Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 8, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #15,556 of 42,765
  I've been gradually updating the various sections of Post #3, but the reason I haven't yet got around to updating the Co-ax section is because I've been seeking some commercially-available single-cable solutions for Fiio owners, and that's not proving too easy, at the moment.

Essentially, Fiio X3ii and X5ii need one of these:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/4080#post_12055224

There was recent discussion about 2-cable solutions, here:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/14985#post_12467535

After 4 days, I am still waiting for Phil (Custom-Cables) and Drew (Moon-Audio) to send pics to me, which is a little odd, as I would think they'd be eager for Mojo owners to see their wares.

Quote:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=5706.1529727.a31f1.4.SmNVtI&scm=1007.11502.21311.100200300000003&id=528390962477&pvid=5e6a9193-0115-4887-a3ba-6f1ee2d8530f

not trying to help them ad. here but just an example from Taobao for available options of 3.5mm coaxial cable for Fiio Mk2s with Mojo

That's very helpful for a lot of owners. Curious why they use a TRS plug at Mojo end when a TS plug is all that's required.

Thanks, I appreciate the effort.

However, I'm not confident that that is wired correctly for Fiio X3ii/X5ii. It might be, but I'd need confirmation from a head-fier who's actually tried it, before suggesting others consider buying it.

I somehow overlooked this post, from a while back, showing the Moon-Audio Fiio Mk2 co-ax cable with right-angle plugs:

Today I completely equipped all accessories for my Mojo stack: the button accident protected pad from Japan and the coax cable from Moon Audio to replace the one I bought on Ebay.

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #15,558 of 42,765
Don't forget the silicone cycle band option for strapping the Mojo to a device without obscuring the screen (if you want to move Mojo further up and not just strap it to the 'no-screen' lower portion of the X7, I mean):

For those using iphone with Mojo, one of the most costs effective way is using cheap silicon bands meant for bicycles.   
L3000.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #15,560 of 42,765
  Did both.  Still nothing.

I would look at hardware issues then. Try a different usb cable and maybe the second usb port on the MBP. Does the Mojo work with another source connected to its usb input?

It sounds as if your MBP is configured properly and that fact that it shows the Mojo via usb in the sound output list would make me believe that it is connection is working fine. Not sure what to tell you to check next. Do you have another usb speaker you could try?

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #15,562 of 42,765
I've tried 3 micro usb cables.  Tried both usb ports on 2 macbook pros.  I went to get a camera connection kit just now and it works using the micro usb that came in the box, so its not the cable or the mojo.  It's something with the settings I think.  At least it's not the mojo.

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #15,563 of 42,765
Good afternoon! 
I purchased Chord Mojo a week ago and when I play DSD256 files (11.2 MHz) it stops several times during a song, as if there is no enough power to decode.
I use iPad Air2/iPhone 6 with CCK connected to the Mojo with the supplied cable. The player is Onkyo HF, full (paid) version and I use DoP. The songs that I tried to play are downloaded from nativedsd website and the album is “8 Ensembles in 1 bit”.
Description of Onkyo HF player on AppStore says it supports DSD256 11.2 MHz, but probably it is not. I checked the settings of the player, read almost all related topics, but could not find an answer.
Can you please advise whether my Mojo is faulty or it is Onkyo HF player.

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #15,564 of 42,765
  Good afternoon! 
I purchased Chord Mojo a week ago and when I play DSD256 files (11.2 MHz) it stops several times during a song, as if there is no enough power to decode.
I use iPad Air2/iPhone 6 with CCK connected to the Mojo with the supplied cable. The player is Onkyo HF, full (paid) version and I use DoP. The songs that I tried to play are downloaded from nativedsd website and the album is “8 Ensembles in 1 bit”.
Description of Onkyo HF player on AppStore says it supports DSD256 11.2 MHz, but probably it is not. I checked the settings of the player, read almost all related topics, but could not find an answer.
Can you please advise whether my Mojo is faulty or it is Onkyo HF player

the mobile device is the culprit. I play identical dsd files with foobar on both a mobile device and my home computer... the mobile device is prone to stutter, but my home rig never misses a beat.

this is my experience... I'm sure there is someone ready to contradict me

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #15,565 of 42,765
the mobile device is the culprit. I play identical dsd files with foobar on both a mobile device and my home computer... the mobile device is prone to stutter, but my home rig never misses a beat.

this is my experience... I'm sure there is someone ready to contradict me

is there a way to increase buffer lika android uapp? it will reduce stuttering

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #15,566 of 42,765
is there a way to increase buffer lika android uapp? it will reduce stuttering

changing the buffer size can help, but you cant get a golf ball through a garden hose no matter how long the delay. mobile phones dedicate part of the processor and memory to the actual function the device was designed for. and there is only so much that a mobile processor can do (even the best multi threaded ones).

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #15,567 of 42,765
Good afternoon! 
Can you please advise whether my Mojo is faulty or it is Onkyo HF player.

Yeah as captblaze says its down to the hardware, that Dsd album is the hardest to play as its octuplet dsd, it stutters on both my iPod and iPad using onkyo player, the only perfect playback beside my PC is on my moto x force phone using uapp.

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #15,570 of 42,765
Where are you guys getting that 8 ensembles in one bit album? I get brief cut outs with double rate DSD on my iPhone 6 so I'm sure it would cut out even more with quad. Can anyone with an iPhone 6s test if they get the same cutouts on double or quad rate DSD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back