Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 24, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #16,606 of 42,765
Thanks for the info, would the official adaptor not have the mfi chip though?

I've looked at post 3 and most of them to me don't offer the small size/convenience for the price (I'll have to factor in an extra 20% duty + various "handling charges" from the robdogs who run our postal service
rolleyes.gif
). The FiiO L19 seemed the best option but a few pages ago someone confirmed its actually not an official FiiO product
eek.gif

It's not a huge drama to be honest, just trying to find a neater solution than the CCK for reasonable money. 

Cheers
Tim

At the moment there are not too many choices other than those you have already looked at. There is a Mojo attachment proposed but no official release date as yet.

EDIT The L19 has been reported to work

Apr 24, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #16,608 of 42,765
  anyone??

i am finding the mojo cannot handle jriver files upscaled to dsd256 dop.
it stutters as soon as you do anything else on the pc, at the same time. ie open a browser.

if i play same files output in dop or native to my ifi micro, no problem whatsoever.

with either, my cpu usage stays below 25%.

is there a known device/aiso driver issue with mojo?

Apr 24, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #16,609 of 42,765
  i am finding the mojo cannot handle jriver files upscaled to dsd256 dop.
it stutters as soon as you do anything else on the pc, at the same time. ie open a browser.

if i play same files output in dop or native to my ifi micro, no problem whatsoever.

with either, my cpu usage stays below 25%.

is there a known device/aiso driver issue with mojo?

As per Rob Watts suggestion never upsample anything, leave things as is as Mojo does its own upsampling internally. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #16,610 of 42,765
  As per Rob Watts suggestion never upsample anything, leave things as is as Mojo does its own upsampling internally. 

got same problem with the files bundled with my mojo. the free downloads from nativedsd.

have emailed Chord, so hopefully get a response during the week.

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #16,611 of 42,765
  got same problem with the files bundled with my mojo. the free downloads from nativedsd.

have emailed Chord, so hopefully get a response during the week.

I have found issues with DSD were down to my source. When using my OnePlus One via UAPP issues were caused by the CPU and the phones performance. When connected to my Nexus 6P no problems. The Mojo can handle it.

I do not use my PC much these days as it's old for one and CPU etc not quite up to the job plus I use JRiver and not Foobar

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #16,612 of 42,765
Just because the CPU is only running at 25% doesn't mean it is the fault of the mojo, it will be a CPU limit imposed in your software...

Easy (albeit different) way to confirm this is with Excel, get a big spreadsheet, and try and run two or three filters at the same time, and you'll get a white screen / program not responding error (which it will eventually escape from) even though the CPU usage is very low (10% in my case).

As said though there really isn't a lot of point in upsampling, especially all the way up to DSD, that is akin to dropping a lorry engine in your smart car because it has more torque.

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #16,613 of 42,765
At the moment there are not too many choices other than those you have already looked at. There is a Mojo attachment proposed but no official release date as yet.

EDIT The official Fiio L19 has been reported to work

So there's an official L19? Post 3 states something about it not being an official FiiO accessory? Doesn't matter anyhow since the L19 hasn't made it to these shores yet, will see how I get on with the CCK and decide after that.

Thanks for all the input.

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #16,614 of 42,765
So there's an official L19? Post 3 states something about it not being an official FiiO accessory? Doesn't matter anyhow since the L19 hasn't made it to these shores yet, will see how I get on with the CCK and decide after that.

You can grab it on eBay.   Also consider the Larvicable can be ordered at a custom size for the same price.  I ordered one at only 6 cm to make the connection very close.  

The misspelling is significant in that companies that are frequently stolen from post information on how to spot fakes (with some using some rather costly designs), which include such things as spelling. 

Having said that, the cable is working.  I did not want right angle, though.  

Apr 24, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #16,615 of 42,765

EDIT The official Fiio L19 has been reported to work

If anyone finds conclusive information on there being both an 'official' and an unofficial version of the L19, please let me know. I stated, in post #3, that the L19 is not an official Fiio product, because I had read a few different people mention that (not necessarily in this Mojo thread).

I'm open to new information on this, and if my current information is erroneous, I'd like to know. My only intention, here, is to provide accurate information for you all, in post #3

beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #16,616 of 42,765

If anyone finds conclusive information on there being both an 'official' and an unofficial version of the L19, please let me know. I stated, in post #3, that the L19 is not an official Fiio product, because I had read a few different people mention that (not necessarily in this Mojo thread).

I'm open to new information on this, and if my current information is erroneous, I'd like to know. My only intention, here, is to provide accurate information for you all, in post #3

beerchug.gif

I was under the impression it was but have since not found that to be true, not had time to amend my post yet

Edit: Edited

beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #16,618 of 42,765
My apologies if this has been asked before…this thread is a monster…

I decided to go for the Chord Mojo to accompany my Oppo PM-3. However, every review I´ve read so far talks about combining it to an IPhone 6, smartphone-wise. As I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge:

1)    1)  Is there any synergy between the IPhone 6 and the Mojo I would be missing on an Android-device?
2)    2)  Concerning a new DAP as the source, currently my favorite would be the Onkyo DP-X1. However, the two combined would exceed my budget for now. In theory, is there an audible disadvantage in using let´s say a FiiO X5ii or an iBasso DX80 instead of a higher-class DAP as the DP-X1 or a FiiO X7 as a source?

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #16,619 of 42,765
j river 64 bit processing engine is culprit . I have experienced in past specially with dsd . even if you stream dsd64 in dop via j river there is some heavy processing going in j river which supposedly should not be there but it is there and slows down the PC. with foobar no such issue. I said heavy processing because dsd64 even when streamed with out upsampling sounds worse than foobar on j river. it sounds processed as compared to foobar with a bit extra grain.

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #16,620 of 42,765
j river 64 bit processing engine is culprit . I have experienced in past specially with dsd . even if you stream dsd64 in dop via j river there is some heavy processing going in j river which supposedly should not be there but it is there and slows down the PC. with foobar no such issue. I said heavy processing because dsd64 even when streamed with out upsampling sounds worse than foobar on j river. it sounds processed as compared to foobar with a bit extra grain.
How does it sit if running 32 bit version?

Sorry if is a daft question, but am intruiged :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back