Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 13, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #11,236 of 42,765
NaiveSound, you say above "I wish it (the SE846) had a little more separation, or layering, but thst may be because my se846 are sub par in the iem category?

Sorry to say it but you must've already posted a dozen times about your SE846, wondering whether they were sub par and that they weren't "exciting" or dynamic enough-- and numerous members were more than generous in trying to help you with advice on the matter, including discussion about sources, suggesting trying other IEMs and maybe even headphones because it seemed that no IEM would do it for you. Then you subsequently posted that you really liked the SE846 because you tried other IEMs and the SE846 was better than all of them.

Now here you are again wondering if the SE846 is "sub par". Are you expecting members to be generous again in providing yet additional input on this repetitive subject?

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #11,237 of 42,765
NaiveSound, you say above "I wish it (the SE846) had a little more separation, or layering, but thst may be because my se846 are sub par in the iem category?

Sorry to say it but you must've already posted a dozen times about your SE846, wondering whether they were sub par and that they weren't "exciting" or dynamic enough-- and numerous members were more than generous in trying to help you with advice on the matter, including discussion about sources, suggesting trying other IEMs and maybe even headphones because it seemed that no IEM would do it for you. Then you subsequently posted that you really liked the SE846 because you tried other IEMs and the SE846 was better than all of them.

Now here you are again wondering if the SE846 is "sub par". Are you expecting members to be generous again in providing yet additional input on this repetitive subject?

No, just wishing the Mojo had slightly. More layering, I just ate haven't been wowed, there are days I pretend I'm happy with my rig, but I'm never wowed, never have been impressed, and I've tried other iems with mojo and while mojo made them sound better, most weren't better than se846 in my ears, maybe I just need to accept, I got what I got, it's enjoyable but nothing special.

Sry to have annoyed you guys, it wasn't my goal, u guys enjoy the weekend

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #11,238 of 42,765
No, just wishing the Mojo had slightly. More layering, I just ate haven't been wowed, there are days I pretend I'm happy with my rig, but I'm never wowed, never have been impressed, and I've tried other iems with mojo and while mojo made them sound better, most weren't better than se846 in my ears, maybe I just need to accept, I got what I got, it's enjoyable but nothing special.

I'm curious about your impressions.

Many people feel the Shure SE846 is the best universal iem you can but under $1000.

Also, many feel the Mojo is the best portable Dac/amp combo under $1000.

I'm new to the hifi world; my gear to this point has been mid-fi.

With that said, I'm curious what your issues with the Se846 and Mojo are.

I appreciate someone who isn't afraid to go against the grain. At the same time, I don't believe in criticizing products that are the best in their price class.

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #11,239 of 42,765
I'm curious about your impressions.

Many people feel the Shure SE846 is the best universal iem you can but under $1000.

Also, many feel the Mojo is the best portable Dac/amp combo under $1000.

I'm new to the hifi world; my gear to this point has been mid-fi.

With that said, I'm curious what your issues with the Se846 and Mojo are.

I appreciate someone who isn't afraid to go against the grain. At the same time, I don't believe in criticizing products that are the best in their price class.

To me mojo is amazing, no complains, it makes everything sound just awsome, I wish it had just more layering but thst may be me being an idiot.

The se846 just doesn't not wow me (any audio equipment has yet to do that for me) thr mojo is definitely the thing thst made me smile, the se846 are great for vocals, but I feel the treble is lacking on extention (clarity is top notch, but extention is lackong) anyways... It's just not a ***wow this is crazy awsome, I never expected things to sound this amazing***.... I'm new to. Hifi too, just a few months since I started wondering away from my apple earbuds, definetly enjoying my music much more, expecially since I got the Mojo (by far the best choice I made so far in audio) but just not wowed, not impressed and very happy with what I have.. It's just lacking anything special...
Expecially after all the research and hours on here and of course the $... I just feel shorthanded
So far in my audio quest.... The Mojo and chatting with you guys here on head fi has been the best decisions in audio I've made.
The se846 are great (For fit, and vocals, and mids in general) and just overall, they are great, but I was wanting more, so I tried others and was left disappointed, some. Other iems have things that they excel in but lack in other areas, I found se846 to be a good all a rounder but a master of none

Now I'm tweaking a few things like changing my L17 cable to a normal coax to Toslink cable from. Dx80 to mojo (I'm hoping it will. Get the best out of mojo) and will soon be looking to replace the stock cables of the se846 maybe I can squeeze more performance out, but I don't expect anything massive

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #11,240 of 42,765
To me mojo is amazing, no complains, it makes everything sound just awsome, I wish it had just more layering but thst may be me being an idiot.

The se846 just doesn't not wow me (any audio equipment has yet to do that for me) thr mojo is definitely the thing thst made me smile, the se846 are great for vocals, but I feel the treble is lacking on extention (clarity is top notch, but extention is lackong) anyways... It's just not a ***wow this is crazy awsome, I never expected things to sound this amazing***.... I'm new to. Hifi too, just a few months since I started wondering away from my apple earbuds, definetly enjoying my music much more, expecially since I got the Mojo (by far the best choice I made so far in audio) but just not wowed, not impressed and very happy with what I have.. It's just lacking anything special...
Expecially after all the research and hours on here and of course the $... I just feel shorthanded
So far in my audio quest.... The Mojo and chatting with you guys here on head fi has been the best decisions in audio I've made.
The se846 are great (For fit, and vocals, and mids in general) and just overall, they are great, but I was wanting more, so I tried others and was left disappointed, some. Other iems have things that they excel in but lack in other areas, I found se846 to be a good all a rounder but a master of none

Now I'm tweaking a few things like changing my L17 cable to a normal coax to Toslink cable from. Dx80 to mojo (I'm hoping it will. Get the best out of mojo) and will soon be looking to replace the stock cables of the se846 maybe I can squeeze more performance out, but I don't expect anything massive

Dude just remember not to get sucked in to hard. Chasing that last 5% is ridiculous. You can spend so much money on this hobby, but in the end its all about the music. Try to enjoy it and not over analyze. It will steal your soul. Seriously.

