Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 4, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #19,501 of 42,773
1. I think you'll need the DAC designer, Mr Rob Watts, to answer that one conclusively. TPL can be a slippery subject.

2. If those spurious frequencies are actually on the recording then I can't see the Mojo doing anything other than reproducing those frequencies to the best of it's ability as, quite frankly, that's exactly what a DAC is supposed to do.

Got it Slaphead, thanks!
How to get a hold of Mr Rob Watts?

TIA

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #19,502 of 42,773

1. I think you'll need the DAC designer, Mr Rob Watts, to answer that one conclusively. TPL can be a slippery subject.

2. If those spurious frequencies are actually on the recording then I can't see the Mojo doing anything other than reproducing those frequencies to the best of it's ability as, quite frankly, that's exactly what a DAC is supposed to do.

Got it Slaphead, thanks!

TIA

You needn't worry about contacting Mr Watts - he'll generally answer here, in the thread, within 24-72 hrs, unless he's exceptionally busy, in which case it may be a bit longer, but he does keep an eye on the threads relating to his DACs.

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #19,503 of 42,773
dropped down to my company's shipping dept to p/u my chord mojo today.
wow, the pics really don't do it justice.
 it really is the size of a deck of cards (but slimmer, still)...weighs about 170gr.
surprisingly diminutive, is the thought that came to mind.

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #19,504 of 42,773

Got it Slaphead, thanks!

TIA

You needn't worry about contacting Mr Watts - he'll generally answer here, in the thread, within 24-72 hrs, unless he's exceptionally busy, in which case it may be a bit longer, but he does keep an eye on the threads relating to his DACs.

Understood. Thanks

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #19,505 of 42,773

Got it Slaphead, thanks!

TIA

Understood. Thanks

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #19,507 of 42,773
  I love my pair of Emotiva AirMotiv 6.
They have an upgraded version now (AirMotiv 6s; US$499 a pair), and also the higher-tier Stealth 8 (US$749 per piece). 
Something to consider if you do not want to spend too much.

I have the AirMotiv 5s. For the money, they are amazing. List is $399US. Earlier this year, they were on sale for $279. At that price, one of the best "bang-for-the-buck" around!!

They have a very solid bottom end for a smaller speaker, excellent output down to below 50 Hz.

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #19,508 of 42,773

I have the AirMotiv 5s. For the money, they are amazing. List is $399US. Earlier this year, they were on sale for $279. At that price, one of the best "bang-for-the-buck" around!!

They have a very solid bottom end for a smaller speaker, excellent output down to below 50 Hz.

can you say much about how the airmotiv 6 compares to the adam a5x?
i'm willing to spend the moeny on the a5x if it's substantially better in sound quality combined with the mojo compared the airmotiv,
but if there's not too much to pick from.. well.

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #19,509 of 42,773
Sorry, haven't heard either of those models. I've read a lot of great reviews of the Adam. I considered that, really like the built in hi-pass filter for mating with a sub. But, at $280, I couldn't pass up the AirMotiv. 

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #19,510 of 42,773
Will it charge an iPhone/iPad while plugged and playing music?  My previous devices HP-P1 and Nuforce iDo charges my iPhone while plugged via USB.  Thanks.   

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #19,512 of 42,773

Thanks, such a great candidate to simplify my current office rig(iDo ->optical ->Mydac-> O2).  I really wish it could keep a phone charge. Hopefully next iteration will.  
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #19,513 of 42,773

Users who are viewing this thread

Back