of 42,765
  Another Lavricables user fubar'd by iOS 10 on my iPhone 6S+. What a load of cobblers indeed.
CCK working fine with iOS 10. Most annoying is about all I can say! :frowning2:
@Mojo ideas  It looks like I'm buying the add on module after all! 

Me too! Actually since I got my Lavricables for the Mojo and iPhone 6, the phone seems to have developed a bug and every music app stutters when I change the track. I love the Mojo, but I am going to give up using it with my iPhone and use it with my desktop system instead now. No amount of little 'add on' boxes are going to make it less of a pain to use portably, especially when there are so many good DAPs these days. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back