Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 31, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #10,411 of 42,765
What type/kind of problem did you have with the sysconcepts cable?   You're the first I've read so far.   TIA

Corner split within three weeks. When I contacted they offered me 10% discount on new cable after I sent them pictures. They were less than helpful, I bought a moon cable and it has lasted 11 months with out a problem. Take it how you will but that tells me something.

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #10,413 of 42,765
They didn't offer a replacement? 10% discount on a new cable? That's horrible.

Yeah, I was pretty pissed. No more of my money that way. I mentioned it in the Hugo thread, just as long as people know that once they get it they are on their own.

After having some Hugo issues and seeing Todd (TTVJ) stand behind me It really makes appreciate the help and ability to have recourse instead of being snubbed like with sys concept -so I speak up here about it.That's one reason for having the forum, so you can read and make educated purchases instead of being frustrated or taken.

FYI-while I'm at it, Chord stepped up to and made everything right. I'm totally impressed with Chord and plan to buy more equipment from them in the future.

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #10,414 of 42,765
 Big?
 No.

Zero difference. Your device is a slave/host and it's job is to pass binary data. Pick your favorite digital slave to feed the Mojo.

That's simply not so, for me note 5 is better than dx80, and asus laptop better than both

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #10,416 of 42,765
Corner split within three weeks. When I contacted they offered me 10% discount on new cable after I sent them pictures. They were less than helpful, I bought a moon cable and it has lasted 11 months with out a problem. Take it how you will but that tells me something.

That's pretty ****ty customer service.   Moon would have been my first choice, but they don't make a port-over-port cable like sys does.

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #10,417 of 42,765
I can't believe how anal people get when the mojo makes a little noise while charging. Does it charge, yes, does it play music for 8-10 hours, yes.

Makes noise while charging, who cares.

My car makes a noise when I turn it on.

I have noticed that here at Head-Fi a lot of people look more for defects than for qualities in the products, maybe looking for an excuse to upgrade or buy another products, we all know this hobby is addictive and some people would never be happy with what they have.

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #10,418 of 42,765
Any that you like would surely sound great from the Mojo. But to get a goo response to your question, I think you will need to provide a bit more info, like budget, musical tastes, sound signature that you like...

All that I have tried sound extremely good. The JH13 Pro to much lower priced monitors like the HiFiman series of in the ear monitors. 

Budget is sub-$200. I am looking for an earbud,not an IEM. I have CIEM's and Aurisonic Rockets (now Fender I guess) but I want something that doesnt go inside the ear but rests on it. This will be for work when I dont want something clamping my head. I listen to most every type of genre, even country. I like neutral sounding headphones normally. Anything else you need for a recommendation? I was thinking Yuin PK1 but its only because its one of the only earbud I know of.

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #10,419 of 42,765
Budget is sub-$200. I am looking for an earbud,not an IEM. I have CIEM's and Aurisonic Rockets (now Fender I guess) but I want something that doesnt go inside the ear but rests on it. This will be for work when I dont want something clamping my head. I listen to most every type of genre, even country. I like neutral sounding headphones normally. Anything else you need for a recommendation? I was thinking Yuin PK1 but its only because its one of the only earbud I know of.

My favorite sounding earbud and it's priced around $199 is the Celsus Sound Gramo One. With well recorded material it sounds very good for an earbud with decent transparency and soundstage. It is not all that forgiving of less than stellar recorded material though if you are looking for an earbud to make all your music sound good. http://www.sonicunity.com/products/gramo-one

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #10,421 of 42,765
My favorite sounding earbud and it's priced around $199 is the Celsus Sound Gramo One. With well recorded material it sounds very good for an earbud with decent transparency and soundstage. It is not all that forgiving of less than stellar recorded material though if you are looking for an earbud to make all your music sound good. http://www.sonicunity.com/products/gramo-one

I think i need something not that picky. but thanks for the suggestion.

I am thinking earbuds and now also earphones like the Audio Technica ATH-EQ300M but higher end

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #10,422 of 42,765
Should I jump on the Mojo Bandwagon?

HI all;

I have been lurking around Head-Fi and the other headphone sites for a little while now. I’ve been wading through this thread, I read the beginning including the “3rd post” and picked back up on page 600 and trying to catch up to current but very time consuming. I picked up on One Tall Guy’s Q&A thread since I to am mid 60s and have typical hearing loss for my age and similar concerns.

I’m just getting into the Head-Fi hobby.  I’ve been addicted to  audio gear all my life and have a pretty high end vintage stereo rig as well as an above average home theater setup.  The problem is with my wife home most of the time, I can’t really enjoy the stereo rig without disturbing her. 

I have had a pair of Shure E5c’s and some SE4 series Shure IEM for a while and use a Geek Out 450 with them as well as a pair of HE-400s with Focused A pads I just picked up ( my first recent purchase), which I like very much.  I have a pair of Fidelio X2 coming in a week or so to evaluate against the 400s’ and I’ve signed up for the Massdrop Fostex TH-00x drop coming in May.  I tried the Oppo PM-3’s but I preferred the airiness and soundstage of the HE-400s.  The Oppo’s to quote someone from one of the forums, “are quite good and neutral but just boring”.  They were comfortable and the closed back was a plus but I just couldn’t get excited about them.  I’m hoping the Foxtex will fill that void.

I mostly listen to rock, folk , R&B and popular with a lot of female vocals. I also listen to some Jazz and Classical as well.  Some EDM but can’t stand Techno, Opera or most Country.

So hear is my question have any of you new Mojo converts had any previous experience with the Geek Out device and how would you say they compare?  

I toyed with the idea of getting a Schiit Vali 2 Tube amp and feeding it with the Geek Out or one of the Schiit DAC’s as a cheap option.  I suppose I could also feed it from the Mojo to experiment with tube flavoring.

I just don’t want to spend $600 on the Mojo to find out it is a 1 or 2% improvement over what I’m listening to. I like the GO and  from all I’ve read it’s very respectable.  I found a couple of comparison with the GOV2 to the Mojo and those people preferred the Mojo but not by a huge margin.  I’ve searched and can’t fine anyone who has compared it to the GO450 or the 450 to the V2 for that matter.

I should also mention I would not use the Mojo away from home much if at all. I can survive the quality of my iPad or iPod into the Shure IEM’s for a 4 hour flight now and again.  I typically would use it from my Macbook while sitting in the family room and drawing the files from either my Mac Mini HTPC or from a NAS drive that has several thousand AAC and Apple lossless files stored on them.

I’ve been reading how awesome the Mojo is but if I don’t need the portability, should I be considering some other option in a similar price range.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #10,423 of 42,765
I have noticed that here on Head-Fi a lot of people look more for defects than for qualities in the products, maybe looking for an excuse to upgrade or buy another products, we all know this hobby is addictive and some people would never be happy with what they have.

I can't believe how anal people get when the mojo makes a little noise while charging. Does it charge, yes, does it play music for 8-10 hours, yes.

Makes noise while charging, who cares.

My car makes a noise when I turn it on.

What stupid statements, unless you have heard the noise or are slightly deaf then you wouldn't understand.

I returned my first unit due to the high pitched whine when charging which I could hear from 2 metres away, the replacement is silent when charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back