Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 15, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #17,626 of 42,788
There's another file in /system/etc/ that might be worth looking into: media_codecs_google_audio.xml. Seems to have relevant settings contained therein.

Who knows what Android have done. I tried reading this and this

I'm still none the wiser

blink.gif

May 15, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #17,627 of 42,788
I use the ferrite choke for my coaxial cable. I don't know how to describe the sound but I like it :)

May 15, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #17,628 of 42,788
Have you guys who are trying to undo the Android upsampling looked at the Fiio X7's custom Android firmware? I guess Fiio will have removed the upsampling. I'm not sure how much it can help, but I thought can't hurt suggesting it :wink:

May 15, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #17,630 of 42,788
I'm using Wasapi in Foobar and MPC-Be in exclusive mode. When either of them is playing something, no other sound comes from all other Windows software, except for Google Chrome (Youtube for example). How is it possible? Does Chrome support Wasapi?

Please note that I have already set the Mojo (through SPDIF) as default sound device and enabled the exclusive settings.

May 15, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #17,631 of 42,788
  Anyone know the mA rating output of the MOJO, not in the spec., though I guess it can be derived from the spec.
Was just looking at Aune B1 with its 2 current settings switch '20 mA/ 40mA' and how it affects battery life by reducing it by half at the 40mA settings from 10 hours to 5.

Output Power @ 1KHz
600 OHMS 35mW
8 OHMS 720mW
Output Impedance: 0.075
Dynamic Range of 125dB
THD @ 3v - 0.00017%
4 Hours Charge Provides [up to] 10 Hours Play Time

Mojo's output current depends on the load as any amplifier.
Since, by maths, P=U*I & U=R*I,you can actually retrieve your current from Sandalaudio's curve below:

For example, with my ETHER C & DUM cable ( R=22 Ohms) the maximum output voltage before clipping is 9.92 Vpp (pp:peak to peak) or 3,5 Vrms (=9.92/2/1.414).
Therefore it brings a maximum current of 450mA or 160mA rms.

Please do note that Mojo is a very powerful amplifier with even more output power than most of portable amplifiers.
IMHO, your Aune B1, will probably bring its own colour to sound but surely not more power for driving any headphones.

Personnally I am quietly awaiting for ALO Audio Continental V5 who should bring roughly twice Mojo's output power as well as its own coloration.

May 15, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #17,632 of 42,788
  I'm using Wasapi in Foobar and MPC-Be in exclusive mode. When either of them is playing something, no other sound comes from all other Windows software, except for Google Chrome (Youtube for example). How is it possible? Does Chrome support Wasapi?

Please note that I have already set the Mojo (through SPDIF) as default sound device and enabled the exclusive settings.

Check the sound bar on your taskbar. If in true exclusive mode, the volume (green bar) should not appear. You should not have control over Windows volume either.

It might also be that it is in exclusive mode only during playback. On my laptop, Chromes plays the laptop's speakers if my mojo is in exclusive mode.

May 15, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #17,633 of 42,788
Mojo's output current depends on the load as any amplifier.
Since, by maths, P=U*I & U=R*I,you can actually retrieve your current from Sandalaudio's curve below:

For example, with my ETHER C & DUM cable ( R=22 Ohms) the maximum output voltage before clipping is 9.92 Vpp (pp:peak to peak) or 3,5 Vrms (=9.92/2/1.414).
Therefore it brings a maximum current of 450mA or 160mA rms.

Please do note that Mojo is a very powerful amplifier with even more output power than most of portable amplifiers.
IMHO, your Aune B1, will probably bring its own colour to sound but surely not more power for driving any headphones.

Personnally I am quietly awaiting for ALO Audio Continental V5 who should bring roughly twice Mojo's output power as well as its own coloration.
Using the word "coloration" are you implying loss of details or just that adding an amp one will get more good to the music?

May 15, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #17,634 of 42,788
  Check the sound bar on your taskbar. If in true exclusive mode, the volume (green bar) should not appear. You should not have control over Windows volume either.

It might also be that it is in exclusive mode only during playback. On my laptop, Chromes plays the laptop's speakers if my mojo is in exclusive mode.

There is indeed no volume green bar when playing music from Foobar and Windows volume controls are unavailable.

May 15, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #17,636 of 42,788
Using the word "coloration" are you implying loss of details or just that adding an amp one will get more good to the music?

Considering the Mojo's headphone out is basically the DACs line-out with digital volume control (like the Hugo, Hugo TT, and DAVE) you just can't get more transparent to the source than that. Any amp added will also adds its own distortions (loss of transparency) which may change the sound depending on the capabilities of the amp. Being a tube amp the Cv5 will more than likely have its own 'flavour' and 'colouration'.

For sonic flavour there is nothing wrong with that, it just isn't the ultimate in transparency when using Chord DACs vs their own headphone out, if that's what you are after.

May 15, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #17,637 of 42,788
  Very weird...chrome should not be playing on your mojo while it is in exclusive mode...

I'm very sorry, I just double checked again and edited my last post. So here are my findings :

When Foobar (or MPC-HC) plays music, Chrome switches to the laptop speakers.

As soon as you close Foobar (or MPC-HC) and refresh the YT page, Chrome sends the sound through the Mojo to my headphones.

So I guess everything is in order 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 15, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #17,638 of 42,788
Considering the Mojo's headphone out is basically the DACs line-out with digital volume control (like the Hugo, Hugo TT, and DAVE) you just can't get more transparent to the source than that. Any amp added will also adds its own distortions which may change the sound depending on the capabilities of the amp. Being a tube amp the Cv5 will more than likely have its own 'flavour' and 'colouration'.
Thanks for the reply. By adding "color" that can be a bonus or being able to enjoy the added "color".

May 15, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #17,639 of 42,788
Thanks for the reply. By adding "color" that can be a bonus or being able to enjoy the added "color".

Exactly why I said nothing wrong with it. You asked about loss of details though. Distortion will lose detail but whether you hear it, or whether it's important is up to the individual :wink_face:

May 15, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #17,640 of 42,788
  I'm very sorry, I just double checked again and edited my last post. So here are my findings :

When Foobar (or MPC-HC) plays music, Chrome switches to the laptop speakers.

As soon as you close Foobar (or MPC-HC) and refresh the YT page, Chrome sends the sound through the Mojo to my headphones.

So I guess everything is in order 
bigsmile_face.gif

Yes, that's how it should be ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back