Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 8, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #22,441 of 42,765
Mojo number 2 will be going back. Sat on a train and can not get the thing to play nice with my iPhone. Turned off turned on plugged unplugged. It may sound good when it works but this product is borked for its use case. No confidence in it.

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #22,442 of 42,765
Mojo number 2 will be going back. Sat on a train and can not get the thing to play nice with my iPhone. Turned off turned on plugged unplugged. It may sound good when it works but this product is borked for its use case. No confidence in it.

I've read as much negative stuff / problems with the Chord Mojo, and that's the reason i can't risk buying it.

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #22,444 of 42,765

I've read as much negative stuff / problems with the Chord Mojo, and that's the reason i can't risk buying it.

I've had zero connection issues with generic cables and my win10 pc or android phone and I bought my mojo over 6 months ago. No squealing either. Everybody worries about the micro usb ports but gotta say they've been solid as! Cannot vouch about iphones though. 

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #22,445 of 42,765

I've had zero connection issues with generic cables and my win10 pc or android phone and I bought my mojo over 6 months ago. No squealing either. Everybody worries about the micro usb ports but gotta say they've been solid as! Cannot vouch about iphones though. 

No issues w/ CCK+USB cable and iDevices here. Fiio L19 cable has been flaky at best.

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #22,446 of 42,765

If you'd like to give one last shot at the device, please read on..

Chances are, the Apple CCK Adapter might be the problem in the chain here. It has been discussed many times here that, the performance of Apple CCK adapters can be a hit or a miss. My first adapter was problematic so I got it replaced. Haven't had any problem with my 2nd adapter until now (knock on wood). Try connecting your Mojo to your computer to see if the device is working. If it does work, you can try to get the CCK adapter replaced. I understand some people don't prefer to go through this hassle. But if you do like the sound from the Mojo, this may be worth a shot.

Sep 8, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #22,447 of 42,765

having some issues with CCK also, sometimes restarting the IOS device, sometimes
inserting the lightning cable in the other way works (otherwise accessory not supported msg).

I'm also going to try the USB 3 CCK.

It would be great if there was a single supported cable, no CCK adapter needed
as flexing the adapter/cable can cause the IOS player software to pause or cause it to
break the connection.

The DFR may be less of a hassle on the go.

Sep 8, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #22,449 of 42,765
Thanks guys. Yes using the CCK. It's sooo frustrating! It worked fine last night. Will try another CCK . Cables are the bane of my life.

Careful, statements like that are how folks get crazy ideas and start removing ports 
blink.gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #22,450 of 42,765
If you'd like to give one last shot at the device, please read on..

Chances are, the Apple CCK Adapter might be the problem in the chain here. It has been discussed many times here that, the performance of Apple CCK adapters can be a hit or a miss. My first adapter was problematic so I got it replaced. Haven't had any problem with my 2nd adapter until now (knock on wood). Try connecting your Mojo to your computer to see if the device is working. If it does work, you can try to get the CCK adapter replaced. I understand some people don't prefer to go through this hassle. But if you do like the sound from the Mojo, this may be worth a shot.

agree....hence I'm only using the mojo at home , hooked with just the one wire into laptop...seems my cck is fine...stock mojo cable was issue (but I bought mine used...)....so I eagerly await the extension module for on the go use...hook my one cck cable from it to iPod and I'll be happy...but seems they're a bit delayed getting to the distributors.

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #22,451 of 42,765
agree....hence I'm only using the mojo at home , hooked with just the one wire into laptop...seems my cck is fine...stock mojo cable was issue...so I eagerly await the extension module for on the go use...but seems they're a bit delayed getting to the distributors.

Just get a cheap battery charger that comes with a very short micro USB to USB cable. Then plug your CCK to it and enjoy glitch-free music listening.

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #22,452 of 42,765
New Mojo owner here..

I am using the Sony NWZ A-17 as transport and the cord sold on Amazon that says it's for the Oppo HA2:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YWEHSQY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

It says on page 3 that this cord will not work at all for Mojo, but mines does.

But, I cannot use the Sony EQ, says "Setting not avail using the selected output device".

If this a fault of this cord?

Anyone know if using a different cord, if I could use the EQ?

I love what I am hearing, but just a little EQ to compensate for various headphone sigs, would be great.

Cheers...

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #22,453 of 42,765
New Mojo owner here..

I am using the Sony NWZ A-17 as transport and the cord sold on Amazon that says it's for the Oppo HA2:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YWEHSQY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

It says on page 3 that this cord will not work at all for Mojo, but mines does.

But, I cannot use the Sony EQ, says "Setting not avail using the selected output device".

If this a fault of this cord?

Anyone know if using a different cord, if I could use the EQ?

I love what I am hearing, but just a little EQ to compensate for various headphone sigs, would be great.

Cheers...

Your best bet is to ask in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/728401/sony-nwz-a10-series

Or PM castleofargh

My knowledge regarding EQ is very little, but my guess is, the Sony Walkman may have an analog EQ..

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #22,454 of 42,765
Your best bet is to ask in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/728401/sony-nwz-a10-series

Or PM castleofargh

My knowledge regarding EQ is very little, but my guess is, the Sony Walkman may have an analog EQ..

Okay thanks, will do.

I read of others using EQ while sending out digitally, so was hoping the Sony could do that too. But you may well be correct and the EQ on the Sony is done after the analog conversion and therefore, impossible.

Appreciate..

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #22,455 of 42,765
Okay thanks, will do.

I read of others using EQ while sending out digitally, so was hoping the Sony could do that too. But you may well be correct and the EQ on the Sony is done after the analog conversion and therefore, impossible.

Appreciate..

You are welcome. Yes, a lot of devices seem to allow the user to EQ when feeding the Mojo. I must admit though, lately, I have been considering getting a Sony A15 to go with my Mojo. With a dual-tape or a dual-lock, these two devices should practically merge together into a single device.

How many hours of playback do you get on your A17 when feeding the Mojo?

Happy Listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back