Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 26, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #16,756 of 42,765
Is it called "The Chaos and the Calm"? Which, by the way, is rated as "red" in the dynamic range database. http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/99600

But let it be stated that it's not a dig at the music. I enjoy albums by Fleet Foxes and Bon Iver, which don't get decent dynamic range ratings either.
what dies that mean? To my ears and set up it sounds super spacious and vivid maybe?? Im new to this but i thought perhaps when people say the album is well mastered, this may be ab example of such? I dont know. The album to me though is quality lol

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #16,757 of 42,765
what dies that mean? To my ears and set up it sounds super spacious and vivid maybe?? Im new to this but i thought perhaps when people say the album is well mastered, this may be ab example of such? I dont know. The album to me though is quality lol

Above all enjoy the music, that's what I've always done. I can appreciate music of all genres and acknowledge we all have differing tastes.

When asked what type of music I like I always answer

"I don't mind what it's called, as long as I like it"

It is about the music in the end not titles.
PS I enjoyed a few tracks myself from the James bay album.

beerchug.gif

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #16,758 of 42,765
Above all enjoy the music, that's what I've always done. I can appreciate music of all genres and acknowledge we all have differing tastes.

When asked what type of music I like I always answer

"I don't mind what it's called, as long as I like it"

It is about the music in the end not titles.
PS I enjoyed a few tracks myself from the James bay album.

:beerchug:
my favourite is the first song. The more i play the albun the better it gets. Will deffo stream it to mojo in store when my Aria arrive.

Apr 26, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #16,759 of 42,765
Vibro Labs Aria?

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #16,760 of 42,765
Anyone try to buy the Chord Mojo case from dignisdesign.com?  It's a terrible website that seems to forget whether I signed in or not.  Also, with shipping, the cheapest case is about $92 for the USA.

Is there another place to get it?  I don't mind the cost but the website doesn't make me feel confident about their technical skills or privacy protections.  If there is no other place to get it, I might just wait for the official case.
I have heard just this morning that our cases are about to be shipped to us at Chord I feel that our Design offers more protection than the after market third party type and you will see from the photos of it that will be posted on Thursday that the Chord case is a beautifully engineered design so we hope you would like to buy an original product, a specific chord Case made especially for our mojo.

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #16,761 of 42,765
I have heard just this morning that our cases are about to be shipped to us at Chord I feel that our Design offers more protection than the after market third party type and you will see from the photos of it that will be posted on Thursday that the Chord case is a beautifully engineered design so we hope you would like to buy an original product, a specific chord Case made especially for our mojo.

I'll take one... will they be available with US distributors, or will you sell them direct?

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #16,762 of 42,765

Great news!

Apr 26, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #16,763 of 42,765
I'll buy the second the Chord Case the second it is available!  I contacted Dignis about their "direct" price and they said it was no longer available.  They seem to be rude during their communications but that might just be a cross cultural misunderstanding.  Between their high price, terrible website, and lack of availability, I don't think they are the right option for me.

Looking forward to the Chord Case! Hoping it is one of these designs:

Apr 26, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #16,766 of 42,765
  Are there any other headphones that compare to the Shure se846 around the same price range that does not produce a hiss with the mojo?  I'm trying to decide whether I will get a different portable DAC or just look at different earphones instead of the shure se846.

I'll definitely give it a shot!  Now i know what those thick cylindrical things were on digital cables!

I read somewhere here that only using a mobile phone as a source connected to mojo via usb is prone to hissing/radio interference which can be reduced using ferrite cores.

If using DAP as a source connected via co-axial or optical, adding ferrite cores will not improve the situation.

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #16,767 of 42,765
For completely selfish reasons, I wish Chord would announce what the upcoming developments are for Mojo (even if release is still a ways out). Now that Audioquest has released the new Red Dragonfly, I feel like I'll need to be making a decision soon...and knowing what's on the horizon could help determine what will be a better overall fit for my needs!

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #16,768 of 42,765
I tested Hugo and I have to say there are differences in details and sound stage. Perhaps, the best way to describe scientifically describes the differences is look at the sin waveform produced by the two:

For Hugo:

for Mojo:

for Dave, because why the hell not :D

here is for PCM1795:

Reference:
http://www.themp3music.org/t/766517/chord-electronics-dave/1665
http://www.stereophile.com/content/chord-electronics-mojo-da-headphone-amplifier-measurements#t3FCox2wLJd4Ejl0.97
http://www.stereophile.com/content/chord-electronics-hugo-tt-da-headphone-amplifier-measurements#syfXR2XmUf1JPiKW.97
http://archimago.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/measurements-dac-waveform-peeping-903db.html

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #16,769 of 42,765
I tested Hugo and I have to say there are differences in details and sound stage. Perhaps, the best way to describe scientifically describes the differences is look at the sin waveform produced by the two:

For Hugo:

for Mojo:

for Dave, because why the hell not :D

This means Dave is the cleanest soundwise ?

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #16,770 of 42,765

Good news. I'll be buying one. Out of interest, where are the cases made?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back