Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 10, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #22,532 of 42,765
If only there were some kind of "airplane mode"
wink.gif

​point of fact.. airplane mode silences the cellular radio. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth still function in airplane mode thus emitting RF signals, but why let a few facts get in the way?

Sep 10, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #22,534 of 42,765
You don't get something for nothing.

If you carry a phone to make calls, then that's great, but if you want to strap a DAC to it, then some compromises may be necessary (although many people are fortunate to not experience RF issues).

One can't 100% circumvent the laws of physics, just for personal convenience, no matter who the manufacturer may be.

I don't personally have any angst about the issue, from either side of the debate, but I do wish some folks would be more pragmatic about the world they live in - if you can't always have your cake and eat it, then why not accept that, and take pragmatic steps to side-step the issue(s) instead of griping about it?

The ubiquitous phrase, so often seen in science fiction, "Resistance is futile" is relevant on so many levels, in human life experience, from the esoteric to the mundane and practical. Braking systems and circuitboard components are special exceptions, however
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #22,535 of 42,765
The idea of borking your mobile to make it play nice with mojo seems backward to me. I mean why do you carry a phone in the first place?
Thete are many reasons why using a phone with the Mojo is better. 1. Great screen to view while on the go, 2. Actually very thin easy to slide in pocket. Most daps are thick, 3. Only way to EQ the Mojo and yes I do use eq, 4. Phone actually sounds great with the Mojo and a lot of music player apps to chose from. I use a phone only to use with the mojo and never heard any RF noises, my mojo/phobes is dead silent when the music is not playibg.

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #22,536 of 42,765
​point of fact.. airplane mode silences the cellular radio. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth still function in airplane mode thus emitting RF signals, but why let a few facts get in the way?

What makes you say that? WiFi and Bluetooth both turn off when I enter airplane mode. Even if I turn on WiFi, I don't get any interference. Only with cellular enabled.

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #22,538 of 42,765

If only there were some kind of "airplane mode"
wink.gif

Wrong, in airplane mode all Wifi, Bluetooth, Cellular network are off.
But you can turn on Wifi in airplane mode. 

When you click on airplane mode, by default it turn off everything.

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #22,539 of 42,765
What makes you say that? WiFi and Bluetooth both turn off when I enter airplane mode. Even if I turn on WiFi, I don't get any interference. Only with cellular enabled.

​I say that based on the fact that my Nexus 5 in airplane mode allows the Wi-Fi  and Bluetooth to operate and only the cellular radio is shut down...

and to this i end my participation in this discussion... as stated previously you do what works best for you...

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #22,540 of 42,765
With $400 budget, What is the best choice for dap to stack with mojo ?

Some DAPs to consider include:

Fiio X3ii

Shanling M1  www.head-fi.org/t/816385/shanling-m1-an-ipod-nano-competitor-dap-usb-dac-usb-transport-bluetooth-4-0-aptx-dsd

Hidizs AP-60  www.facebook.com/hidizs

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #22,541 of 42,765
The idea of borking your mobile to make it play nice with mojo seems backward to me. I mean why do you carry a phone in the first place?

When I want to use it as a phone, I use it as a phone. When I want to do serious music listening, I put it into airplane mode. It's nice to go off the grid sometimes. Most times when I'm out and about, I'm listening to music for short periods of time, so it's not a big deal for me to turn off the cellular radio for 10 minutes here and there. I can understand that some people may need to be available 24/7, so that might not be a good solution for them. I guess my issue is that some people think their preferred method of using the Mojo is the only truly valid one. We're all different folks, and there isn't a one size fits all answer here. Different methods work for different people, no need to put anyone down because you only like Chocolate ice cream.

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #22,542 of 42,765
I'm not putting anyone down. Just expressing my opinion. This thread seems very sensitive :wink:  All I mean is that for a product that has been marketed as a mass market adjunct to a mobile phone to improve music playback from it, being recommended to disable the phone part of the phone is unlikely in my view to be an aid to such mass market acceptance...
rolleyes.gif

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #22,543 of 42,765
I'm not putting anyone down. Just expressing my opinion. This thread seems very sensitive :wink:  All I mean is that for a product that has been marketed as a mass market adjunct to a mobile phone to improve music playback from it, being recommended to disable the phone part of the phone is unlikely in my view to be an aid to such mass market acceptance...:rolleyes:  

Sorry, that wasn't directed solely at you. Yes I'm a sensitive man and proud of it. You make a fair point there too.

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #22,544 of 42,765
​a wise man once told me "single purpose devices are single purpose for a reason" I for one would rather have a quality experience than have a less than experience with a device that is a compilation of other devices.

a phone emits radio frequency waves of various lengths and amplitudes and there is no way around that if you are expecting to be able to use the phone for its main purpose.

so to each is own and that is the end of my rant on this topic.

I don't know about you, but I get zero RF noise from my phone when using the Mojo..

That said, if I were to want a truly portable solution (don't have one ATM), I would go with a DAP as well.. I personally do not like carrying around a clunk of two or more devices rubber banned together..

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #22,545 of 42,765
I don't know about you, but I get zero RF noise from my phone when using the Mojo..

That said, if I were to want a truly portable solution (don't have one ATM), I would go with a DAP as well.. I personally do not like carrying around a clunk of two or more devices rubber banned together..

Same here, zero RF noise w/ my iPhone + Mojo.

Agreed, while an iDevice+Mojo stack works great I prefer a DAP (hence why I went with an AK300) for the convenience/practicality. This leaves my Mojo doing desktop Amp/DAC duty which IMO works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back