Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 10, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #22,516 of 42,765
​Apple for many years has attempted to make their proprietary technology the only technology that works. The only true way to combat that is to stop buying their products. end of story.

Since there are other transport options to connect to Mojo, perhaps it is time to let go

I'm confused. Is the general consensus here that Android users have less cable issues?

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #22,517 of 42,765
I'm confused. Is the general consensus here that Android users have less cable issues?

​I connect to a DAP via optical connection... avoids all the mess of RF interference and such that USB and proprietary connections provide. I use my phone as a phone and not an entertainment hub. saves a lot of headaches overall

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #22,518 of 42,765
​I connect to a DAP via optical connection... avoids all the mess of RF interference and such that USB and proprietary connections provide. I use my phone as a phone and not an entertainment hub. saves a lot of headaches overall

Agree, the original AK100 and later on the mk2 is still the perfect transport for mojo imo. It just let you enjoy music and not worry about much else. Maybe only Chord's upcoming SD Card/Music play module can top that for me

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #22,519 of 42,765
Agree, the original AK100 and later on the mk2 is still the perfect transport for mojo imo. It just let you enjoy music and not worry about much else. Maybe only Chord's upcoming SD Card/Music play module can top that for me
very thick, not pocket friendly.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #22,521 of 42,765

I think that the consensus has probably shifted during the one year (approx) that the mojo has been on sale.

• i think that optical cables have the least issues, once users identified the best plugs, and brand (and macbook pro users liked the optical solution as well)
  • Android users started off having a lot of issues, but many of the issues turned out to be related to music players, or android settings. Users eventually identified the cable brands with the best construction, and best shielding, and added ferrite chokes if needed. There are few reports of cable issues nowadays, so I think android cables have shifted up from 3rd to 2nd place
  • Apple users quickly identified brands of cable and adapters that worked, and there seemed few real issues. Gradually the reports of some cable brands, starting to work intermittently, or stop completely, have become more numerous. Now that apple have introduced a new socket, I presume there will be a new set of issues with users having to buy new cables. So I think that apple cables have shifted from 2nd to 3rd place.

The SE 846 thread has been on fire for a couple of days, with users debating how they can use their beloved headphones, now that the new iphone has ditched the headpdone socket. A lot of debate about how apple can construct, and then sell a cable for $9 which contains a DAC plus a headphone amp, and still make a profit.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #22,523 of 42,765

Not sure, but aren't Apple products the only devices that allow you to get bit perfect output from streaming services (both offline and online, Spotify etc)?

Considering avoiding Android (which upsamples) and getting an iDevice because of this.

the cheapest solution is modify your android settings. Read post #3.

You can't modify android settings.
If you have local files(FLAC, DSD), then Android player like (UAPP, Hiby) can send bit perfect to Mojo.
But for other sources like Spotify or any other online source, you can't change the default UPSAMPLING to 192 Khz by GOOGLE :D

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #22,524 of 42,765
If you have local files(FLAC, DSD), then Android player like (UAPP, Hiby) can send bit perfect to Mojo.
But for other sources like Spotify or any other online source, you can't change the default UPSAMPLING to 192 Khz by GOOGLE :D

Yes, that was my understanding. Unless "modify android settings" implied rooting your device and installing a custom rom?

Sep 10, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #22,525 of 42,765
New CCK bought and adopting the protocol described above, it seems to work. We will see if it works on a trian when I really need it :wink:

Anyone using the Pioneer DAP as a transport?  Any recommendations for an OTG cable that 100% works with it?

Sep 10, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #22,526 of 42,765

But for other sources like Spotify or any other online source, you can't change the default UPSAMPLING to 192 Khz by GOOGLE
biggrin.gif

Yes, that was my understanding. Unless "modify android settings" implied rooting your device and installing a custom rom?

That is not verified yet, i am still searching the solution :frowning2:

Sep 10, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #22,527 of 42,765

I can appreciate your preferences. For me, the last thing I want is another device I have to lug around. As I use streaming music services and like to have one device do everything, an iDevice is still the simplest solution for me. Granted I use the proprietary CCK and have had zero issues.

Sep 10, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #22,528 of 42,765
I can appreciate your preferences. For me, the last thing I want is another device I have to lug around. As I use streaming music services and like to have one device do everything, an iDevice is still the simplest solution for me. Granted I use the proprietary CCK and have had zero issues.

​a wise man once told me "single purpose devices are single purpose for a reason" I for one would rather have a quality experience than have a less than experience with a device that is a compilation of other devices.

a phone emits radio frequency waves of various lengths and amplitudes and there is no way around that if you are expecting to be able to use the phone for its main purpose.

so to each is own and that is the end of my rant on this topic.

Sep 10, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #22,529 of 42,765
​a wise man once told me "single purpose devices are single purpose for a reason" I for one would rather have a quality experience than have a less than experience with a device that is a compilation of other devices.

a phone emits radio frequency waves of various lengths and amplitudes and there is no way around that if you are expecting to be able to use the phone for its main purpose.

If only there were some kind of "airplane mode" :wink:

Sep 10, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #22,530 of 42,765

If only there were some kind of "airplane mode"
wink.gif

If only someone was willing to actually use airplane mode
wink.gif
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back