Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 15, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #17,641 of 42,765
Considering the Mojo's headphone out is basically the DACs line-out with digital volume control (like the Hugo, Hugo TT, and DAVE) you just can't get more transparent to the source than that. Any amp added will also adds its own distortions (loss of transparency) which may change the sound depending on the capabilities of the amp. Being a tube amp the Cv5 will more than likely have its own 'flavour' and 'colouration'.

For sonic flavour there is nothing wrong with that, it just isn't the ultimate in transparency when using Chord DACs vs their own headphone out, if that's what you are after.

Nothing to add that was my meaning. Thanks @xRelicx.

May 15, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #17,642 of 42,765
I actually checked out 1964 Ears. There definitely nice, but 2K for the 12's are a little steep for me. Have you heard anything about the UE Pro line of CIEM's? After replies, and more research I am definitely not getting a DAP.
Thanks.

May 15, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #17,644 of 42,765
  Any ortofon e-q8 owners? If not you guys are missing out big time. Finally a pairing that brings the best of e-Q8. I had mix result with everything including HUGO but finally a match.
e-Q8 is very sensitive to poor amplification, it will distored badly if it isn't happy. 

I am having hissing with the e-q8 when there is no song playing on my chord mojo, is it the same with your setup?

May 15, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #17,646 of 42,765
May 15, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #17,647 of 42,765
do you feel any sound quality difference between other micros usb cable and silver one ?

It's hard to say for certain how much of a sonic difference there is but this cable feels more durable and the connection doesn't drop out when I move my phone around unlike the last cable. This cable was only $30 but Moon audio has more expensive cables that can cost up to $110. Those should provide a greater sonic difference.

May 15, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #17,648 of 42,765
I have a Forza Audio Works 7N Cryo OCC copper/silver hybrid cable to connect my phone to mojo and the improvements are noticeable in every area... Bass definition/impact, details/micro details and the clarity are impressive...
Before I was using a 12 € OTG cable... And the investment of 75€, shipping to Germany included are more than worth the extra cost.
Cheers

May 15, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #17,650 of 42,765
Ah OK I spotted the cable correctly after all.
I wouldn't call it a regular cable with some silver :)
For me it improved the sound a lot.

BTW does anyone know if Mython is taking a well deserved holiday?...

Cheers

May 15, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #17,652 of 42,765
Ah OK I spotted the cable correctly after all.
I wouldn't call it a regular cable with some silver
smily_headphones1.gif

For me it improved the sound a lot.

Cheers

Your cable has more silver, that could be why there was a bigger improvement for you.  At times there appeared to be more micro detail using the silver cable but when I tried to A/B test with a regular cable both sounded pretty good. I just prefer the silver one since it makes a more stable connection and is smaller in size so easier to transport.

May 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #17,653 of 42,765
My cable is 30cm long. This might be the reason, since I believe a certain length is beneficial for an audio USB cable.
What Cans are you using?

Cheers

May 15, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #17,654 of 42,765

I wish!

Just been busy, recently, plus my notebook screen cracked, so I'm having to hook it up to my flatscreen TV, via HDMI, just to type this, which is a PITA.

If you feel I have missed updating something, feel free to PM me, but I did read-through the 143 newest posts in the thread, a few hours ago, and didn't notice anything specifically update-worthy.
beerchug.gif

May 15, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #17,655 of 42,765
I wish!

Just been busy, recently, plus my notebook screen cracked, so I'm having to hook it up to my flatscreen TV, via HDMI, just to type this, which is a PITA.

If you feel I have missed updating something, feel free to PM me, but I did read-through the 143 newest posts in the thread, a few hours ago, and didn't notice anything specifically update-worthy. :beerchug:  

A cracked laptop screen SUCKS. I managed to crack my laptop screen from the outside and then had it in a bag with a bottle leaking fluid... 2 times... It was just water and I managed to dry it with a blow dryer...

Anyway good to hear that other than a cracked screen everything is fine... The thread just isn't the same without you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back