Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 26, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #16,772 of 42,765
  I won't use the word 'cleanest' here. I will say it is certainly the most accurate DAC compared to the other in terms of converting from digital domain to analog domain. In plain English, it is a better DAC as the word DAC stands for. 

would the sine wave for hugo and mojo be jagged because of the presence of jitter in the stream, or is some other anomaly causing it?

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #16,773 of 42,765
I won't use the word 'cleanest' here. I will say it is certainly the most accurate DAC compared to the other in terms of converting from digital domain to analog domain. In plain English, it is a better DAC as the word DAC stands for. 
Now which DAC can be considered portable ?

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #16,774 of 42,765

would the sine wave for hugo and mojo be jagged because of the presence of jitter in the stream, or is some other anomaly causing it?

According the website (which I added in the post),  both use Audio Precision SYS2722 system for the measurements. I am not familiar with 2722, but it should consider jitter in stream. Perhaps, someone more familiar with the tool can answer your question. If you are asking why the output sin weave like that, then the answer is DAC inefficiency. It does not map the digital input signal correctly to analog. That is very hard to achieve perfectly. Perhaps, that is one reason why dave is so awesome :)

Now which DAC can be considered portable ?

I will say mojo, but this is my personal opinion. If you have hugo, but you are not okay with the size and you want something more portable, then mojo is an attractive option for you. Certainly, it is better than many portable DACs in the market.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #16,775 of 42,765
I would recommend the Sennheiser IE800 with the Mojo.  It is insanely good with the Mojo.  If you don't like the stock tips, there are comply tips that work.  At the current prices, it is a good deal.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #16,776 of 42,765

rather than jitter, perhaps due to the differences in the number of taps in Mojo versus Hugo versus DAVE, which would affect the reconstruction of the original analog waveform from the digitised recording?

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #16,779 of 42,765
Just got my Pure II. I've had three hours with the critical darling Mojo/Pure II combo. With Laylas. And wow! This is very close to end game

IF SOMEONE ON EARTH MADE A TRANSPORTER THAT WOULD FIT THE MOJO

It would be so sweet, if they made one. The ak100 isn't it - too big for triple-stacking and too slow for comfort. The Mojo amp alone was insufficient to provide the 12 driver monster Laylas with the kind of juice they needed to sound full and not veiled, but with he Pure II -- flawless detail, dynamics and tonality...

LOOOKING FOR A TRANSPORTER

My full impressions of the combo are here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/698734/vorz-ge-vorzamp-pure-ii-review-and-impressions/660

In short, only the soundstage could be wider. Otherwise 9.5 / 10. The perfect amp for the Mojo. Sound signature and physical dimensions are a match made in heaven.

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #16,780 of 42,765
Just got my Pure II. I've had three hours with the critical darling Mojo/Pure II combo. With Laylas. And wow! This is very close to end game

IF SOMEONE ON EARTH MADE A TRANSPORTER THAT WOULD FIT THE MOJO

It would be so sweet, if they made one. The ak100 isn't it - too big for triple-stacking and too slow for comfort. The Mojo amp alone was insufficient to provide the 12 driver monster Laylas with the kind of juice they needed to sound full and not veiled, but with he Pure II -- flawless detail, dynamics and tonality...

LOOOKING FOR A TRANSPORTER

My full impressions of the combo are here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/698734/vorz-ge-vorzamp-pure-ii-review-and-impressions/660

In short, only the soundstage could be wider. Otherwise 9.5 / 10. The perfect amp for the Mojo. Sound signature and physical dimensions are a match made in heaven.
Pics !

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #16,784 of 42,765
I'm curious: what is the benefit of a case for mojo? Its aluminum shell is gorgeous!

A coupe of key scratches here and there. To be honest, it is useless. Don't even bother, spend your money on a dinner much better. Unless you live in a cold place, covering mojo in summer is a really bad idea. It will be cooked like a steak inside your pocket
beerchug.gif

Personally, I went with the Pelican 1020 case. It is a very protective case. The main disadvantage of this solution is that you cannot use mojo in your packet. If that is ok with you, then go for it
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #16,785 of 42,765
A coupe of key scratches here and there. To be honest, it is useless. Don't even bother, spend your money on a dinner much better. Unless you live in a cold place, covering mojo in summer is really bad idea. It will be cooked inside your pocket. 

Personally, I went with the Pelican 1020 case. It is a very protective case. The main disadvantage of this solution is that you cannot use mojo in your packet. If that is ok with you, then go for it :wink:  . 
Yeah but can put the Mojo say ten minutes in your pocket then take it out hold it while walking then put it in for awhile. The Mojo really cools down really fast once out of the pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back