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #11,241 of 42,765
I posted this in hugo thread I thought I post it here as well:

A discussion topic that hopefully members can direct me to the possible answer. Do you guys think certain DAC chip plays PCM files better than DSD files, despite them supporting both format natively? I ask this as I sense calyx M deals with DXD file better than DSD.

The way I test it is using 2L nordic test files available free online. I feel DXD is able to maintain the 'organic' sound of DSD while keeping the higher frequency more vibrant and less harsh, which to me DSD can sound harsh at time.

Chord hugo is different, it seem to be immune to whether playing 16/44.1, DXD, DSD it all sounds the same, at least to me and that is not a bad thing. Honestly even lossy files sound darn good.

Using XiVero GmbH I am testing their XiSRC file, worth every cent in my opinion. The ISP feature alone worth the purchase. I am really enjoying all this new findings. While I cant say I hear the different when using HUGO but with my other players, like calyx M, I can hear a different which is pleasing to my ears.

Do different DAC chips have a preferred format? 

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #11,242 of 42,765

Mate, I start to think you have got some other problem in life, perhaps depression. You complain a lot on head-fi forums. In DX80 thread you expressed your negative opinion about the DAP at least a dozen times (as a result 2-3 people banned you), and it has turned out, you still use DX80 as a portable option.
Mojo and SE846 is a great IEM pairing. If you do not like it, you might want to move on to full sized cans to try something different as changing cables and transports won't bring you that huge difference in sound which your comments imply you are after.

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #11,243 of 42,765
I don't know what you mean by "wow" factor. If you feel like you are missing something, you must have heard a reference setup that have wowed you before and that you are comparing to. What was the setup if you can remember? If not, it might just be imagination you have made up. 4K resolution didn't wow me over 1440P, but it did put a smile on my face. You must have an objective comparison or else it's just fantasy my man! :D

Feb 13, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #11,244 of 42,765

Dude just remember not to get sucked in to hard. Chasing that last 5% is ridiculous. You can spend so much money on this hobby, but in the end its all about the music. Try to enjoy it and not over analyze. It will steal your soul. Seriously.

May I say I agree with a number of you here and somewhere in the middle there's some common ground.

NaiveSound I don't disagree with the way you've described the mojo and the compromises you have to make with it - just like we do with all gear that's around, I feel it's the closest best fit you should go to (that includes budget) just as townyj, I think, is kind of saying.

I tried wanting the mojo on two different demo occasions in the last 10 days, after all there's a lot of live for it here within these 11246 posts. But like you to it didn't wow me enough. I loved some elements, like some of the detail, but for my preferences and my setup I was wanting more separation.

Let me insert this little story/gag in here that sums up my view if the mojo and its following :

"Whilst a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on the freeway. Please be careful!"

"Hell," said Herman, "It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them!"

Ahhhhh.....I love that gag.

Good news is you want have a problem selling your mojo at a pretty good price - very good news, at a minimal loss.

So perhaps it's time to move on and look again what might work with the gear you have or with the gear you may want move to after selling what you have.

Either way I thinks it's time to move on and look for that wow factor that grabs you personally.

Good luck

Feb 13, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #11,245 of 42,765
Hi, anyone here can share synergy between Mojo and Fitear tg334 / mh334?
smile.gif

Feb 13, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #11,246 of 42,765
I think your terminology is confusing people. The Mojo is both a source and an amp. DACs are considered sources. Your phone/tablet/computer/dap/etc. Is just a transp085811339306ort - a vehicle - that holds your files, at least from an audio signal perspective.

Now, whether some phones are better transports than others? I'll defer to people who have A/B tested.

Yes, sorry for that confused,, i mean phones and dap as transport, which is better? Coz the connection is between usb and toslink/coax

Feb 13, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #11,247 of 42,765
Ok ive had a revelation... listening to Foxes with UAPP from my Note 4. This is ridiculous! Wow! Im going to need a side by side comparison with my Concero HP.

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #11,249 of 42,765
  Hi, anyone here can share synergy between Mojo and Fitear tg334 / mh334?
smile.gif

There are only two times where synergy really matters:

1. the source, DAC, or amp uses valves, and has high levels of distortion. (This goes for certain NOS DACs as well.)
2. you're not looking for the best possible sound, but for a certain sound.

If it's the first, it won't matter: Mojo is solid state. If the second, Mojo won't matter as it is 100% capable with every IEM on the planet, and in many metrics, is the best or 2nd best performing DAC/amp out there. So, for it to have or not have synergy with an earphone would mean that the product you're looking for has worse objective sound quality. In which case, I can suggest about a hundred DACs/amps with more or better synergy. Synergy with earphones depends on only three things: personal preferences (which have nothing at all to do with objective sound quality), sufficiently low enough output impedance, high current. It can fail the last two and still have synergy for you, but that synergy is predicated on BAD sound quality. 

Mojo plays perfectly well with TG334 and MH334. But it plays perfectly well with all earphones. Again, if you want worse SQ, just ask. The options are myriad.

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #11,250 of 42,765
Can anyone recommend a cheap cable I can use with my ak120, I'm in the UK and there doesn't seem to be a lot about that is short enough to use on the move. I will be ordering the sysconcept one but I need something I can get hold of quickly in the UK to tide me over. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back