Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 22, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #11,791 of 42,765
Thnks, it would be really great if they take indeed either by themselves.
I'm quite interested in using just a data cable (only) when using the micro input to try to keep the signal as pure as possible.

I imagine it would work. Try it and report back for others. :wink_face:

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #11,792 of 42,765
Greetings

I have Hugo and thinkin' about getting Mojo to pair with my Samsung phone to access Tidal and Spotify.
Hugo OTG w/ samsung phone is plug n play no need to install third party apps on the phone and it will play anything ie. Google music, Amazon  You Tube, Spotify and Tidal etc. You can use it for gaming as well if you like.

Can Mojo/samsung phones do this without the need of third party apps ? 

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #11,793 of 42,765
Greetings

I have Hugo and thinkin' about getting Mojo to pair with my Samsung phone to access Tidal and Spotify.
Hugo OTG w/ samsung phone is plug n play no need to install third party apps on the phone and it will play anything ie. Google music, Amazon  You Tube, Spotify and Tidal etc. You can use it for gaming as well if you like.

I haven't been able to get my note 3 to work otg with the Mojo, need to use uapp.

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #11,794 of 42,765
I'll be getting an s7 edge when they become available, my iPhone 5 is slowly dying-one piece of hardware at a time. Hopefully I'll have no issues playing YouTube, bandcamp, stitcher or Onkyo HF.

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #11,795 of 42,765
I'll be getting an s7 edge when they become available, my iPhone 5 is slowly dying-one piece of hardware at a time. Hopefully I'll have no issues playing YouTube, bandcamp, stitcher or Onkyo HF.

I can attest that Onkyho, Youtube and stitcher work great.  Not sure about bandcamp.  I would suggest USB Audio Player Pro for easy clean functional OTG support.

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #11,797 of 42,765
I agree and after reading Rob Watt's post I have gone back to a CCK connection with a short USB A to micro B adapter for my connection to the Mojo from my iPod Touch. While the build quality on my Lavricable was excellent, I felt it brightened the sound. So my first reaction was that it sounded better but over time I was less than pleased with the sound.

I could be wrong here (please correct me if I'm wrong) but the OTG is digital only?  If that's the case you can't really negatively affect 1's and 0's.  It wouldn't make sense.  Now if an analog signal was being passed we could make a different argument.  If I'm wrong, and OTG does supply analog information I stand corrected.  Logically, being an IT guy, I don't see how any cable could be better or worse in the digital realm.  Once converted, sure.

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #11,799 of 42,765
Mojo takes data + power at the same time, or either by themselves. Any USB will provide power, but if you want it to charge faster I am pretty sure Chord recommends a USB cable that can provide at least 2.1 V. You need a OTG USB cable to provide data to mojo.

Not sure where you got that number. USB is 5v. Chord recommends a charger and cable rated for 1 amp or higher to charge the mojo.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #11,802 of 42,765
Greetings

On my S6 yes, Mojo Jojo works natively without the need for additional apps.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #11,803 of 42,765

Greetings

On my S6 yes, Mojo Jojo works natively without the need for additional apps.

Same for Oneplus One, I don't use any other app other than Google music or Spotify.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #11,805 of 42,765
Dear Rob

I just listened to one of my favorite rock albums from my youth - New Jersey by Bon Jovi, on my commute to work on the Hugo.

I know this album very well, since I heard it so many times, and listening on the Hugo, it was like being in the studio listening to Bon Jovi live mike feed.

The vocals are so much better, and I could clearly hear each and every instrument being played, there was no compression, and I enjoyed every song. All the sense of space and reverb/ambiance created by the late Bruce Fairborn and Bob Rock as mixing engineer was there in this wonderful album.

WOW ! I used to be a big fan of this band, and on the Vinyl of this album his vocals are so much better than the CD, well on the Hugo I got that same sense of Jon Bon Jovi's powerful and huge vocals again, just like the Vinyl. Jon always sounds much better live than on CD (seen his shows 4 times), so it is a massive step forward to hear his vocals in digital sounding like they do live.

And I was smiling when I could clearly hear again the Jon Bon Jovi/Richie Sambora backing vocal harmonies and melodies with no blurring or compression.

In a complex Rock album like this with huge production, it is very easy to hear what your Dacs are doing !

You should get a Nobel prize for inventing the Hugo/Mojo and Dave

So my question is about listening fatigue. You mentioned on the Hugo thread it is about loud instrument dominance and see-saw of attention

I always wondered why I get fatigued during digital music listening previously - before Hugo, so is this an ear problem or a brain issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back