Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 31, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #22,021 of 42,765
Aug 31, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #22,022 of 42,765
Well, about 375 pages into this thread, I could no longer take it and ordered myself a Mojo. It should be here in two days (ordered from a local shop here in Colorado, USA).

As a source, I'll be using my late 2009 iMac and headphones are Harmon/Kardon Reference BTs (wired).

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #22,023 of 42,765
  thanks, inthere....so given what you've told us, and presuming you also like music,
when you go and buy flac or a cd of any particular artist, what things do you look for?
do you look anything up in that DR link? ..http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=&album=
or other? i know steve hoffman has a devoted thread on this area
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/hi-res-download-news-hdtracks-prostudiomasters-pono-etc-software-mastering-part-12.434884/page-259#post-14946438

plus our own headfi has a similar forum on selecting and suggesting quality music.
http://www.head-fi.org/f/9/music

....look at Queen, for example: there are a number 
of their 'greatest hits' albums put out...so how would you start to research which one to buy per quality sound?

a friendly invite to Chord's crew to please chime in on this one:
what do you guys use as criteria for buying flac/cds/albums per quality
to best match up with your own great product line?
(also what mediums of music do you use...flac, cds, albums...other...and why?)
we're all wanting to extract the most from our mojo's capabilities.
would love to know more of your preferences and such.

I just look for a great song man, if the song is great and it's a poor recording, so be it. There are some Led Zeppelin recordings where I hate the quality, the mixing, the mastering but damn, those boys rocked. Same with Black Sabbath, and Chili Peppers are super compressed........

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #22,027 of 42,765
thanks, inthere....so given what you've told us, and presuming you also like music,

when you go and buy flac or a cd of any particular artist, what things do you look for?
do you look anything up in that DR link? ..http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=&album=
or other? i know steve hoffman has a devoted thread on this area
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/hi-res-download-news-hdtracks-prostudiomasters-pono-etc-software-mastering-part-12.434884/page-259#post-14946438

plus our own headfi has a similar forum on selecting and suggesting quality music.
http://www.head-fi.org/f/9/music

....look at Queen, for example: there are a number 
of their 'greatest hits' albums put out...so how would you start to research which one to buy per quality sound?

a friendly invite to Chord's crew to please chime in on this one:
what do you guys use as criteria for buying flac/cds/albums per quality
to best match up with your own great product line?
(also what mediums of music do you use...flac, cds, albums...other...and why?)
we're all wanting to extract the most from our mojo's capabilities.
would love to know more of your preferences and such.

Quote:

I just look for a great song man, if the song is great and it's a poor recording, so be it. There are some Led Zeppelin recordings where I hate the quality, the mixing, the mastering but damn, those boys rocked. Same with Black Sabbath, and Chili Peppers are super compressed........

drats..it seems you're stuck in the mud with the rest of us, in trying to find good sounding music, your audio background notwithstanding.
will be interesting to hear from Rob or John of Chord.

as per Zepp...I totally get you....flick them on ('whole lotta' love' etc) and it's like I've injected speed....a rush goes thru my body.
do try 'the tragically hip'...you might be impressed....50 mission cap, courage, ahead by a century etc.

or below: little bones....this kicks with the best of them.

crank up this mofo

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #22,028 of 42,765
Nearly blew my eardrums yesterday, not sure if its been documented, but I think the Mojo's volume setting may have been reset due to me turning on the Mojo before my DAP (AK100ii) was turned on. 

First time I've done this and the volume must have been on max? Was panicking and trying to rip off my custom sleeves before bleeding occurred :frowning2:

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #22,029 of 42,765
  Nearly blew my eardrums yesterday, not sure if its been documented, but I think the Mojo's volume setting may have been reset due to me turning on the Mojo before my DAP (AK100ii) was turned on. 

First time I've done this and the volume must have been on max? Was panicking and trying to rip off my custom sleeves before bleeding occurred :frowning2:

I don't think so.  I do this all the time.  Mojo remembers the last setting.  You sure you didn't set it to line out and adjust the volume the last time you used it?

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #22,030 of 42,765

You likely had it set to line-out volume by pressing all three balls while turning it on. I haven't heard of one instance where the volume reset itself because it was turned on after the source. I've done that many times and the volume never 'reset' itself (not sure what that means as the last volume is remembered) turning the Mojo on after the source.

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #22,031 of 42,765
You likely had it set to line-out volume by pressing all three balls while turning it on. 

Actually, now that you mentioned this; may have been possible. I was clicking on the two volume balls to lower the brightness, may have accidentally pressed the power button as well 
blink.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #22,032 of 42,765
Actually, now that you mentioned this; may have been possible. I was clicking on the two volume balls to lower the brightness, may have accidentally pressed the power button as well :blink:

I did that once. Only once.

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #22,033 of 42,765
I did that once. Only once.

Re-read the manual; I definitely pressed both volume buttons down during the start-up phase of the Mojo. Didn't notice it was on the Line Level Mode as I usually listen to my music on the 'darker blue' volume setting, and the Line Level Mode are on Aqua blue which looked similar at the time. 

That moment though; same reaction that you get when you're watching a jump scare horror scene at the movies 
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back