Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 30, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #14,926 of 42,765

Just so you know, I am currently working on making post #3 more user-friendly (more content available directly therein, and with summarised commentaries included, rather than sending people to discussions throughout the thread, although I may still retain the latter option, seperately, in post #4 (I believe it has its own merits, for those wishing to get a broader grasp of the various opinions & experiences relating to each topic, but I haven't made a firm decision on that, yet). In any case, a large proportion of it will be further-condensed using nested spoilers, but that won't happen just yet, as it is currently a work-in-progress.

As for the 1000-page thread itself - what are you proposing? 
regular_smile%20.gif

I don't personally see 1000 pages as a problem, as no-one is forced to manually trawl through all 1000 pages if they use post #3 / #4 or the good old thread-search function.

Do you mean a moderator should trawl through 1000 pages, slashing-&-burning posts?
eek.gif
blink.gif
  LOL

Yea maybe you should you bum, get to work, start on page one.

Yes, Miss; sorry Miss; right away, Miss!

(in my defence, I was sent to the corner of the classroom, with my Dunce's cap on, so I couldn't get near my laptop!

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #14,928 of 42,765

I don't understand the windows phone attraction, I tried one, the software was repulsive.

I find the same with iOS, not as much with Android. I prefer the eco-system of the Windows environment. Whatever floats people's boats. :)

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #14,931 of 42,765
The Japanese are so lucky when it comes to all-things-portable-audio-related.

They appreciate, and have access to, the high-quality gear.

Japan is a big market for Mojo
Same as Hong Kong both spend 14 hrs at work then 5 hours eating and traveling on a train or bus.

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #14,933 of 42,765
That's pretty much a pre-made lifestyle choice for "busy" hongkongers. Just a question of priorities and how much you like being at your home / with your family.
True , I am a Basketball Coach so basically 4 hrs a day work and dirt poor.

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #14,934 of 42,765

Why not go S7, tmobile and AT&T and euro carriers are literally givinv them away, seriously.  It's Buy-one-get-one free, you buy one, you sell the other to pay off the first and you've got a free s7 or s7edge.  Plus the S7 series has micro SD card support which is huge for audiophiles.  PLus you get a free gear VR virtual reality. =P  However, you should know that apple products are better suited for DACs because they can output audio from all your favorite apps like bandcamp, tidal, etc directly to mojo bypassing the built-in dac thus preventing unnecessary sampling which lowers sound quality.  Android can only pass tidal and actual albums you own on your hard drive to mojo without upsampling, everything else will be upsampled by the native upsampling on android and sound bad.

The buy one get one free is Over.

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #14,936 of 42,765
What gets me about Windows Phones is that with they have developed Windows 10 and have the drivers there for OTG and their devices are meant to be moving towards that one device does all, why oh why no OTG on their phones

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #14,937 of 42,765
I am doing my first battery check...

Should I expect lesser time on the battery if the 600 ohm headphones is coupled with significant volume?  

I generally don't listen loudly, but I wonder if this will impact the battery.  

I don't have concerns about the battery, but am just making sure after reading others.  If I get 6 or 7 hours of continual music from a single charge, it is more than I will likely need.  

As to Mojo's Greatest Hits, I am going to get to everyone's recommendations.  It is a lot of fun with the "musicality:" of Mojo.

Today, I listened to iTunes 256 kbps 44.100 after listening only to Tidal Hi Fi, or Apple Lossless for several weeks in a row, and it felt a bit dull, or 'recessed' to these ears.  

Mar 30, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #14,938 of 42,765
Quote:
  I would imagine the connection is intermittent hence the sync is also intermittent and the flashing power light. Probably due to a defective cable

I experienced the same with an optical Toslink to Mini Toslink. Replaced the cable problem gone.

Quote:

OK, thank you. I am probably zooming into town today so I will have a look at cables.

@masterpfa Yep I bought an optical cable and it's working fine. I am now playing DAB broadcasts through Mojo. It's quite exquisite, even though DAB is not so high a bit-rate.

Mar 30, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #14,939 of 42,765
I'm not sure if I should ask this question in the Ibasso DX80 forum or this one but it seems like more of a mojo question than DX80 so here goes.   I purchased a mojo to use with my DX80, I had them connected together with a coax digital cable and got sound out of the mojo except when trying DSF files on the DX80.  Now I know the DX80 plays the DSF files properly because without the mojo I am able to hear them.   Is there something special I need to do to get the DSF files to play through the mojo?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide
Mike

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #14,940 of 42,765
  I'm not sure if I should ask this question in the Ibasso DX80 forum or this one but it seems like more of a mojo question than DX80 so here goes.   I purchased a mojo to use with my DX80, I had them connected together with a coax digital cable and got sound out of the mojo except when trying DSF files on the DX80.  Now I know the DX80 plays the DSF files properly because without the mojo I am able to hear them.   Is there something special I need to do to get the DSF files to play through the mojo?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide
Mike

The DX80 does not play DSD over its digital output, so it's possible that the same may be true for DSF...

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/5205#post_12082035

Users who are viewing this thread

Back